Thailand: 1 week Bangkok stay

Wallaw819

Better change hotel to those along BTS line if you intend to go places. The weather is no joke.

booked at a discount and cancel is a no-no. Haiz...

↡ Advertisement

Anyone been to ayuthaya? Heard the temple is very nice too bad my bkk trip didnt travel there "(

Nice place if you like old temple. However no much shelter and can get quite hot during the days.

The distance between the temples is quite far so unless you have transport then very difficult to see all.

Cycling (bike rental available I think) is an option though.

• Praise 2

I have young children aged below 6. Are there any amusement parks in Bangkok suitable for them?

I have young children aged below 6. Are there any amusement parks in Bangkok suitable for them?

there is a wonderland in bangkok duno still around anot

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

There is a place for nightlife and food (sorry, I forgotten the name).

U have to take bts to thaksin station. From there, walk to pier (abt 5mins). And take the boat across. Free ferry.

Remember to buy more travel insurance or bring own life jacket. The ferry fxxking overload. All standing onboard like sardine.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Bump.....

Other than mbk or platinum area, any other shopping sites plus makan to recommend?

Silom? Never go before....

Only if you realli wanna explore new area and you are already at Chatuchak area - take the underground MRT at Chatuchak and alight at Phahon Yothin Station to go to Union Mall.

Or if you are leaving from hotel, get off at Mochit LRT and transfer to underground MRT to get to Phahon Yothin Station.

There, you dun hv to bargain or need to buy in bulk in order to get discounts, unlike Platinum [thumbsup]

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 3

There is a place for nightlife and food (sorry, I forgotten the name).

U have to take bts to thaksin station. From there, walk to pier (abt 5mins). And take the boat across. Free ferry.

Remember to buy more travel insurance or bring own life jacket. The ferry fxxking overload. All standing onboard like sardine.

Are you referring to Asiatique The Riverfront?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Maeklong railway market and ampangwa floating market?

About 90mins drive from Bangkok.

For whole day (10hrs trip), I paid about s$100 for the mini.van that seat 6adults.

Supercharged

Bump.....

Other than mbk or platinum area, any other shopping sites plus makan to recommend?

Terminal 21 ?? Ashok BTS if I remember correctly . Nearby got health land massage ...

Terminal 21 ?? Ashok BTS if I remember correctly . Nearby got health land massage ...

Going with CO, so only healthy massage only.....hahahah

Supercharged

Going with CO, so only healthy massage only.....hahahah

Health land is healthy massage la .... Big building with something like 8 floors of rooms . Different kinds of massages , aroma , thai and many kinds . Go google it .

BTS station should be Askok . Terminal 21 is a good place to shop , many restaurants there also .

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Bump.....

You could try union mall and central Plaza ladprao, both are located right beside phahon yothin train line. It's about 9 stops away from siam bts line including train transfer. Then at night time can go to chatuchak which is just 1 stop away.

• Praise 1

recommendations for apartment for either 2 adults 2 kids or 4 adults 2 kids?

I usually go BKK myself and stayed at Ibis Siam, next to Stadium BTS.... would like recommendations for apartment for either 2 adults 2 kids or 4 adults 2 kids around the same location?

If you are on budget - search for Jasmine City which is quite near Asoke BTS . They have 2 bedroom apartment and located not deep inside the soi.

↡ Advertisement