Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
191 replies to this topic | 217 praises

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Ssbcc
  • Ssbcc
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I was considering the Jetta as a replacement for our family car, but down at the showroom, the CO expressed more interest in the Golf instead.
Would appreciate feedback from the bros and sis driving the current Golf.
In particular, Internet has a lot of negative reviews about the DSG gearbox. Does anyone driving the Mk 7 Golf have any issues so far?
Thanks in advance.
人的地位,虽然有高低之分;但是,人格,不应该有贵贱之别

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Kelfinity
  • Premium member
    Kelfinity
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I was considering the Jetta as a replacement for our family car, but down at the showroom, the CO expressed more interest in the Golf instead.
In particular, Internet has a lot of negative reviews about the DSG gearbox. Does anyone driving the Mk 7 Golf have any issues so far?
Thanks in advance.

ROFLOL... Already saw a few mk7 broke down by roadside. grin.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Ssbcc
  • Ssbcc
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Maybe their drivers stop at roadside for break?
laugh.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Atec1267
  • Atec1267
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

they can sell, but can't service. service from AD is really hell.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Kelfinity
  • Premium member
    Kelfinity
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe their drivers stop at roadside for break?
laugh.gif

Yup, perhaps it just happened that the tow truck drivers were taking a break next to them coincidentally biggrin.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Duckduck
  • Duckduck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks in advance.

hahaha... goto vagsg.com n read the DSG gearbox threads... dont b suckered by their full page ads in ST...
Pursuant to section 49, subsection 7e, paragraph a...

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

ATTB
  • Premium member
    ATTB
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yup, perhaps it just happened that the tow truck drivers were taking a break next to them coincidentally biggrin.gif

Or they are so close buddy to each other till park side by side and go la kopi. laugh.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Ssbcc
  • Ssbcc
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Or they are so close buddy to each other till park side by side and go la kopi. laugh.gif

Like many bros always go smoke break together cool.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Royho1979
  • Royho1979
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Really? I own a Mk 7 golf and I have not heard a single case of failure in VAGS forum. You saw A FEW Mk 7 golf that has broken down care to share more details? huh.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

ATTB
  • Premium member
    ATTB
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Your's still new..

We must make a wise decision on getting a reliable car instead of just the outlook like MK 7. With the new rule kicks in, you will need to bear with all the headaches for the next 10 yrs unless your pocket is deep enough to change car within 1 or 2 yrs time.

My 2 cents. laugh.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Really? I own a Mk 7 golf and I have not heard a single case of failure in VAGS forum.

wait till a lot of them hit 30K km w/o DSG failure then maybe can consider...

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Lilblackrabbit
  • Lilblackrabbit
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I'm wondering why VW didn't bring in the manual version. Most of the British reviews of the mk7 were done with a manual car. mellow.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I'm wondering why VW didn't bring in the manual version. Most of the British reviews of the mk7 were done with a manual car. mellow.gif

ask urself: wat is the % of manual cars vs auto cars here? laugh.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

ATTB
  • Premium member
    ATTB
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Really? I own a Mk 7 golf and I have not heard a single case of failure in VAGS forum. You saw A FEW Mk 7 golf that has broken down care to share more details? huh.gif

For your reading pleasure.. laugh.gif

Attached File  image.jpg   166.07KB   451 downloads

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Surprisingly, I saw the VW Golf (in DSG) is quite popular in Japan.

Volvo and Jaguar is non existent there.

Managed to see one Renault Megane Cabrio too.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Dezouk
  • Dezouk
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

My colleague's golf 6 n polo gti from 2011 no problems at all. Driving well n more than 45k mileage ..so might not be all hv that probs. Newer batch would hv resolved issues likr mk7?

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Kelfinity
  • Premium member
    Kelfinity
    4th Gear
    Author Image

My colleague's golf 6 n polo gti from 2011 no problems at all. Driving well n more than 45k mileage ..so might not be all hv that probs. Newer batch would hv resolved issues likr mk7?

Question is... Why pay good money for some product that may fail u unexpectedly? I guess people will not learn until it hits them. Safety is of utmost importance to me. Thats why i ditched my VW for another make.

You should check out the experience VAGSG guys had with VCS. Denial, accusation, etc just to get their butts out of responsibilities. angry.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

ATTB
  • Premium member
    ATTB
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Question is... Why pay good money for some product that may fail u unexpectedly? I guess people will not learn until it hits them. Safety is of utmost importance to me. Thats why i ditched my VW for another make.

You should check out the experience VAGSG guys had with VCS. Denial, accusation, etc just to get their butts out of responsibilities. angry.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Royho1979
  • Royho1979
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For your reading pleasure.. laugh.gif

Isnt it rather imp to confirm whether that is a Mk7 and if that was indeed the DSG issue before jumping yo conclusion? huh.gif

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Ssbcc
  • Ssbcc
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Isnt it rather imp to confirm whether that is a Mk7 and if that was indeed the DSG issue before jumping yo conclusion? huh.gif

So any other bros got first hand experience of driving a Mk 7 other than having seen it being towed?

Back to Volkswagen Auto Club  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Feedback, about, Feedback, Golf and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users