Driving to JayBee

Icebrush79

Hi guys,

Sorry, did a search but nothing came up...

Will be driving to JB to do some shopping and makaning. Will be with my gf instead of a convoy and its the first time i'm not following a convoy.

Sounds a little silly but would need some advise.

The last time I drove in, was driving a SUV, entering from the 2nd link. Will be going from woodlands this time and im concerned cuz I noticed the humps are damn high and ridiculous at customs and the booth pathway is damn narrow (reminds me of the L circuits at driving schools, maybe worse)

Are these road hazards worse at woodlands?

Any other sound advise?

Thanks, much appreciated

↡ Advertisement

hello

just drive slowly will do, it is narrow but passable.... this apply to both singapore and malaysia checkpoint...

drive slowly and relax :) you will enjoy shopping and makan in JB

give u chance, as yes there is no real topic on this...thanks. Good for us to know

Thks for searching bro....appreciate it

Hi guys,

Will be driving to JB to do some shopping and makaning. Will be with my gf instead of a convoy and its the first time i'm not following a convoy.

The last time I drove in, was driving a SUV, entering from the 2nd link. Will be going from woodlands this time and im concerned cuz I noticed the humps are damn high and ridiculous at customs and the booth pathway is damn narrow (reminds me of the L circuits at driving schools, maybe worse)

Any other sound advise?

Thanks, much appreciated

Not silly, but it's something i never yearn to do. :mellow:

give u chance, as yes there is no real topic on this...thanks. Good for us to know

Thks for searching bro....appreciate it

Haha bro, I thought sure got one. So I checked and double check. Mustn't luan luan lai ma..

Thought it would be a useful thread -> I admit, i'm a worry wart, don't really wanna drive into JB due to "bad publicity" but I realised it could be fun, just that I have a mental phobia which im trying to dispel. [laugh]

hello

just drive slowly will do, it is narrow but passable.... this apply to both singapore and malaysia checkpoint...

drive slowly and relax :) you will enjoy shopping and makan in JB

Any "taboo" stuff to avoid? sorry arr, I very suaku at bolehland.. [:(]

Not silly, but it's something i never yearn to do. :mellow:

Why leh brudder? due to bad publicity? You type of ride screams rich man ma.... My one sld be valueless there... haha ... :o

i feel Sg customs is more narrow than JB customs.. but similar concept...

potholes sure got a few....

touch n go card is invalid if unused for 1 year. For woodlands, you can buy, change or top up card at counter 10.

what else you need to know?

Any "taboo" stuff to avoid? sorry arr, I very suaku at bolehland.. [:(]

lock your doors at all times regardless how short it is. avoid showing off and sounding like a bird... cheep.. cheep...

i feel Sg customs is more narrow than JB customs.. but similar concept...

potholes sure got a few....

touch n go card is invalid if unused for 1 year. For woodlands, you can buy, change or top up card at counter 10.

what else you need to know?

Ya sg customs really very narrow man... just go slow, able to clear right? touch and go I have liao...

Parking there, once lock doors and abit of logic (eg park at crowded places) - safe??

Ya sg customs really very narrow man... just go slow, able to clear right? touch and go I have liao...

Parking there, once lock doors and abit of logic (eg park at crowded places) - safe??

it is turning into the counter that pose the most problem... if you drive your type R should be ok... if SUV then be abit careful...

if you talking about JB town, no where is really safe.... depending where you be going..

Sentosa - Car must be in my line of sight

City square - basement carpark no choice

KSL - car wash or basement carpark

Holiday Inn - park at mutiara hotel next to it

For all outdoor places, i try to keep within line of sight....

it is turning into the counter that pose the most problem... if you drive your type R should be ok... if SUV then be abit careful...

if you talking about JB town, no where is really safe.... depending where you be going..

Sentosa - Car must be in my line of sight

City square - basement carpark no choice

KSL - car wash or basement carpark

Holiday Inn - park at mutiara hotel next to it

For all outdoor places, i try to keep within line of sight....

Thanks bro, useful tips you have here !! appreciate it.

You think my type R can clear the narrow "L" shape bends and high humps??

Thanks bro, useful tips you have here !! appreciate it.

You think my type R can clear the narrow "L" shape bends and high humps??

L shape bends no problem... but humps I think maybe not if you lowered substantially.

my previous euro r no issues with stock suspension

Hi guys,

Any other sound advise?

Thanks, much appreciated

Dun be adventurous....just head to KSL City for your makan and shopping. Can spend a day there easily. Plenty of beauty stuff like nail salons etc to make your GF happy...

After customs, keep right all the way...once you exit and see the overhead vehicle bridge, take the 2nd left turn. You should be able to see Shell station. (if you see the customs building after you turn left, that means you taken a wrong turn liao). Keep to the left...and take the left lane (dun go up the bridge). At this point on your left should be a roll of money changer...at the traffic lights, take a right turn. Then just follow the main road till you come to the Pelangi Mall junction. Take a left turn at the junction (there should be a Standard Charter Bank on your left)...drive up keep to the left lane...you will see Grand Paragon...take a right turn drive straight and you will see KSL City.

Hope this helps you to go KSL City.

Next time when you are more familiar with JB...then go other places to roam.

L shape bends no problem... but humps I think maybe not if you lowered substantially.

my previous euro r no issues with stock suspension

mine lowered.. aiyah. nvm la, just drive abit slower lor.. bo pian.. [laugh]

Dun be adventurous....just head to KSL City for your makan and shopping. Can spend a day there easily. Plenty of beauty stuff like nail salons etc to make your GF happy...

After customs, keep right all the way...once you exit and see the overhead vehicle bridge, take the 2nd left turn. You should be able to see Shell station. (if you see the customs building after you turn left, that means you taken a wrong turn liao). Keep to the left...and take the left lane (dun go up the bridge). At this point on your left should be a roll of money changer...at the traffic lights, take a right turn. Then just follow the main road till you come to the Pelangi Mall junction. Take a left turn at the junction (there should be a Standard Charter Bank on your left)...drive up keep to the left lane...you will see Grand Paragon...take a right turn drive straight and you will see KSL City.

Hope this helps you to go KSL City.

Next time when you are more familiar with JB...then go other places to roam.

Thanks for this bro, appreciate. Are the road signs helpful? Cuz my previous times, i always just follow... in a convoy ma..

mine lowered.. aiyah. nvm la, just drive abit slower lor.. bo pian.. [laugh]

Lowered? Then have to go really slow on the humps.. Drivers behind you might be impatient and honk at you in the process.. :D

Personally i think Spore side have more "killer" humps compared to MY side..

You should also know that our Honda cars are "wanted" in JB so take all necessary care.. Recently got 1 FD2R kena stolen, read on the CTR forums..

↡ Advertisement