Thailand: 1 week Bangkok stay

Wallaw819

hope you all don't mind if i ask something off topic, i'm going to japan at the end of this month, but as of now no itinerary, i am planning to go to disneysea tokyo, should i book online now? or wait till i'm in japan and buy from a kiosk or something, or buy straight at disneysea entrance?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I brought from their 7-11 store the night before.

had some problem telling the 7-11 staff I want to buy Disney ticket until showing him the leaflet and indicate 1 day pass. LOL

I prefer disneysea and pls do try the Tower of Terror.

Edited by Babyt

hope you all don't mind if i ask something off topic, i'm going to japan at the end of this month, but as of now no itinerary, i am planning to go to disneysea tokyo, should i book online now? or wait till i'm in japan and buy from a kiosk or something, or buy straight at disneysea entrance?

when i went there i book directly there in hotel reception as i staying in disneyland hotel.

(edited)

Sorry but i can't help disagreeing with your review.

Firstly, Baiyoke Suit/Sky/Boutique range of hotels are mediocre at best. The price you pay for is not worth it but it seems loads of singaporeans go there. There are cheaper and better furnished hotels in much better locations.

Secondly, Baiyoke range of hotels are nowhere near the BTS. The closest ones are about 1.3km down on main Petchaburi road or Chaturathit road i.e. Victory Monument station and Rachathewi station respectively. In fact i don't encourage hotel stay within the Pratunam area because its heavily congested. If you're going back to a hotel in that area, most taxis won't take you there during peak periods because of the jam.

The free shuttle buses are useless in peak periods thanks to the jam. But if you're contented with just shopping within the Platinum mall district then i guess its ok to find a hotel there.

Better areas include Sukhumvit soi 8 onwards.

hahaha so true... baiyoke is crap... just go for a nice boutique hotel. So many in Bkk.

Go JTB at ion buy the ticket. Slightly cheaper and saves you the hassle of Q-ing when you reach. Go straight in. Is ALOT better. And when you are there maybe you can pick up some ideas for your itenary. I hear soapland is interesting.

Edited by Mockngbrd

Firstly, Baiyoke Suit/Sky/Boutique range of hotels are mediocre at best. The price you pay for is not worth it but it seems loads of singaporeans go there. There are cheaper and better furnished hotels in much better locations.

Secondly, Baiyoke range of hotels are nowhere near the BTS. The closest ones are about 1.3km down on main Petchaburi road or Chaturathit road i.e. Victory Monument station and Rachathewi station respectively. In fact i don't encourage hotel stay within the Pratunam area because its heavily congested. If you're going back to a hotel in that area, most taxis won't take you there during peak periods because of the jam.

The free shuttle buses are useless in peak periods thanks to the jam. But if you're contented with just shopping within the Platinum mall district then i guess its ok to find a hotel there.

value for Money to stay at Ratchada area...

hehehe near BTS and many "entertainment" around...

Thanks for all your suggestion. I have gone through most of them and the pricing is way out of my budget.

Looking at around $200~$250/per night for the whole family of 8!

Guess i will grab some a few rooms in some good hotel (still looking through all the reviews).

try White Palace...clean n cheap, sure meet ur budget. Walking dist to Pratunam and Baiyoke summore...

• Praise 1

For 200-250 per night for 8 people, you would need to look for serviced apartments, and mid level ones at best.

Honestly, your budget isn't much to work on for 8 people.

Go to tripadvisor and look under the serviced apartments section.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thot of trying out VIE Hotel on my next visit. Seems not bad reviews on tripadvisor. Any bros stayed there b4 and got FR?

You stay at Rachadapisek best for you. Easier access to your workplace :D :D :D

• Praise 1

thanks all for the suggestions =) about travel insurance, i'm planning to get a one-trip coverage type, where do you guys recommend i get insurance from?

• Praise 1

Wow BKK expert! Please recommend some C&G hotels for a family of 4, thanks!

• Praise 1

Supersonic

thanks all for the suggestions =) about travel insurance, i'm planning to get a one-trip coverage type, where do you guys recommend i get insurance from?

MSIG. can buy online - good coverage n competitive premium. no claim problem unlike aunty lucy who will call n check this check that maciam their customers exists to cheat them.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi,

I intend to bring my extended family for 1 week bangkok stay during june holidays.

Anyone know of a good place (apartment will be ideal) for 1 week stay for 8 people (5 adults, 3 children). 2 to 3 bedrooms near skytrain will be ideal.

thanks.

For 8 peoplem better to stay in service apartments, cheaper also compared to a few hotel rooms.

• Praise 1

Thanks for all the suggestions.

We had a wonderful time in Bangkok thanks greatly to my cousin who is working there, who kindly provided us with a driver/minibus.

The hotel (3 rooms) we finally decided on is iCheck Inn in Silom. The hotel is new (<2 months old) and the rooms quite spacious (for the price we are paying). For 8 days only cost $1100 (3 Twin rooms).

Good area to stay as the traffic is not so bad (jam but still ok by BKK std).

• Praise 1

bump up this thread.....

intending to go BKK and tailor some shirts at amari watergate........ was considering berkeley hotel but just want to know if there are better hotels recommended?

if not too far from amari Watergate, the airport rail and BTS would be great.... or where would be a good place to stay?

I be alone [:)]

kum siah many many

Edited by Galantspeedz

bump up this thread.....

intending to go BKK and tailor some shirts at amari watergate........ was considering berkeley hotel but just want to know if there are better hotels recommended?

if not too far from amari Watergate, the airport rail and BTS would be great.... or where would be a good place to stay?

kum siah many many

Hey bro. Berkeley Hotel not bad with this price but u won't feel it's a 5 star hotel. To me i think the most 4 star nia. The buffet breakfast is like our hawker centre(all singapore lang). Food is not bad too but 1 week eating the same food every morning u sure sian.

The shopping next door is quite ok too. night time also got night market just outside the shopping centre.

Amari watergate though it's old hotel but u can feel the 5 star staying there. Of so many hotel I stay before in bkk. I like most is amari watergate breakfast. And u won't see alot of singapore lang too. only no good is no wifi in room(don't know about now)

Novotel next to platinum mall room very small I don't like.

The rest near by watergate are mostly old hotel.

bump up this thread.....

kum siah many many

Arnoma Hotel is walking distance to Platinum.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4