RAV4 vs Forester vs CX 5 vs CR-V

Bismarck

Turbocharged

i don get it, why ppl need a SUV in singapore?

Yah. Why people buy car in singapore I also dont understand. I think should be a matter of preference?

↡ Advertisement

Hahahaha Chucky, i am getting about 6.5 - 7kim / L.

But never regret it though, i dun drive fast but the power delivery is good running on stock turbo for daily street driving is good enough.

No offences to Rav4 drivers but dun really like the RAV4, likes the looks of the Grand Vitara but paper specs not really that good and value for money.

any Bros tried the new forester 2.0Xt , kindly give some comments about FC and other specs. may consider it

Turbocharged

Just curious, you guys r indicating your pref based on actual test drives? Or on looks or on features, or brands?

I have not test drive any current and new models yet. Will do that when I really decide to buy.

Turbocharged

I have only tested the new forestor. It's good. I didn't look at crv bec it only has 2 airbag for the 2.0 plus it cost more than the forester or Cx5 just bec it's a Honda.. New Rav4, I don't quite like the design + it cost 40k more than the forestor although its omv is 10k more. cX5 is one that I am thinking hard and will be interested to test drive.

CX5 wins in terms of omv value vs selling price, has better FC on paper

forestor win in terms of power at 240ps, 350nM of torque, electric tailgate, 7 airbags, permanenet AWD, bigger sun roof and also free 3 year of servicing or first 60k free service. Downside is high insurance for me is at 2.8k, and 1.8k for my wife.

It's individual choice but I'm putting my $$ with forestor in june

Turbo plays a part in high insurance. I remembered when I test drive the previous model I did not activate the button. How powerful can it get for the new model?

Turbocharged

wonder when the long overdue facelifted Grand Vitara will be here.....

no Nissan products? hehe

I didn't include Nissan because their model is not new enough. You can talk about them if you want to.

Insurance not really that expensive for forester . i am paying $1166 comprehensive for 55% NCD with protection.

Dun think that they classify it together with the Rexs and Sti.

Owned a X-Trail before last time also super drinker but in terms of power delivery turbo still have a better advantage for mods.

Turbocharged

I tried the Nissan Qashai... Interior is done nicely, more comfy seat than the forestor, nice moon roof. its a 4WD... but the 2 litre engine is Super cannot make it.... It's more hopeless than my current 1.5litre engine. My friend who sat inside the car during test drive told me not to get it, he can hear the engine running out of breath.

Some Nissan car seats are very comfy. I owned one before so i know. But what I like about Forester is it actually looks like a real SUV at a decent and not too expensive price.

Turbocharged

Come on, get the Nissan Murano, prices wise, quite the same, but that car is luxurious.

Though I like Nissan cars, I think Murano is "too pretty".

Turbocharged

<_<

How about Nissan qashqai?

I did take a look in 2009 when I was looking at SUVs. In the end I pick up another sedan. Now the itch is back again plus wife's desire to drive and own one so I am considering it again. I think it's important to at least know how to pronounce the model name. If not its difficult to even consider it. Needless to say I don't know how to pronounce it without others telling me how to [laugh]

Actually i feel that the SG9 interior a little cheap. looks very plastic but hope they improve on the new forester.

but again not everyone can get use to the boxer engine .

Turbocharged

Hahahaha Chucky, i am getting about 6.5 - 7kim / L.

But never regret it though, i dun drive fast but the power delivery is good running on stock turbo for daily street driving is good enough.

No offences to Rav4 drivers but dun really like the RAV4, likes the looks of the Grand Vitara but paper specs not really that good and value for money.

any Bros tried the new forester 2.0Xt , kindly give some comments about FC and other specs. may consider it

On paper it doesn't look good. But Definitely better than old model. We need someone to own one first and tell us the actual FC.

Turbocharged

Insurance not really that expensive for forester . i am paying $1166 comprehensive for 55% NCD with protection.

Dun think that they classify it together with the Rexs and Sti.

Owned a X-Trail before last time also super drinker but in terms of power delivery turbo still have a better advantage for mods.

X-Trail from PI rite? Tan Chong don't have.

Hahahhaa i am still waiting for someone to buy it and review. i had not seen any on the road yet.

with this kind of raging COEs alot of us are still holding back .

:wacko:

But do any of the Bros here actually go offroad with their SUVs??

Turbocharged

Hahahhaa i am still waiting for someone to buy it and review. i had not seen any on the road yet.

with this kind of raging COEs alot of us are still holding back .

:wacko:

But do any of the Bros here actually go offroad with their SUVs??

Yah. I am holding back too. In the meantime we can discuss here 1st [:p]

just hope all those driving SUV can keep to their own lane while driving and parking.

i know ppl will say Merc BMW even QQ also some cannot keep to their own lane while driving and parking.

i totally agree. so know that liao we still need more SUV to join that crowd? ( seen many SUV at bending road drove like they pays 2 or more road tax )

G - Shock? yup i do have one. white colour 2007-8 limited edition. lets talk about my WATCH, 5 seaters - like any other 4 -5 doors cars. better storage like many hatch or station wagon or MVP. good driving hight. can see lady wearing short skirt driving next to me. all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive ( i don really know the diff but guess some of you are the pros ) really helps us to get from point A to point B faster, save more fuel, better driving comfort ( who cares what suspension they using ), and is a G - Shock.. come on is big.... so when my wife use it i always pray harder and longer that day. best thing about my watch is when i feel that all drivers is driving too fast and dangerous, i will keep on lane 1 with my preferred speed so i can help to slow down the traffic, usually i can succeed cos my car too high and the one behind can't really tell i driving slow or is really slow traffic. wah hahahaha

RAV4 -

like what he say - wait for the hybrid?

CX 5

CRV

Subaru - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YNX4cuGoos

(edited)

Boxer engine.....beats the rest in shiokness...twin scroll at high revs....beats others for me ..... but only thing fuel.... after tuning...more shiok...pedal more in the end....still fuel chialat

Still holding to my 05 model...cause new ones like too many curves....take away the machoness .... have extra cash i sure renew

Edited by Rastaman01

Turbocharged

just hope all those driving SUV can keep to their own lane while driving and parking.

i know ppl will say Merc BMW even QQ also some cannot keep to their own lane while driving and parking.

i totally agree. so know that liao we still need more SUV to join that crowd? ( seen many SUV at bending road drove like they pays 2 or more road tax )

G - Shock? yup i do have one. white colour 2007-8 limited edition. lets talk about my WATCH, 5 seaters - like any other 4 -5 doors cars. better storage like many hatch or station wagon or MVP. good driving hight. can see lady wearing short skirt driving next to me. all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive ( i don really know the diff but guess some of you are the pros ) really helps us to get from point A to point B faster, save more fuel, better driving comfort ( who cares what suspension they using ), and is a G - Shock.. come on is big.... so when my wife use it i always pray harder and longer that day. best thing about my watch is when i feel that all drivers is driving too fast and dangerous, i will keep on lane 1 with my preferred speed so i can help to slow down the traffic, usually i can succeed cos my car too high and the one behind can't really tell i driving slow or is really slow traffic. wah hahahaha

RAV4 -

like what he say - wait for the hybrid?

CX 5

CRV

Subaru - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YNX4cuGoos

Thanks for the videos! Just finished watching RAV4 review and will watch the rest later. Those who dont understand chinese may have a problem as the review is in chinese.

Supercharged

For discussion purpose, any comments on the abovementioned Jap SUVs? Please try not to compare with conti SUVs.

have u watched this?

↡ Advertisement