Infant milk powder recommendation

Panerex77

(edited)

Why did you post this chart?

Yes, prices are high but you are the one enabling them by thinking that their formula is the best. Since you think it is the best, surely you don't expect it to be priced on par with fresh milk right?

ok fine!

Lets all do fresh milk instead of formula on one year and above!

and.....

Expect a price hike on fresh milk in time to come!!! [laugh]  [laugh] [laugh]  

Instead of solving problems, the millionaires are always moving problems from one end to another!

Fully supported by their yes men!

This is how this country works!

Too many examples to quote already..

Ppl just do not recognize the "root cause" of all evils!

post-25667-0-64736800-1495689901.jpg

Edited by Aaronlkl
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

Somehow when public raise something, some experts try to give thousand and one excuses. I heard some joker says, it is because they pay for R&D to this special milk only available here, more ingredients and marketing.

So that officer agrees it is justifiable to make more profits? So government hospitals and NTUC support such companies?

Tomorrow the rice suppliers pack their rice in nicer looking bags and start selling them 30% more, it is also innovative marketing?

Surely there is some law to protect consumers :a-m1524:

Supersonic
(edited)

Tomorrow the rice suppliers pack their rice in nicer looking bags and start selling them 30% more, it is also innovative marketing?

Surely there is some law to protect consumers :a-m1524:

What's new?

When a coffee shop renovated, the kopi and food prices increases there.

Edited by DACH

(edited)

Paying high price for milk formula is only in this unique country. -_- In fact every damn thing cost more in this country! For those newly weds or parents to be, think thrice before having kids! You never know whats coming next! ^_^  [:/]

babyk2003, Nov 7, 2012

"I also started giving my son fresh milk when he turns 2yo.But I was advised by the nurse at polyclinic to stop giving my son fresh milk. She told me fresh milk dun contain much nutrients. Only calcium. Formula milk will be the best. But my son refuses to take formula. Vomits every time I give it to him.

I consulted my GP. She told me wat the nurse says is true. Formula milk is still the best. But if my son refuses formula, fresh milk is the next best thing. It's better that he takes fresh milk than not to take any milk at all."

https://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/fresh-milk-vs-formula.2144/

u think about it.

It's only in our local society or Asian mentality that we insist on milk formula.  We always think formula milk will make our kids smarter or creative or whatever, right?

Europeans and Americans don't feed formula milk.  And you know how many Nobel prize winners and Forbes 500 companies come from what continent?

The proof is in the pudding, bro.

How many Singaporeans are creative and smart enough to develop Forbes 500 company or become Nobel prize winner?  Do we have a Silicon Valley?  

The companies are preying on our KS KS mentality, just like how $1000-per-month enrichment tuition centres are doing to parents. 

Edited by Jusnel
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

u think about it.

It's only in our local society or Asian mentality that we insist on milk formula. We always think formula milk will make our kids smarter or creative or whatever, right?

Europeans and Americans don't feed formula milk. And you know how many Nobel prize winners and Forbes 500 companies come from what continent?

The proof is in the pudding, bro.

How many Singaporeans are creative and smart enough to develop Forbes 500 company or become Nobel prize winner? Do we have a Silicon Valley?

The companies are preying on our KS KS mentality, just like how $1000-per-month enrichment tuition centres are doing to parents.

Creativity and smart has nothing to do with what kind of milk you drink but the kind of society and mentality link to it that stifles them in this environment.
  • Praise 1

Creativity and smart has nothing to do with what kind of milk you drink but the kind of society and mentality link to it that stifles them in this environment.

But bro, formula milk do hv DHA and EPA added into it.

These 2 elements are proven to aid the child's brain development.

Hypersonic

These 2 elements are proven to aid the child's brain development.

1 tsp of Scott's emulsion probably contains more dha and Epa than your kids daily entire milk intake.

If u want to argue, why don't just feed your kid fish everyday instead?

• Praise 1

1 tsp of Scott's emulsion probably contains more dha and Epa than your kids daily entire milk intake.

Yes. I fed my son with Scotts's emulsion too. Not all fishes are rich in dha and epa though.
  • Praise 1

Be careful of the claims...

Not that it's not effective...

Only afraid that it's really effective to the extent that brain's development follows input.

So be careful of what has been inputted or not inputted into child's brain.

How many know how to "input" into their child's brain?

GIGO, empty in empty out. Tao Nao Kang Kang...

Worse... dead brain's cells.

[laugh]

These 2 elements are proven to aid the child's brain development.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Yes. I fed my son with Scotts's emulsion too. Not all fishes are rich in dha and epa though.

Yeah we don't have that many oily fishes around here.. And the taste is bit strong for the kids. But most sea dwelling fish is fine except seabass.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

https://www.mommynearest.com/article/why-foods-with-added-dha-and-ara-should-scare-you

Still better to get nutrients from real food if possible IMO.

I dunno how these added stuff are derived. I always assumed it's some fish oil extract. Interesting.

Yeah just eat real fish and real fish oil.

Be careful of the claims...

Not that it's not effective...

Only afraid that it's really effective to the extent that brain's development follows input.

So be careful of what has been inputted or not inputted into child's brain.

How many know how to "input" into their child's brain?

GIGO, empty in empty out. Tao Nao Kang Kang...

Worse... dead brain's cells.

[laugh]

Nurture nurture nurture.

U probably get more mileage having a good healthy relationship with your wife and kids and judicious use of electronic devices when young.

Edited by Lala81

Supersonic

One time I looked at Scott's Emulsion and wonder it's relatively cheap.

If I remember correctly, ithe active ingredient is only like 5%, the rest are just fillers and gum.

Now if you compare cod liver oil from iherb, it's like $30~$50

(edited)

Yeah that's the truth that YOU and I know. But many parents or people think otherwise.

I'm a parent too to a young toddler, and I got friends telling me this brand and that brand of milk formula is good and this and that.

It's all misconception, bro.

And no thanks to all the marketing claims and advertising by these milk companies

Edited by Jusnel

These 2 elements are proven to aid the child's brain development.

What they put into milk formula could be synthetic in nature, not the natural form

Likewise for supplements that we take. Many of them are synthetic.

So be mindful of this. Examples of Vitamins and minerals come in natural or synthetic forms.

Obviously we know which one is the best for our body, don't we?

U want to feed yr kid synthetic stuff?

Hypersonic

One time I looked at Scott's Emulsion and wonder it's relatively cheap.

If I remember correctly, ithe active ingredient is only like 5%, the rest are just fillers and gum.

Now if you compare cod liver oil from iherb, it's like $30~$50

My kids take Nordic naturals too. I'm just giving a local comparison.

rps20170526_074527_445.jpg

After reading all the comments i derived to a conclusion. The kids now are bigger and smarter all thanks to the nutrients fed by the parents in the form of baby formulas and all other 'beneficial' nutrients. Now they grow up gets bigger and smarter too fast......and then parents complain my child is becoming smarter amd bigger too fast...

Supersonic

After reading all the comments i derived to a conclusion. The kids now are bigger and smarter all thanks to the nutrients fed by the parents in the form of baby formulas and all other 'beneficial' nutrients. Now they grow up gets bigger and smarter too fast......and then parents complain my child is becoming smarter amd bigger too fast...ððð

But still not smart enough to help parents make money le...
↡ Advertisement