Yahoo!News: Army amputee completes air assault school

Vulcann

Amazing when you consider that many fit, able-bodied young gung ho kids do fail such courses in doves.

Guess it is not only the punishing physical part but the more important mental determination that sees this 34-yo vet passing it.

Incredible... :o

From Yahoo!News:

http://news.yahoo.com/army-amputee-complet...-225232180.html

Army amputee completes air assault school

By KRISTIN M. HALL | Associated Press

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Good if the technology behind his prosthetic leg can be put out to use as well in the civilian world to benefit millions out there with such disabilities.

Edited by Vulcann

Turbocharged

you won't see that happening in Singapore

Here people are praising the feat of a man with a strong determination to excel. A highly positive thread.

Then all it take is someone to bring the mood down with a cynically negative oneliner with no purpose to the thread... <_<

Edited by Pocus

Here people are praising the feat of a man with a strong determination to excel. A highly positive thread.

Then all it take is someone to bring the mood down with a cynically negative oneliner with no purpose to the thread... <_<

I admire him and US for accepting him and not discrminating him..but just saying do you see that in Singapore....Even we get discrimated for age....

Thanks bro.

I guess we all know what had happened to the navy serviceman who had a terrible accident not too long ago.

Just hoping that with our advances in medical science something can be done for him and others who have one disability or another.

(edited)

i remember seeing this badge long long ago during ns on some encik at saf day.

is this course only for commandos or guards?

You mean this one?

250px-AirAssault.gif

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Assault_Badge )

Well I am no guardsman nor trained in heli-rappel (only qualified for cliff or tower rappel), I think our guards training is similar to their air assault course which primarily deals with troops riding helicopters into war either by direct insertion or rappeling from them.

Edited by Vulcann

(edited)

Actually many of our servicemen have taken numerous military or civilian courses all over the world since NS was enacted way back.

Not surprising to spot them wearing these qualification badges above their right breast pockets of their no. 4s or no. 3s.

As to this air assault badge, I first saw it back in the eighties on the uniform of our coy CSM in section leaders course.

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement