Malaysia : Avillion port dickson

Giordanogavin

(edited)

Are you referring to the overhead bridge restaurants(KFC & A&W)? If so, it should be Ayer Keroh rest stop.

This is also one of my fav rest point as there're aircon at the fast food joints & can overlook the highway seeing all the speeding vehicles where having your makan :D

yes i just corrected it. i think that is the most luxurious rest stop along NSHW [laugh]

Edited by Jman888
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

yes i just corrected it. i think that is the most luxurious rest stop along NSHW [laugh]

atas rest stop to cater to mainly singaporeans

:D

Ya... the first time I was there many years back, i was indeed impressed & even the KFC chicken seem bigger than ours in S'pore :D

But I would have to say that their standard has since dropped.

There's another rest stop further up north(between KL to Ipoh) with such overhead restaurants. Can have a try if going to Cameron Highlands.

Ya... the first time I was there many years back, i was indeed impressed & even the KFC chicken seem bigger than ours in S'pore :D

But I would have to say that their standard has since dropped.

There's another rest stop further up north(between KL to Ipoh) with such overhead restaurants. Can have a try if going to Cameron Highlands.

Thatz Sungei Buloh rest stop.

Turbocharged

for port dickson, besides avillion can try thistle or grand lexis. if want water chalet n hv a bit more budget, grand lexis better. rooms a lot bigger n also hv in-room pool. very nice.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Thanks...for the price thistle would be newer but no water chalet

i have old people travelling so water chalet not convenient because of the long walk

No problem. If no water chalet, i won't go Port dickson bah... lol

Haha i just found out i didn't book the Breakfast included cos i unclicked the option to see the price difference. lol was just concerned that i didn't book wrong date.

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

Haha i just found out i didn't book the Breakfast included cos i unclicked the option to see the price difference. lol was just concerned that i didn't book wrong date.

sometimes if u r lucky when checking in they will still give u the bfast vouchers. happened to my sis once. i booked holiday inn batam fm hotel direct cos got bfast incl. my sis wanted to pay less...so booked fm agoda with no bfast. but when checked in, hotel still give her bfast vouchers! she saved abt $60 for that.

Hypersonic
(edited)

just be careful with your 20 mo girl when walking on the jetty to and from the water chalet

don't worry about breakfast, much good food just a short drive away

i usually book without breakfast anyway

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

hi guys. Just booked for Avillion in late june to bring my 20mth old girl and my wife up.

What's a good place to stop by for lunch along the way?

I will be taking my time to go up. Not going to drive fast.

We may be leaving SG only at like 9+ am after my girl wakes up.

Ayer Keroh R&R (as what some bros have suggested), would be most ideal for your lunch stop.

If u prefer more variety of local food, I suggest Pagoh rest stop. It is just before Ayer Keroh exit. I usually stop at this rest stop. Its a pretty busy rest stop so pretty safe.

If u prefer more variety of local food, I suggest Pagoh rest stop. It is just before Ayer Keroh exit. I usually stop at this rest stop. Its a pretty busy rest stop so pretty safe.

I dun like Pagoh cos no aircon, Machap also good but too early for lunch.

Hypersonic
(edited)

there is also a "local" rest stop at Ayer Keroh

it is just after the restoran jejantas exit iirc

pity it is overshadowed by the more glamorous one

Edited by Enye

there is also a "local" rest stop at Ayer Keroh

it is just after the restoran jejantas exit iirc

The selection of food there is pathetic compared to Pagoh. I only stop at Ayer Keroh for its A&W. Just had it last week on the way back to SG.

Stayed at the water chalet before. It's nice to stay, with the sound of waves esp during high tide. But can work both ways, as it may get too noisy and hard to sleep if you not used to it.

The kids will certainly enjoy the activities there, got animal farm, can play with the rabbits, birds, chickens

Basically during my stay there we just stayed at the resort most of the time and nua

I would be going to CH this coming June... which rest stops would you recommend along the way? Normally when i go Sunway or Genting, apart from the toilet breaks, will just stop for lunch/petrol at Ayer Keroh. For CH which is much further, I suppose at least need to have 2 makan breaks; bf & lunch.

Thanks in advance bro!

Supercharged

I would be going to CH this coming June... which rest stops would you recommend along the way? Normally when i go Sunway or Genting, apart from the toilet breaks, will just stop for lunch/petrol at Ayer Keroh. For CH which is much further, I suppose at least need to have 2 makan breaks; bf & lunch.

Thanks in advance bro!

Should have at least 3 stops.

Actually You need to give us more info, like what time you set off, which route you intend to take to drive uphill....so bros here can advise more accurately.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Thanks in advance bro!

I usually go klang to eat bkt for lunch

Short detour but worth it

Edited by Enye
↡ Advertisement