Dishonest Car Dealer - Vision Cars

Frenzzsg

(edited)

Sharing a personal experience to serve as a warning to all mcfers who're looking for cars during this period.

I know that sales person do overpromise, but i didnt know that they can literally "LIE" to a customer outrightly right from the AD they posted.

This is the car that i had "bought", agreement signed, deposit paid.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...810&DL=2033

TWO lies in the AD :

1. Car is DEFINITELY not entitled for 100% loan becuz it's owned by the sales person, who claims to be the boss of the shop (happen that my friend, who is also in this trade, knows the boss of Vision Cars. Found out abt this at the end of the whole saga). This is eventually verified via the log card of the car, registered under the sales person name Edwin, not Vision Cars.

2. Car is NOT FULLY service in Sttugart. Before sales, tell me car 100% service with agent. After i signed and paid, called and checked with Sttugart and cant find the registered car plate record, then claim that car service outside after warranthy. Note that car is reg in 2008 (5yrs car), Porsche local warranthy is 5yrs with Sttugart. So 1 lie after another.

Summary of the story :

I bought the car at a very good deal of $155K (initial asking price $185K) after the SA quoted me a wrong selling price. Although they discovered the mistake, still agreed to sell the car to me, claiming wanting to let go the car within the 60days period and becuz it's the "BOSS" car, but wanting me to pay a $5k deposit. As the deal was good & car condition was pretty good too, i agred and paid the deposit.

2days later, SA told me all local banks only approve 50% of my loan (which is weird cuz i only receive call from ONE bank.) if want 100% must fo for Hitachi/Tokyo. Thinking that maybe the loan comm is higher and the deal is good, i agreed to it. (i opted for 90% loan, and my income wont have prob for that.)

No news, updates or even calls from HItchi/Tokyo for verification for 5days, then suddenly, SA told me loan not approved, wanted to refund my deposit immediately. Getting pissed, i told him i will get the loan myself. He said can, but want a 3.5% admin fee on the loan. Found it ridiculous, but even with that still quite a good deal so i agreed again. Asked for the car e-trf record cuz my own contact needs that to process my loan. Gave me the log card instead. Only then i realise that the car is not qualified for 100%. Dont understand why did he created so much trouble!! i admit although i was feeling pissed, still tempted by the selling price of the car so told him fine, just treat it that i'm now buying from a direct seller. My friend who does loan wanted to try for me on the max % of loan and i was considering a 50% loan since it's a good deal. Asked for a photocopy of his NRIC, since i'm now buying directly from him. Insisted that dont need his NRIC, even get an admin gal to answer my call on his behalf. Saying they did many loan applications before, there is no need to get the seller NRIC. (Clarified with both my friends and a broker who does loan, if buying from car dealer, can use the log card for loan application, but buying from direct seller, definitely will need the NRIC, at least a phocopied).

Finally, i gave up and agreed to cancel the sales. Got back my deposit the following day

Seriously even till now, i still couldnt understand why did the 2 champion SA (Sherman & Edwin) do all these stunts???

1. Cheat my deposit? well they refunded me...prob also becuz i made them wrote every single details on the sales agreemenet so this could be the initialy motive?

2. Selling price too low? Well i agreed to that, then DONT AGREE TO THE SALES right from the beginning lah!!! Why f**king waste my time???? geezzz this part really really pissed me off....

3. I called up the banks and turned out they only submitted my application to ONE bank, and they claimed that ALL didnt go thru.

This is the 3rd time i'm buying a car but it's definitely the worst experience!

Friend told me that could be a blessing in disguise becuz i could have ended up with a car that looks nice but full of sh**...it's better to get pissed now then later...

P.S I have a copy of all agreement signed as well as the cheque paid to Vision Cars, just in case if u think i made it up..

Edited by Frenzzsg
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

if it is a good deal, just call their bluff and pay cash for it lah.

it looks like a case of they finding a better selling price for the car instead of the 155k they quoted u.

• Praise 1

why would one go and loan 100% for car of such pricing? anyway it is personal issue...

why you signed and paid then go verified with Stuttgart on the servicing part? mistake...

thanks for sharing...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

90% loan for a 155k car and 5 years old is really not prudent. You should be glad this sale didn't go through.

Edited by Ingenius

Neutral Newbie

If I were the vision sales person,

I would not returned yr 5K deposit,

U paid with yr eyes open,

U dies your business

hahaha...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

U dies your business

hahaha...

U edwin?

Wow! What a turn of events...I was also looking at this car and called Vision, but they said already sold...guess it was to you maybe?

Anyway, thanks for the information - another used car dealer to avoid!

• Praise 1

(edited)

Actually I was looking at one of their cayennes. But the salesman like see me no up. Couldn't really be bothered with me. No follow up or anything. Then now price increased.

I went to get an S300L instead from another dealer.

I remembered they were the company who advertised heavily about returning the money if the customer is not satisfied with the car in 3 days or something? Had a good impression of them until the salesman chut pattern. Bring my business elsewhere.

Edited by Yattokame
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

U dies your business

hahaha...

You just screwed Vision Cars even worse. Well done. [thumbsup]

Btw, this dealer goes into my little black book.

Turbocharged

Honestly I was looking at one of their cayennes. But the salesman like see me no up. Couldn't really be bothered with me. No follow up or anything. Then now price increased.

I went to get an S300L instead from another dealer.

Jeez, even you. :ph34r:

I am going to buy another little black book so I can write Vision Cars twice. -_-

Jeez, even you. :ph34r:

I am going to buy another little black book so I can write Vision Cars twice. -_-

Yes Sir bear, even me.

LOL.

Turbocharged

Yes Sir bear, even me.

LOL.

Ooh. Noticed your Daytona. Heard that it is a very fast watch. What is the 0-100sec? 5.2 km? :huh:

Ooh. Noticed your Daytona. Heard that it is a very fast watch. What is the 0-100sec? 5.2 km? :huh:

Har??? Hahahaha what talking you.??

Anyway.

I noticed a lot of dealers chut stunts nowadays. Cannot take 100% loan also say can take. Lure u in and hope u complete the deal despite the 50% loan being approved. Even the big dealers also pull the same trick.

Turbocharged

Har??? Hahahaha what talking you.??

Anyway.

I noticed a lot of dealers chut stunts nowadays. Cannot take 100% loan also say can take. Lure u in and hope u complete the deal despite the 50% loan being approved. Even the big dealers also pull the same trick.

For all the cars I've owned, I've never purchased one from a 2nd hand car dealer because I cannot last 15 minutes into a conversation with them before asking myself "Do I even have to talk to this person?" Before going totally negative and walk away. That much I have to say about them.

Turbocharged

U dies your business

hahaha...

That is the reason that car forums exist and potential car buyers should always come in and source for information before committing suicide/ purchase.

↡ Advertisement