Between Hyundai Elantra and Toyota Altis.....

Dechachng

(edited)

actually i'm considering between the 3 cars below and most likely going for the Peugeot. I've seen quite a lot of reviews on the Altis and I30 but can't find any one the 308. Can any bros who have driven the Peugeot 308 before give some feedback? How is the after sales service etc

1) Toyota Altis 1.6 - feels reliable, but still 4sp gearbox and no fancy in-car stuff

2) Hyundai i30 - honestly the drive feels the same as the altis but not sure how it will be 5 years down. Has sunroof and other fancy gadgets in-car

3) Peugeot 308 - zippy and fun car. a bit bumpy compared to the altis and i30 but not as sluggish. i read that the pedals are off-centre but i don't really feel it. biggest concern is whether this is reliable and whether the maintenance is hassle free or not.

Will appreaciate if people can give more feedback on the Peugeot 308 (or other peugeot)!

Thanks guys!

Take ur ass on it and drive around , i am not sure about i30's reliability as it isn't more than 6 years old. Altis is just a plain old boring car which can probably last you for 10 years with a decent FC.

As for peugeot , maintenance is pretty steep after warranty , especially when electronic parts start to spoil , high maintenance . Well conti's have a higher maintenance anyway. Your choice.

Just don't tell the whole world your car the best in the world when there is only 3 choices .

Edited by CH_CO
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

haha i also want to drive the best car in the world but i got budget constraints mah

i test drove all 3 cars already and so far the peugeot feels the best.

but i have a feeling i'm missing something cause there are so few peugeots around, must be a reason right?

how expensive will the maintenance be?

How many ppl actually drive a same car for full 10 yr? It is only the crazy COE that force ppl to keep their ride longer, otherwise most would have change long ago. In my opinion, i believe most car are made to last 10 yr or beyond 250K mileage at least. Be it korean, Thai, or Jap, all can last if well maintain.

Between Elantra and Altis, i have not tested both but i like the outlook of Elantra more.

(edited)

haha i also want to drive the best car in the world but i got budget constraints mah

i test drove all 3 cars already and so far the peugeot feels the best.

but i have a feeling i'm missing something cause there are so few peugeots around, must be a reason right?

how expensive will the maintenance be?

Easily 500 plus for any electronic component and an change in aircon is probably in thousands? You might have to google and look for them yourself. I am not so sure about Peugeot though i have friends driving them and they are complaining about the high maintenance and lower reliabilities , though you get a turbo engine and a conti interior but end of day choose one which you can afford .

Edited by CH_CO

Turbocharged

After reading your post, I still don't know what is your problem and why keep bashing around? Someone offended you somewhere?... [laugh]

Supercharged

Well are u telling me Hyundai only ships elantras and nothing else? Again , i have already pointed out why people only compare this two makes in my previous post. Seriously , some people here especially the MIK supporters die die wanna claim they can afford , them show me lor , buy a bmw 7 series and still drive your MIK everyday and keep your 7 series at home.

By the way the equus is the luxury model for MIK , the importers don't even wanna bring them in. Think for yourself the reason.

Preciously my point, equus is luxury model for MIK but not the same league as Lexus, BMWs and Mercs. Honda has their own luxury brand too, Acura but importers are not bringing them in so? Only recently Nissan introduced their luxury brand in Singapore, Infiniti but would anyone consider it?

The most established luxury brands in Singapore are BMWs, Mercs and Lexus. It would take time for the rest to be known.

Anyway, for me it is still the purpose of the vehicle.

Supersonic

You're counting the SK registered cars? I took a walk in my office carpark, and the change is quite strinking, all the SJ series cars are mostly Jap brands. On the way home, most of the SK series cars i saw on he road are either BMW, Merc or VW [laugh]

Refering to SK series, my house carpark quite a few SK series brand new altis but Sk series elantra only got two. Others korean model like avante, i used to see quite a lot SJ series like about 7-8, but now seems like all mostly disappeared and left like 2-3 only?!

