Singtel MUST share EPL

Mllcg

(edited)

Subject to appeal.

:D

fail and its bye bye mio TV

currently, its the EPL thats keeping their subscribers

Edited by Mllcg

Both Singtel and Starhub belongs to temasek..no? Temasek belongs to who? MDA belongs to who?

IMO it's just a mega wayang show to make MDA look good.

but den i don't care as long as I get to watch BPL on my SH box [:p]

Edited by Baphomet

ohh man!!! Price gonna increase!!

Allen Lew, SingTel's country chief officer Singapore, said the company intends to appeal the decision and seek legal recourse if necessary.

He added that the development also means that soccer fans can expect to pay higher prices to watch matches in future.

Mr Lew said: "Once I have customers who are not sitting on my platform, I cannot subsidise them because there's no commercial rationale for me to subsidise them. So I have to raise the price for them.

"Unfortunately because I cannot have differential pricing... Once I raise the price for my competitor's customers, I also have to raise the price for my own customers because the ruling very clearly states: only one uniform price."

Allen Lew, SingTel's country chief officer Singapore, said the company intends to appeal the decision and seek legal recourse if necessary.

He added that the development also means that soccer fans can expect to pay higher prices to watch matches in future.

Mr Lew said: "Once I have customers who are not sitting on my platform, I cannot subsidise them because there's no commercial rationale for me to subsidise them. So I have to raise the price for them.

"Unfortunately because I cannot have differential pricing... Once I raise the price for my competitor's customers, I also have to raise the price for my own customers because the ruling very clearly states: only one uniform price."

get starhub to negotiate sua

ah fark them lah [thumbsdown] just watch internet lor [sunny]

ah fark them lah [thumbsdown] just watch internet lor [sunny]

sibeh chow sia..

but really. if i were singtel, i would also start shitting bricks now.

EPL is really holding its mioTV subscribers.

i for one would cancel my mioTV instantly if starhub gets it next season. (no matter the price)

sibeh chow sia..

i for one would cancel my mioTV instantly if starhub gets it next season. (no matter the price)

+1

Same for me. [:p]

Wayang show [laugh] .

MDA say must share @ the same price.

So ST raise price as it loses market share due to SH will be able to retain back customers.

EPL will able to reach to more customers BUT at higher price.

End of the day, SH will also need to pay back ST the amount collected = ST still wins [laugh]

Edited by Vhtfhwlego

Hope it applies to the other competitions as well, such as Champions league, FA Cup etc. Then I also confirm terminate my MIO and go back to SH.

sibeh chow sia..

actually i say so much is because i dont watch football one [:p][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement