To recycle or not to recycle

Yeobh

(edited)

Back in the year 1960s you can still witness such activities in many part of Singapore, they are more creative than just making saddles.

post-272-1367460187_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

I did once try cut a piece of rubber from the tyre to glue on my running shoes which was in general still good, except for the sole which was worn off. However, I gave up, coz I couldn't find anything sharp enough to cut the tyre. Didn't know they were so tough, even my wire cutter can't cut thru.

• Praise 2

That's right, it's not easy to cut rubber tyres let alone those with steel wires reinforcement.To shear them into small pieces for recycling and reuse need alot of energy therefore many in this business many investors find the tyre recycle business not lucrative. So many are junk into the landfills and seabeds.

Hypersonic

old tyre got many use

can do swing:

funny-creative-tyre-swing.jpg

can do boat:

15108904-dock-tire-bumpers.jpg

and if big brother sending helikopter and planes to bomb you, it is also very useful [:p]

TireFire1.jpg

pilot will say to boss: cant see no shiit boss!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

No pte tree to hang it. Wait NEA, town council, police come after me for hanging it haha.

It's tough to recycle tires. I saw on TV tire makers are moving to improving the material for better recycling purpose. Eg Recycling by breaking down into material to build playgrounds and running track. It's becoz of the sulphur content used in tires iirc that make recycling tires difficult. The sulphur content cannot be extracted from the tire to re-use the rubber.

NEA is still using the check and attack ( visiting pigeons homes and toilets) method used many donkeys years ago.With so many scholars in hands they should come with better other check and attack methods. Lately we are even warn that if necessary the inspectorate will use more forces to get into yr nest .I hope they are just joking :D

(edited)

The Arab spring uprising , I believe has help to clear tons and tons of used tyre in thier fight for democracy.Looks like they are indirectly helping to promote the use of tyres casings.

Edited by Yeobh

NEA is still using the check and attack ( visiting pigeons homes and toilets) method used many donkeys years ago.With so many scholars in hands they should come with better other check and attack methods. Lately we are even warn that if necessary the inspectorate will use more forces to get into yr nest .I hope they are just joking :D

I read, it's 3 visits and you're not in, they will get locksmith to open your house. So, those going for long nice holiday also cannot go in peace now. [bigcry]

How are we doing?

99 per cent of Sweden's waste is now reused

http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/99-per-cent-of-sweden-s-waste-is-now-reused-114090700343_1.html

Around 99 per cent Of Sweden's garbage is now recycled and the country is so efficient at managing waste they are importing it from other European countries.

The Scandinavian country has 32 waste-to-energy (WTE) plants, where garbage is incinerated to produce steam, which in turn is used to run generator turbines and produce electricity.

Swedes generally waste as much as people in other countries - around 461 kilogrammes per person each year - but only one per cent of that is ending up in landfill, thanks to the country's innovative recycling programme, the 'Huffington Post' reported.

The country imports garbage from the UK, Italy, Norway and Ireland to feed its waste plants, a practice that has been in place for years.

Before garbage can be trucked away to incinerator plants, trash is filtered by home and business owners; organic waste is separated, paper picked from recycling bins, and any objects that can be salvaged and reused pulled aside

In Singapore, everything involves making money, until the time they cannot milk any more money from waste, we will still be where we are in terms of recycling our waste.

Why, I say this, experience, almost overnight, no more chewing gum, 6.9million population without even first plan for infra-structure to cope (currently already some infra-structures are over stretched, Satellite ERP (really do we really need this, then what are we going to do with all the gantry (few hundred thousand dollars to a million).

It is vey scary, to blame we lack creativity, when the authorities are taking over almost everything that is profitable, from NTUC, Insurance, kindergarten, pharmacy, transport (taxi and buses), old age home (now that there is a critical mass - they move in) and etc. We sooner or later, almost everything will be state or semi-state own or run. It looks more like a modern communist place.

If the authorities want to do, it will be done. Amen.

• Praise 2

“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

No need to satisfy everyone's greed lah.

Just one or two including me can already.

:D

• Praise 1

How are we doing?

99 per cent of Sweden's waste is now reused

http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/99-per-cent-of-sweden-s-waste-is-now-reused-114090700343_1.html

Around 99 per cent Of Sweden's garbage is now recycled and the country is so efficient at managing waste they are importing it from other European countries.

The Scandinavian country has 32 waste-to-energy (WTE) plants, where garbage is incinerated to produce steam, which in turn is used to run generator turbines and produce electricity.

Swedes generally waste as much as people in other countries - around 461 kilogrammes per person each year - but only one per cent of that is ending up in landfill, thanks to the country's innovative recycling programme, the 'Huffington Post' reported.

The country imports garbage from the UK, Italy, Norway and Ireland to feed its waste plants, a practice that has been in place for years.

Before garbage can be trucked away to incinerator plants, trash is filtered by home and business owners; organic waste is separated, paper picked from recycling bins, and any objects that can be salvaged and reused pulled aside

if we burnt waste to produce energy, who can we trade the energy with for cash?

To sell energy to the public/commerical is not possible as we all know who control this.

Then what good can we do with re-cycling?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1