THINKWARE / INAVI Users, Come In

Picnic06-Biante15

They will still need to tap to fuse box accessories fuse, because the camera need to know whether u off engine or still running in order to activate parking mode....

ya power magic is more troublesome, when it fails u also duno..... no matter where u tap the power is, it still need to go thru fuse box, even external power pack also need to draw power from there to charge as well....

no idea....forgotten already....

For itronics, they don't detect via fuse box, once there's no physical vibration for 5 mins or so, they will automatically enter into parking mode.

I did have a power magic fail on me, the way to diagnose easily and on your own is to power the camera via the cigarette charger port. If can power up, likely the power magic dead or fuse blown.

↡ Advertisement

For itronics, they don't detect via fuse box, once there's no physical vibration for 5 mins or so, they will automatically enter into parking mode.

I did have a power magic fail on me, the way to diagnose easily and on your own is to power the camera via the cigarette charger port. If can power up, likely the power magic dead or fuse blown.

wow....but itronics not popular anymore right? everywhere is thinkware blackvue iroads blacksys.....

wow....but itronics not popular anymore right? everywhere is thinkware blackvue iroads blacksys.....

Well, itronics is really value for money with 1080p/30fps/Wifi/GPS @ S$16x and proven reliability (my 2 units as well as my 5 colleagues - small sample size).

The only thing with them, there isn't any new models to replace their flagship for the past few years. Blackvue and Thinkware flagship models are in the S$4xx range.

ZMC i think it's the sole distributor for it. Yes, I did read somewhere that they do provide installation (at a fee).

Alternatively, you can buy from Qoo10, authorized reseller and they do provide installation (at a fee as well). After purchase from Qoo10, you have the option of picking it up at their shop (provided you select the option) whereby they will fix it up for you (at an additional fee as well).

Do take note, they "might" charge you extra if you have an existing installation which they need to remove prior to installing Thinkware camera.

My 750 was fitted through KIA probably at ZMC, I don't know.

But I have been back to ZMC twice now to show me how to update and get info from the website etc etc.

Both times I found their staff very helpful and willing to go the extra mile for a techie no nothing such as me and no payment asked for.

I would give their staff 10/10.

Just a note, updated my F800 pro FW with the latest version via mobile phone and all my settings will be gone (back to factory default).

Not sure whether doing it via SD card can avoid such occurrence.

Anyway, I realized that I cannot connect to my camera via hotspot mode once it entered into parking mode. I have to start my engine then the WiFi light will light up and connect to my phone.

Anybody got any workaround ? I want to avoid wasting petrol while reviewing the footage or performing camera settings.

Thanks

It is for security reason, otherwise passerby will be able to connect to the car cam and mess up/delete the recordings. For iroad cam, we can set password (f800 seems can't set password).

Edited by Melody288

It is for security reason, otherwise passerby will be able to connect to the car cam and mess up/delete the recordings. For iroad cam, we can set password (f800 seems can't set password).

Oh ok. Kind of true.

F800 pro can set password. As I did not set it, everytime I launch the app, it will keep on prompting me to change my WiFi password.

I tried changing the password for f800, but it will revert to the default one. Can any Bros let me know how to solve this. TY.

change using app under wifi settings

Just a note, updated my F800 pro FW with the latest version via mobile phone and all my settings will be gone (back to factory default).

Not sure whether doing it via SD card can avoid such occurrence.

Anyway, I realized that I cannot connect to my camera via hotspot mode once it entered into parking mode. I have to start my engine then the WiFi light will light up and connect to my phone.

Anybody got any workaround ? I want to avoid wasting petrol while reviewing the footage or performing camera settings.

Thanks

I updated my F800 Pro twice via phone and both times, settings remained intact. But there are reports by some they faced the same issue as you over at https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/f800.235/

The full cloud features are not yet available e.g. remote parking impact notification and live view so I believe in order not to confuse owners for now, the WiFi is switched off during parking mode until new firmware that supports these features are release. So I'm afraid there is no workaround for now. They sure are taking long to implement it.

Passerby cannot connect to the F800 Pro unless they physically get into the car to press the WiFi button unlike iRoad where they can see the SSID broadcast.

While it's true the factory firmware does not allow change of password, it is possible since the Nov firmware update.

If you are using iPhone, there was report that for WiFi and Hotspot password, despite already allowing you access, you will still need to go into the settings to key in the password again to save it.

I cannot remember if the settings is only accessible while connected to Hotspot mode. But if so, there was also report iPhone Hotspot even when turned on will not be accessible to non IOS devices unless you restart the Hotspot on your phone.

For android phone I'm using, so long my hotspot is on, the F800 Pro will auto connect to it while the engine is running. It seems it might be trickier for IOS. If having problem connecting via hotspot, you'll need to press the WiFi button twice as the first time is to turn on WiFi mode and the second time is to switch to Hotspot mode.

