"Lee Way" van requesting for more leeway on road

Obscurest

you all should go jurong island and see...bus, lorries and trucks were the devil there...full load of ppl on board can go above 100 anytime, somemore on a three lanes very cramp road!!! Driving almost less then 2 foot aparts....

Put it in a nicer way, the acts of speeding by commercial vehicles are tolerated by both TP and LTA.

If not, why after so many years, they don't see the problem and solve it? Speeding by these vehicles continue.

On the other hand, CPF board is so proactive in upping the minimum sum again when no one is complaining it is too low.

[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

.... And these truck / van drivers are taking full advantage of it when LTA, TP close their eyes

How many more lives have to be taken out by these drivers before LTA, TP open their eyes and do their work? [furious]

Turbocharged

What I saw is a truck carrying workers , two of them is fisting each other while the rest try to stop them :blink:

I know banglas hold hands in public as a sign of affection but to do that in public would be too much. :mellow:

dun agree fully with u....there's a good reason why vans/lorries cannot be on lane 1....they can't brake as well as cars, so if u r the car in front of them, high chance tat they will rear end u if got emergency brake in front.... [:(]

you are right. high speed van has a higher chance of rear ending the car in front due to weaker brakes. but i'm merely saying that i'm not offended if a van wants to come in front of me and proceed along at a reasonable pace thereafter. i give people the benefit of doubt that there may be an emergency to attend to.

anyway, it doesn't happen very often in my experience and for that few times that it happens, it doesn't bother me too much. from the extreme reaction from some people, i think they are more bothered by their own ego than safety reasons.

you are right. high speed van has a higher chance of rear ending the car in front due to weaker brakes. but i'm merely saying that i'm not offended if a van wants to come in front of me and proceed along at a reasonable pace thereafter. i give people the benefit of doubt that there may be an emergency to attend to.

anyway, it doesn't happen very often in my experience and for that few times that it happens, it doesn't bother me too much. from the extreme reaction from some people, i think they are more bothered by their own ego than safety reasons.

I always thought their brakes super zhai, it's just that because they are so damn heavy, the braking distance is much longer if they don't do maintenance for their brakes... those can hear the "eee eeeee eee" when they brake.

I always see those big truckers zoom zoom at Yishun, and they like to brake very hard and close, can see in the rear mirror, very scary. The whole truck will be shaking after they zham brake.

I always thought their brakes super zhai, it's just that because they are so damn heavy, the braking distance is much longer if they don't do maintenance for their brakes... those can hear the "eee eeeee eee" when they brake.

I always see those big truckers zoom zoom at Yishun, and they like to brake very hard and close, can see in the rear mirror, very scary. The whole truck will be shaking after they zham brake.

i think business owners will not be so on the ball with their commercial vehicle maintenance so they can minimise expenses, i.e. brake pads will be worn to the max before replacement. the shaking while braking is probably due to their soft suspension setup, just like you see those taxi back-side always jump up when coming to a quick stop.

i think business owners will not be so on the ball with their commercial vehicle maintenance so they can minimise expenses, i.e. brake pads will be worn to the max before replacement. the shaking while braking is probably due to their soft suspension setup, just like you see those taxi back-side always jump up when coming to a quick stop.

Agreed. I know they have soft suspension but just stating it's really scary when they brake hard and the vehicle kowtow behind me. [laugh]

[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

.... And these truck / van drivers are taking full advantage of it when LTA, TP close their eyes

How many more lives have to be taken out by these drivers before LTA, TP open their eyes and do their work? [furious]

I doubt they'll bother. End of the day, the various heads sit in meeting and conclude another statistics.

If TP is really short of manpower, why isn't more manpower hired? It wasn't like this lack of manpower happened only last month and we are making a fuss. they've mentioned it for years and till today still no manpower. Some of their duties had already been outsourced. And surprising, these outsourced companies have sufficient manpower. A partial load had already been taken off. Might as well say no budget to hire.

I believe similiar to SAF vocation posting, in SPF, they can't chose to go where they want to go. Number of vehicles, drivers of different nationalities and roads have increased, by right the number of TPs should increase correspondingly.

5th Gear

another thing.....lately seems that many trucks and vans on their high beam lights....most of them i saw in the driving seats were indian nationals or PRC nationals.....

Twincharged

another thing.....lately seems that many trucks and vans on their high beam lights....most of them i saw in the driving seats were indian nationals or PRC nationals.....

Maybe they thought they are back in their homeland with no streetlamps.

There is no limiter bro.. what's installed in those G Plate truck are those Speed Warning Device.. they do nothing except Beep Beep Beep..

If the driver is deaf or no deaf.. then....... -_-

that's where plastercine or blue tack and careful and good patching skills come in handy

I doubt they'll bother. End of the day, the various heads sit in meeting and conclude another statistics.

If TP is really short of manpower, why isn't more manpower hired? It wasn't like this lack of manpower happened only last month and we are making a fuss. they've mentioned it for years and till today still no manpower. Some of their duties had already been outsourced. And surprising, these outsourced companies have sufficient manpower. A partial load had already been taken off. Might as well say no budget to hire.

I believe similiar to SAF vocation posting, in SPF, they can't chose to go where they want to go. Number of vehicles, drivers of different nationalities and roads have increased, by right the number of TPs should increase correspondingly.

Agree with you that road safety is important (as it involves lives) needs sufficient enforcement, which requires sufficient manpower. But as I see how TP handles this, cant help but suspect some "mutual understandings" between parties who own/run commercial trucks/vans and TP. Just my opinion, could be wrong.

(edited)

I know banglas hold hands in public as a sign of affection but to do that in public would be too much. :mellow:

OT a bit....last nite while stopping at a red traffic light, i happened to glance at my rear mirror n i saw 2 guys in the car behind me kissing (driver n his front pax)....mouth-to-mouth but not super hot French type....my hair on my neck kinda stood up :o[:p]

Edited by Timex1441

Turbocharged

:D:D:D

You damm steady. MCF one day thousands of thread and gazillion posts. You can pick out the one with fisting. [thumbsup]

Supercharged

OT a bit....last nite while stopping at a red traffic light, i happened to glance at my rear mirror n i saw 2 guys in the car behind me kissing (driver n his front pax)....mouth-to-mouth but not super hot French type....my hair on my neck kinda stood up :o[:p]

Maybe its a real couple but the girl has very short hair leh... :huh:

↡ Advertisement