University degree not VITAL for success!

RadX

Mr Khaw was responding to a participant who said the Government should set aside more university places for Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and polytechnic graduates.

Best response ever.....

Mr Khaw was responding to a participant who said the Government should set aside more university places for Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and polytechnic graduates.

Best response ever.....

last time my time from poly to uni is top 5% nia.

now it's top 20%.

if they really wanna let poly grads into uni then it'll overwhelm the system and resources of the university... and the quality of the teaching will drop exponentially.

he was toking to ITE students of cos hav to say tings like tis... i am anti-elitism too but it seems like he tok until noting to say so anyhow blurt tis sentence out...

true to a certain extent tat no need degree can make big $$$, but most of us need... simple question, how many bill gates are there in the world or how many can be as successful if not more successful dan him?

Having a higher education will no doubt open more doors to opportunity to success. It' a no brainer. Unless right at the beginning you knew you have something that will make you an instant success dan you stop studying and pursue it.

Aiya, these ppl tock calk one lah.

Having a higher education will no doubt open more doors to opportunity to success. It' a no brainer. Unless right at the beginning you knew you have something that will make you an instant success dan you stop studying and pursue it.

Aiya, these ppl tock calk one lah.

well.

look at it from another point of view.

if everyone has a degree then what's the differentiator?

they'll just end up with a generation of degree holders who cant find suitable jobs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...eremployed.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/feb/2...-school-leavers

(edited)

Not vital does not mean not important. What Min Khaw is saying is that without a degree, one can still achieve success. To that, I agree.

But the question wasn't is a degree important. Question was, shoudn't the Gahmen set aside more places for SGreans in Unis?

Is like i ask you, can you set aside more cake for me?

Then you tell me, Oh, cake is not important to make you full.

Edited by Mockngbrd

I think Khaw worry, have to give out more grants for needy Singaporean students, then no job how?

Or many Singapore students no scholarship have to take bank loans, after graduate, cannot find job how?

Or gahment not enough jobs in civil service for Singaporeans?

Or maybe, you have to be elite, then a grad degree will put you high high up above the pheasants?

But the question wasn't is a degree important. Question was, shoudn't the Gahmen set aside more places for SGreans in Unis?

this part i agree.

i rather have more sgrean poly students in uni than those ah tiongs and ah nehs.

you'd be surprised how many foreigners in local u.

even the food stalls in ntu/nus alot are catered to china students.

you go during lunch and all you hear are china accent.

very disconcerting.

They are politician. That answer is definitely a politically correct answer.

Back to placing, stand corrected, I remember I read somewhere that higher % of SGians made it to Unis each years and the trend is set to continue with the opening of the new university.

I think Khaw worry, have to give out more grants for needy Singaporean students, then no job how?

Or many Singapore students no scholarship have to take bank loans, after graduate, cannot find job how?

Or gahment not enough jobs in civil service for Singaporeans?

Or maybe, you have to be elite, then a grad degree will put you high high up above the pheasants?

now already sponsoring the ah tiongs from china for free liaoz lor.

i rather my tax go to needy singaporeans than to bloody chinamen that treat us like a stepping stones and look down on locals.

I agree, i prembaree tree oni....... [laugh] [laugh]

University degree 'not vital for success': Khaw Boon Wan

Getting good jobs after leaving school more important: Khaw

Published on May 05, 2013 8:44 AM

By Toh Yong Chuan

Singaporeans do not need to be university graduates to be successful, said National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan yesterday.

What is more important is that they get good jobs after leaving school, Mr Khaw told some 160 students and young adults in an Our Singapore Conversation dialogue.

"If they cannot find jobs, what is the point? You own a degree, but so what? That you can't eat it. If that cannot give you a good life, a good job, it is meaningless," he added.

Just standard answers for expected questions.

Dont need to waste time reading .

Tons of such.

Hypersonic

muahahah....i know of some Drs who left the pro9fession too.......and doing other things

and more successful doing that........ [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Hypersonic

KBW said he needs more crane operators

crane operators need degrees?

:D

well.

look at it from another point of view.

if everyone has a degree then what's the differentiator?

they'll just end up with a generation of degree holders who cant find suitable jobs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...eremployed.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/feb/2...-school-leavers

A degree is basically a level of education which is completed by the person who holds it.

Yes having a degree, or a cert of any kind does mean that the holder has attained a level of education at that level.

But does it show unquestionable Intelligence? Courage? Decisiveness? Vision?

Hardly.

5th Gear

if the government can employ those without degree, then what Mr Khaw said is valid. Other than that, he's just talking nonsense.......walk the talk Mr Khaw!!!

↡ Advertisement