After reading your post, I still don't know what is your problem and why keep bashing around? Someone offended you somewhere?... [laugh]

Haha , well i don't see a problem bashing the trolls creating such threads , this forum is pretty helpful when all they need to do is to search , there are already plenty of similar threads of similar nature.

Refering to SK series, my house carpark quite a few SK series brand new altis but Sk series elantra only got two. Others korean model like avante, i used to see quite a lot SJ series like about 7-8, but now seems like all mostly disappeared and left like 2-3 only?!

Maybe they all decide to take profit when COE was 90K peak. Avante was selling 40K plus during bottom, at 90K COE, many can sell higher than their bought price. Of cos take profit lah. :D

(edited)

Preciously my point, equus is luxury model for MIK but not the same league as Lexus, BMWs and Mercs. Honda has their own luxury brand too, Acura but importers are not bringing them in so? Only recently Nissan introduced their luxury brand in Singapore, Infiniti but would anyone consider it?

The most established luxury brands in Singapore are BMWs, Mercs and Lexus. It would take time for the rest to be known.

Anyway, for me it is still the purpose of the vehicle.

Actually Acura offers almost similar things and the makes they bring in are about the same as honda. You should goggle to check , the higher end stuff are almost similar. As for infiniti , i have a friend/colleague which is driving one. Good car though high expenses. That said i am still waiting for NSX.

Lexus is from toyota remember?

Edited by CH_CO

Supersonic

Maybe they all decide to take profit when COE was 90K peak. Avante was selling 40K plus during bottom, at 90K COE, many can sell higher than their bought price. Of cos take profit lah. :D

Maybe you right, i think there is one avante owner sold off his barely 2 year old car and changed to a jetta. :D

Obvious reasons why you guys only picking on altis when there are so many 1.6L cars around , if it isn't income or price , why isn't jetta , sirocco , audi A3 or even a bmw 1 series compared? All are below 1.6 litre cars what? Isn't it obvious?

Are we talking cars here or income?

Are we talking Altis and Elantra or something else?

(edited)

Are we talking cars here or income?

Are we talking Altis and Elantra or something else?

obvious answer right? You asked me something else and choose to paraphase me and now ask me this stupid question again , so what answer you expect ?

Edited by CH_CO

Turbocharged

Agree with ch Co, Toyota is the number one car maker and the corolla sells phenomenon numbersin history, is testimony to how good it is.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Many people who says Korea cars are as good as japanese cars, they never even sit in one of those new models, but by looking at the nice curvy shape, they say it is fantastic. These are mostly young people who thinks cars look nice means good. Lol. Serious. Lol.

Edited by Ingenius

Many people who says Korea cars are as good as japanese cars, they never even sit in one of those new models, but by looking at the nice curvy shape, they say it is fantastic. These are mostly young people who thinks cars look nice means good. Lol. Serious. Lol.

I agree. My current Elantra is really nothing special to drive, despite looking out of the ordinary with the curvy lines and all.

Bad points; All my grandaunt's have their heads banged against the roof of the car when getting into the car, and they're not tall at all (1.5-1.6m).

Fuel consumption at 11.5km/L ain't as good as 13-14km/L from Altis.

Road noise also isn't that suppressed as well, even though it's using Hankook Energy Pro tires (stock from factory).

Go above 120kph, and car feels like it's gonna lift off. My scooter is more stable lor at 140kph.

Can't wait for the new Vios/ Altis to be launched here! I believe the Kia K3 will offer a better package than the Elantra too, in terms of features and the handling department.

Turbocharged

Yeah, no harm sharing what we see around us - since pretty hard to know how many Elantras have been sold in SG by year/by month.Gut feel is that Elantras have not been selling well since the COE started climbing in 2012.

obvious answer right? You asked me something else and choose to paraphase me and now ask me this stupid question again , so what answer you expect ?

It did not appear obvious to you.

↡ Advertisement