Valet staff take $1m Ferrari for joyride at Sentosa

Altivo

ST_20130503_VJACAR_3640427e.jpg

Preston with his Ferrari 458. He left the key with valets at RWS while having supper there and returned to find the car missing. -- ST PHOTO: MARK CHEONG

In the early hours of last Tuesday, two valets at Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) were entrusted with the key to a Ferrari 458.

Instead of safeguarding it, they used it to take the $1 million sports car for a joyride across Sentosa that lasted over an hour.

Their alleged misdeed was exposed when the owner, a 61-year-old retiree, checked the footage on his in-car camera.

Outraged by the incident, he has since filed a police report and issued a letter of demand to RWS through lawyer Chia Boon Teck.

↡ Advertisement

i thot someone here say valet is honest and good one?

anyone with mustache your fadder ah <_< <_<

(edited)

Valet can be trusted....pig also can fly....I saw with my own eyes the valet at a mall near jalan kayu... reversed a merc into a. Lancer in the car park and with such a loud bang.....many car owners saw it but the valet just laugh it off among themselves saying only a kiss and no damage to the cars.....good lucky to the two car owners if they never discover it upon collection....I swear to myself I will never use valet park in anyway there....!

Edited by LoverofCar

That is one of the least trusted profession I would say just that aussie list don't have

Read the full article on ST, the owner says that the insurance don't cover valet drivers, hence he will park it himself. But why give the keys to the valet?

Also, 2am supper at RWS? Balling. Haha

(edited)

Valet can be trusted....pig also can fly....I saw with my own eyes the valet at a mall near jalan kayu... reversed a merc into a. Lancer in the car park and with such a loud bang.....many car owners saw it but the valet just laugh it off among themselves saying only a kiss and no damage to the cars.....good lucky to the two car owners if they never discover it upon collection....I swear to myself I will never use valet park in anyway there....!

Greenwich Village right? This neighbour mall is so small that its just not worth going there.

Edited by Toothiewabbit

Twincharged
(edited)

Read the full article on ST, the owner says that the insurance don't cover valet drivers, hence he will park it himself. But why give the keys to the valet?

Maybe he too pai seh say he go gamble so say go supper. Than he maybe forget to take something in car and want go back take but end up wait very long.

Edited by Yewheng

Greenwich Village right? This neighbour mall is so small that its just not worth going there.

I actually really like the laid-back feel of that place.

Turbocharged

show off la .. what else. he wants to park it in front of the whole crowd .. then can just call the valet to bring him the keys. normally most places allow supercars to park in front - owner park themselves but must leave keys with valet in case emergency or need to move the vehicle ...

Turbocharged

farlala if park in normal lots very lose face mah [laugh] [laugh]

show off la .. what else. he wants to park it in front of the whole crowd .. then can just call the valet to bring him the keys. normally most places allow supercars to park in front - owner park themselves but must leave keys with valet in case emergency or need to move the vehicle ...

I'm a mountain tortoise here, but is there really a crowd in RWS at 2am?

For a 1million dollar car i think i'd rather park it myself. even if it takes an hour. Hahahahah