University degree not VITAL for success!

RadX

Turbocharged

i find their message sibei contradicting ....

in order for the country to become better ... education is the key

in order for people to move up and do better job ... education is the key

in order to earn higher salary ... education is the key

in order to compete with other countries ... education is the key

sounds like sibei VITAL leh ...

he telling you to go beyong degreee. go take master and phd...

nothing contridicting. :D

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

the context of his reply must be taken into account.

The student ask why not just make more and more university places available? ie like taiwan. all their polytechnic equivalents/vocational college all change to "university"

So KBW's reply was the above. don't assume the degree is the end-all of success.

I mean, i'm not a fan of his statements but don't twist the context. No difference from the mindless bashing online -_-

if whole cohort are degree holders then

1. it will lead to devaluation of degrees. similar to what is happening in britain where alot of ulu polytechnics are offering degrees.

2. shortage of hands on technical expertise. purpose of ite and poly is to provide a training/vocational school for a hands on approach to education. e.g technicians etc. if everyone is a degree holder, then who will be technician. If whole platoon are 2LT then who will chiong sua?

the context of his reply must be taken into account.

The student ask why not just make more and more university places available? ie like taiwan. all their polytechnic equivalents/vocational college all change to "university"

So KBW's reply was the above. don't assume the degree is the end-all of success.

I mean, i'm not a fan of his statements but don't twist the context. No difference from the mindless bashing online -_-

good reply. Yes, if all were to have degrees, there would be high unemployment of grads. Every system shd have a level of education folks from all levels.......if all degree holders, u not gonna support the entire load of them

btw, all doctors successful meh?

Supercharged

good reply. Yes, if all were to have degrees, there would be high unemployment of grads. Every system shd have a level of education folks from all levels.......if all degree holders, u not gonna support the entire load of them

All docs are successful. some are just more successful than others....... [laugh]

too many supplies...diluted liao...then all must consolidate...25 to 1..then the 1 is all Masters and above..(Master is Uni level in future)

wah..more stressful for our next generation..lol

All docs are successful. some are just more successful than others....... [laugh]

muahahah....i know of some Drs who left the pro9fession too.......and doing other things

Turbocharged

and once u have it, you not hungry anymore.......i am coming to that stage where i have achieved what i wanted aldy....no longer hungry... [bigcry] [bigcry]

Your appetite stops at F10 5er nia har? :D

Turbocharged

when civil service stops making special plans for schloars, stop discriminating degree and non degree holders then talk...

sounds like a matherfarking cow khaw! puiz!

Your appetite stops at F10 5er nia har? :D

i contented mah...dunch need any other [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

i contented mah...dunch need any other [laugh] [laugh]

No ambition [rolleyes]

:D :D :D

(edited)

Bah. Their one off comments should stop appearing on headlines. Most of them will turn into jokes and get mocked by ppl like us.

Looking at his target audience of ite & poly grads, of course he will say degree not vital, blah blah blah... If his target audience are uni grads dan what will he say? Degree not vital? Why are they wasting their time studying in uni? Might as well go out and hunt for a good job.

Depends on target audience, that's what I notice. Things like "Once in 50 years" are targetted at 5 year olds or 50 year old senile citizens. :D

Edited by Watwheels
  • Dislike 1

he was toking to ITE students of cos hav to say tings like tis... i am anti-elitism too but it seems like he tok until noting to say so anyhow blurt tis sentence out...

true to a certain extent tat no need degree can make big $$$, but most of us need... simple question, how many bill gates are there in the world or how many can be as successful if not more successful dan him?

No ambition [rolleyes]

:D :D :D

actually really lah....jus waitiing to return ic [wave] [wave]

Twincharged

acherlee MBT more apt...he o level not as good as CST too [laugh] [laugh]

really! i thot MBT is a rhodes scholar? haha

chao chao still above median income.

my BIL fresh grad gp at raffles medical already 12k :wacko:

(edited)

he was toking to ITE students of cos hav to say tings like tis... i am anti-elitism too but it seems like he tok until noting to say so anyhow blurt tis sentence out...

true to a certain extent tat no need degree can make big $$$, but most of us need... simple question, how many bill gates are there in the world or how many can be as successful if not more successful dan him?

coz bill gate and rest is more talented in some way?? if 1 is not talented and not willing to try..how ? Venture Capitalist or Angel investor will look for them without knowing this people presence?

but here ,we only got FT..lol

but i did saw someone success with ITE..his perseverance to try and fail..25 already SM in a listed company who bought over his shares of his company..again maybe to some is heng and luck

Edited by Freestylers09

(edited)

really! i thot MBT is a rhodes scholar? haha

no lah.

khaw boon wan and MBT are columbo scholarship nia lah. at some aust uni.

iirc chen show mao and raymond lim were rhodes scholar.

Edited by Little_prince
↡ Advertisement