Authorised Dealers no longer offering manual options??

Zxcvb

The Subaru BRZ is by default manual trans. Other than that most cars are by default auto.

My take on this is take the Auto, because someday you are likely to change car and have to trade in you. If you car is manual you are unlikely to get a very good price for it.

Sell your own. There's a market for it. I saw old Ford Focus 1.6M flying off the shelves whenever it's put up for sale, typically less than a week, it's gone.

↡ Advertisement

Sell your own. There's a market for it. I saw old Ford Focus 1.6M flying off the shelves whenever it's put up for sale, typically less than a week, it's gone.

Agree... sometimes stick shift is more desirable. Esp. for performance cars.

Few points ba.

1. Our market too small. Even some want MT but still too little for them to consider an option

2. Jams make yr left leg very Siong n tiring.

3. Gf or wife need use car. Some they take 3A lic. So Tgt use no choice.

Lastly my dad used to drive MT many years. Once change auto. Never want go bk MT again. Lazy.

• Praise 1

I think easily 50% say they liked MT but go AT is because they lack the confidence controlling a MT

For eg. moving off from slope, car stall, engage wrong gear..

It is tiring to drive even with auto gear and auto-brake [:p]

u got no autohold meh??? pampered [:p] [:p]

I think easily 50% say they liked MT but go AT is because they lack the confidence controlling a MT

For eg. moving off from slope, car stall, engage wrong gear..

Not that difficult lah. How does one pass Class 3 then?

Manual cars are difficult to resell too.

VW brought in a Scirocco R manual before, but cannot sell.

People talk only. When come to actual buying nobody take action. [knife]

Not that difficult lah. How does one pass Class 3 then?

Many can pass class 3 but how many got the luxury of owning a car immediately after they passed out?

Many ladies also got class 3, but do they have the confidence to control a MT?

I think the scenario is very diff when u are learning in SSDC or BBDC

On your left there's always an instructor to standby for u

Confidence lost when being alone

Wow!! I just checked a few websites (honda, toyota, kia) on their models, almost none are offering manual transmission?!? I understand that most people will go for the auto, but definitely there'll be some go for manual one. I mean how difficult it is to have an option for manual? Just blardy import the car in as like an auto?? Are there more paperwork?? Mechanic dunno how to service a manual ride?? The factory no longer producing manual transmission?? It's not like they stock up manual vehicles in their showroom and not able to sell (they order then ship in usually). So why they don't even offer it anymore still buffles me.

If BMW, Audi, VW, Merc were to offer manual transmission, i'm pretty sure there will be orders for them too. Anyone wanna shed some light??

porky import a manual BMW 3 before can check with him

• Praise 1

Indeed, the only time I have driven manual in the last 10 years or so, is when I travel to Europe. [laugh]

Hahahah.. what car was it?

porky import a manual BMW 3 before can check with him

That was Eons ago right? Back when people trusted bankers? [laugh]

And for a regular car buyer i doube anyone would be that committed to import their own vehicle.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

u got no autohold meh??? pampered [:p][:p]

Auto hold also not helping much leh. Better to get one of those systems from BMW site sponsers, where you can set the gap between you and the car in front and that module will take care of braking and acceleration. How about that? I need to think of something similar for steering too.

My little mind does not accept "taxi" comes with all those and at much cheaper rate [:p]

Turbocharged

Even brand new small capacity cars like Perodua Kenari 1.0 and Proton Saga 1.3 also don't offer manual option anymore

Quite many times, everytime different car ... let's see .. VW Tiguan TDi, Nissan Qashqai, Fiat something (piece of sh*t), .. etc.

Wow.. nice choices.

↡ Advertisement