Feedback about Golf Mk 7

Ssbcc

as a VW owner sadly... would advise u to choose another brand...

Thanks bro Kenny for your honesty. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Interior not much difference.

The MFD in MK 6 can read oil temperature which MK 5 does not have.

I personally prefer MK 6 (not because I own and drive one).

hahaha.. i am with you on this one.. I love the Mk6's design and interior the most.. compared to the Mk5 and Mk7.. :wub:

Supercharged

200km/hr? sure a not???

Should be. They just zoom past rather quick.... One of them like Bei zai, swagger a bit...

Anyway that stretch rather common for racers.... That night happen to be golf racers......

To be fair, Golf is a fun car to drive. Despite the problems, I will miss mine when it is gone.

Just too bad the 7 DSG has issues and in SG they are better at selling than servicing.

other than the gb, i think there is no reason not to like vw cars...small cc, got power, forced induction, looks wise acceptable..good interior..branding as a conti.

• Praise 1

other than the gb, i think there is no reason not to like vw cars...small cc, got power, forced induction, looks wise acceptable..good interior..branding as a conti.

Other than the GB, it is mainly the AD. Last time it took 2 months to get a servicing appointment. Now it has "improved" to 1 month. When my car kaputt last time, the less said about their service the better.

Mine is the sporks version and although not a sports car in any real sense, the "rush" feeling is really a rush. My relative was quite disparging of Golf initially so I passed him the keys. He changed his impression after that.

• Praise 1

The upcoming MK7 GTI looks good on paper as reviewed by Car UK mag. The review also spoke well of its drive and overall improvement over MK6. MK6 GTI was already a very good car so with a new chassis and power increase the MK7 looks set to be another winner.

Most importantly it will still be using 6DSG.

• Praise 1

The upcoming MK7 GTI looks good on paper as reviewed by Car UK mag. The review also spoke well of its drive and overall improvement over MK6. MK6 GTI was already a very good car so with a new chassis and power increase the MK7 looks set to be another winner.

Most importantly it will still be using 6DSG.

Alas, it is slower with less horse. Not sure if the sporks version is still twincharged.

Alas, it is slower with less horse. Not sure if the sporks version is still twincharged.

What are u comparing to? Gti to gti, they were always 2l turbos only, since the mk5.

If u r talking about the GT sport versions, mk7 ones are turbo only, 140 hp.

• Praise 2

Comparing GTIs only. The MK7 has 10 horses more but the significant increase is in torque. From 280Nm to 350Nm. The weight of the chassis had also decreased vs the old. So that should translate to a better 0-100 and better overall drivability.

Turbocharged

VW will not be making anymore twin charge liao.

• Praise 1

Actually I am talking about the Golf Sporks Mk6 vs Mk7. Mk6 has a 1.4l engine, surbocharged, 160 horse and can out run many a 2l out there. That's why I said earlier I will miss my car when it's gone.

Although I did consider upgrading to a GTI, I will probably not buy a VW again. The cars are fine but the aftersales is not very good.