Thailand: 1 week Bangkok stay

Wallaw819

If you are on budget - search for Jasmine City which is quite near Asoke BTS . They have 2 bedroom apartment and located not deep inside the soi.

thanks... prices similar to ibis siam

↡ Advertisement

Another option is Air BnB. Can search for whole apartments with good reviews. I was fortunate to find a new condo 5 to 10 minutes walk from BTS. Though it didn't have many reviews at that time as it was new, I took the leap of faith and was happy with my choice. There are many nice apartments available for rental and good way to see local neighborhood.

Only downside is no daily cleaning of apartments but lots of shopping lying around, sometimes its better that way ! Pack only when you leave and not every morning before you leave your room  [:p]

• Praise 2

Anyone rented a car in Bangkok and drove around places of interest before?

I looking at the possibility of renting a Camry or Accord and drive from Bangkok to various places of interest. Will be driving out of the city in the morning and back into the city in the afternoon. I hope, this way, traffic is not that bad.

Hi,

I am planning for a 1 week holiday in Thailand during Dec.

Plan for 1st 3 night at HuaHin and following 3 night in Bangkok.

Any bros have contacts for transfer service on arrival day from Bangkok airport to Huahin for family of 4, and later return back to Bangkok on 4th day.

Just saw this company. Anyone used it before?

http://www.orientalescape.com/thailand/transfer/bangkok.html

Edited by Tohto

Hi,

Any bros have contacts for transfer service on arrival day from Bangkok airport to Huahin for family of 4, and later return back to Bangkok on 4th day.

quite easy to get cab actually and not expensive.

quite easy to get cab actually and not expensive.

Buy Huahin is about 200km+ from Bangkok airport, will be be very expensive running on meter?

Hi,

You got mail.

Buy Huahin is about 200km+ from Bangkok airport, will be be very expensive running on meter?

just saw your edit, i thought you were referring to to and fr airport . 

Hi,

I can link you up with a fishing guide in bkk. He has own car.... maybe he willing provide transport for the right price

Pm me if interested

• Praise 1

Back from BKK.

Had a one day tour and was using this hiace passenger van. The ride looks new and nice but the suspension + thai roads = very bumpy ride. Esp when travelling down the flyover, the gaps in between cause violent jerk. Unable to have proper shut eye during my 1.5hrs journey to floating market.

So if travelling further, suggest you get a Toyota Innova which is plenty over there. The taxi I booked to Chatuchak market is a Toyota Innova. The 15mins journey over many flyovers never had a bumpy ride.

post-2654-0-21176100-1475023364_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-24428100-1475023377_thumb.jpg

Was walking passed a Nissan service centre and this Mercedes caught my eye. It was a thai police car mercedes. The driver, a police officer was walking back to the car and I asked him if it belongs to him and he said yes. And I told him he has a nice car to drive, a Mercedes S Class!!!

post-2654-0-67511100-1475023570_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-62535400-1475023665_thumb.jpg

Itinerary of my one day tour in BKK.

- 7am left hotel to Railway market to catch the train leaving at 9am.

- Then to Floating Market for 1.5hrs boat ride thru the waterways.

- 12noon Head back to BKK to visit the Royal Grand Palace.

- After that head back to hotel for a shower.

- 5.30pm head to Yaowarat(Chinatown) for dinner.

- 8pm back to hotel to rest. 

Railway market was interesting but really nothing to buy except if you are local. It is really an operating market selling fresh produce and live stock. Get to see them chop live catfish up. Just see them remove their tents when train move off. It is next to the river where there is a small jetty. The guide told us, last time goods were transported from boat to train to inland of the country.

Floating market was a tourist trap I feel. I dont see any locals buying anything from those boats selling food and fruits. Mostly for tourist entertainment. The tour guide told us, they work in the morning only mainly for the tourist. Afternoon, they have land to farm or other jobs. It is no longer a "real" marketplace it used to be. It is just a place for tourist to "experience" a floating market.

Royal Grand Palace was super crowded with PRC tourist. There easily few thousands of them all around. The last time I was there in 1997, I was able to roam ard freely. Now, have to squeeze my way thru.

Yaowarat(Chinatown) like never changed. The shops and street stalls still the same. The traffic jam also still the same. Food was as good as before.

• Praise 2

Back from BKK.

Had a one day tour and was using this hiace passenger van. The ride looks new and nice but the suspension + thai roads = very bumpy ride. Esp when travelling down the flyover, the gaps in between cause violent jerk. Unable to have proper shut eye during my 1.5hrs journey to floating market.

So if travelling further, suggest you get a Toyota Innova which is plenty over there. The taxi I booked to Chatuchak market is a Toyota Innova. The 15mins journey over many flyovers never had a bumpy ride.

attachicon.gifTransport in BKK 001.jpg

attachicon.gifTransport in BKK 002.jpg

you all many people? Chatuchak market take MRT easier actually, at door step nia

wow, bro.

you now at BKK?

you heard of this shopping mall whereby it sells all sort of automotive parts.

its call sriworajak building.

wow, bro.

you now at BKK?

you heard of this shopping mall whereby it sells all sort of automotive parts.

its call sriworajak building.

Back liao lah.

Never heard of such shopping mall. I go there is to eat and eat and eat and eat. Look at the makan thread.

Shopping malls I visited(kena dragged into), the ones every Singaporean visits. Platinum Mall, Central World, Siam Centre, MBK and Terminal 21. 

↡ Advertisement