For now, even if you have in car hotspot wifi that the F800 pro can connect to, the cam is still not accessible from the app. I believe eventually it will be possible once the full cloud features are made available. Oh by the way, there was report the F800 Pro can only connect at 2.4Ghz so for dual band hotspot, 5Ghz needs to be disabled unless different SSID and password.

Hope this help those who is also having similar issues.

I updated my F800 Pro twice via phone and both times, settings remained intact. But there are reports by some they faced the same issue as you over at https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/f800.235/

The full cloud features are not yet available e.g. remote parking impact notification and live view so I believe in order not to confuse owners for now, the WiFi is switched off during parking mode until new firmware that supports these features are release. So I'm afraid there is no workaround for now. They sure are taking long to implement it.

Thanks for sharing.  After updated the FW, i realized that parking mode is not working (which is disable by default), that was how I knew the settings have been reset.

No wonder, I'm wondering how is the cloud feature suppose to work if it cannot connect to hot spot during parking mode. It's kind of strange that they announced and released something not working at the point of purchase.

And it also kind of waste petrol to start the engine to perform camera settings and/or to review footage. I have no such issue with itronics ITB-100SPW previously.

Passerby cannot connect to the F800 Pro unless they physically get into the car to press the WiFi button unlike iRoad where they can see the SSID broadcast.

While it's true the factory firmware does not allow change of password, it is possible since the Nov firmware update.

If you are using iPhone, there was report that for WiFi and Hotspot password, despite already allowing you access, you will still need to go into the settings to key in the password again to save it.

I cannot remember if the settings is only accessible while connected to Hotspot mode. But if so, there was also report iPhone Hotspot even when turned on will not be accessible to non IOS devices unless you restart the Hotspot on your phone.

For android phone I'm using, so long my hotspot is on, the F800 Pro will auto connect to it while the engine is running. It seems it might be trickier for IOS. If having problem connecting via hotspot, you'll need to press the WiFi button twice as the first time is to turn on WiFi mode and the second time is to switch to Hotspot mode.

For now, even if you have in car hotspot wifi that the F800 pro can connect to, the cam is still not accessible from the app. I believe eventually it will be possible once the full cloud features are made available. Oh by the way, there was report the F800 Pro can only connect at 2.4Ghz so for dual band hotspot, 5Ghz needs to be disabled unless different SSID and password.

Hope this help those who is also having similar issues.

Yes, I can only connect to the hotspot while the engine is running.

And it seems that the camera is not going to connect to any hotspot that's available in the car.  For example, if I were to bring a 4G mobile router (e.g. Huawei type), it will not connect. It will only connect to the hotspot with the "Thinkware cloud" app installed and activate the connection from there.

Seems like it's not so user friendly afterall.

Hi, just installed F800 pro, but only with 16GB SD card, what SD card are compatible for Thinkware cam ? what card are you using now ? Thanks for all advice.

Hi, just installed F800 pro, but only with 16GB SD card, what SD card are compatible for Thinkware cam ? what card are you using now ? Thanks for all advice.

I'm using Sandisk Ultra 128GB and so far so good. For FullHD video, make sure your SD card do have a "U1" logo on it. Basically a "1" embed within a "U".

Hope it helps.

I'm using Sandisk Ultra 128GB and so far so good. For FullHD video, make sure your SD card do have a "U1" logo on it. Basically a "1" embed within a "U".

Hope it helps.

I tried a Sandisk High Endurance video monitoring 64 GB card on a F770 and got a memory card error announcement. Anyone knows what other 64gb card specifically designed for video recording can be used for the F770? Thanks

Yes, I can only connect to the hotspot while the engine is running.

And it seems that the camera is not going to connect to any hotspot that's available in the car.  For example, if I were to bring a 4G mobile router (e.g. Huawei type), it will not connect. It will only connect to the hotspot with the "Thinkware cloud" app installed and activate the connection from there.

Seems like it's not so user friendly afterall.

I've not tried connecting to portable mobile router yet as I no longer have one since the days telcos discontinued the cheap unlimited data plan. However, I did tried connecting the cam (need to manually add SSID and password) to my home router from the car park which is hit and miss due to weak signals. When it could connect, I was prompted wrong password so I guess it could be cos I'm on dual band. Someone else on https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/f800.235/ did confirmed he needed to disable 5Ghz on his mobile router to get the cam connected. However, he also confirmed the app does not yet support connecting to the cam when it it connected to other than the phone's hotspot so it's useless to try any further for now.

Hope it helps.

Thank you Bro BengGaBoy, will get one ASAP as the 16GB overwrite very fast.

↡ Advertisement