RAV4 vs Forester vs CX 5 vs CR-V

Bismarck

The FC stated is definitely one of the best among the 4. Did you test drive the car before? How was it?

Tested none lol. My choice is based on visuals and reviews. Another reason is I still don't really like CVTs. Regular stepped gears for me please.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

I have only tested the new forestor. It's good. I didn't look at crv bec it only has 2 airbag for the 2.0 plus it cost more than the forester or Cx5 just bec it's a Honda.. New Rav4, I don't quite like the design + it cost 40k more than the forestor although its omv is 10k more. cX5 is one that I am thinking hard and will be interested to test drive.

CX5 wins in terms of omv value vs selling price, has better FC on paper

forestor win in terms of power at 240ps, 350nM of torque, electric tailgate, 7 airbags, permanenet AWD, bigger sun roof and also free 3 year of servicing or first 60k free service. Downside is high insurance for me is at 2.8k, and 1.8k for my wife.

It's individual choice but I'm putting my $$ with forestor in june

Edited by Chucky2007

Forester is AWD and the rest only 2WD right? If so, that comparison is not equal liao.

If TS is buying it to travel in Malaysia, then suggest get the Forester. If local use, my pick would be the CRV.

RAV4 is 4WD

(edited)

wonder when the long overdue facelifted Grand Vitara will be here.....

no Nissan products? hehe

Edited by Cluboxed

2nd Gear

2014 forester. Makes the rest look miserable in specs department and wuss on the NSHW.

Turbocharged

wonder when the long overdue facelifted Grand Vitara will be here.....

no Nissan products? hehe

I tried the Nissan Qashai... Interior is done nicely, more comfy seat than the forestor, nice moon roof. its a 4WD... but the 2 litre engine is Super cannot make it.... It's more hopeless than my current 1.5litre engine. My friend who sat inside the car during test drive told me not to get it, he can hear the engine running out of breath.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I am driving the old forester SG9, hope they improve on the fuel efficiency before i go on to it.

its a drinker...

If time can be rewind... Would u go for a whimsy Rav4 that gives better FC?

Anyway what's your FC of SG9? 1ltre for 6km?

Edited by Chucky2007

2nd Gear
(edited)

I am driving the old forester SG9, hope they improve on the fuel efficiency before i go on to it.

its a drinker...

V likely they have. With downsized engine and new CVT. i am looking at this model too. Ll see how the test drive goes.

Edited by Zaxx

If time can be rewind... Would u go for a whimsy Rav4 that gives better FC?

Anyway what's your FC of SG9? 1ltre for 6km?

You drives a rav4?

Turbocharged

Tested none lol. My choice is based on visuals and reviews. Another reason is I still don't really like CVTs. Regular stepped gears for me please.

I have driven and owned cvt car before and if you are into spirited fun driving then cvt cars are not your cup of tea. As for the issue with the reliability of cvt gearbox, I never encounter any problem so no comment :D

↡ Advertisement