Any opinion on park and ride scheme? Please share!

Student92

Neutral Newbie

Hey everybody, I'm thinking of giving the park and ride scheme a shot on an adhoc basis. Have any of you tried it? What's your experience like? How early do you reach the carpark and is it difficult to get lots (since it's first come first served)?

I'm going to be working at raffles place for a couple of months and plan to park my car either at the park and ride carpark near buona vista MRT or near queenstown MRT at about 8.15-8.25am in the morn before taking MRT to raffles place.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hey everybody, I'm thinking of giving the park and ride scheme a shot on an adhoc basis. Have any of you tried it? What's your experience like? How early do you reach the carpark and is it difficult to get lots (since it's first come first served)?

I'm going to be working at raffles place for a couple of months and plan to park my car either at the park and ride carpark near buona vista MRT or near queenstown MRT at about 8.15-8.25am in the morn before taking MRT to raffles place.

i am on park and ride, and i've parked at bouna vista carpark before for 1 mth.

1) carpark is super far, walk is 10 mins at least to and from mrt.

2) not very difficult to find lots, normally can park 1 level up.

3) traffic over there is generally bad. as need to pass through clementi. AYE going city/west also always jam. be careful of bus lanes as well because always got enforcer.

Why dont you park at Blk 114A Lor 3 Geylang? It is just beside Kallang MRT....and should have lots around 8.30-9am...but on the roof deck...

Kallang to Raffles Place is nearer.....

Why dont you park at Blk 114A Lor 3 Geylang? It is just beside Kallang MRT....and should have lots around 8.30-9am...but on the roof deck...

Ppl likely stay in the west. That's why ask about Buona Vista. U tell ppl drive pass Raffles Place to park @ Lor 3 Geylang. [laugh] [laugh]

My home carpark is under park and ride scheme. (I don't want to reveal which one)

The first 4 decks are red. White ones for adhoc park and ride are from 5th deck upwards. I think my MSCP has a total of 10 or 12 decks. I am not sure if season park and ride scheme can park in red lots, but usually the red lots are half empty during 9 to 5.

I usually drive off for work around 745am and the first few white decks will be full due to park and riders filling in. Normally in the middle of the day, the whole upper decks will be full except the top 2 decks which are unsheltered. Just sharing my observation.

No problem for the P&R carkpark near Queenstown MRT. There is plenty of car park lots available, so no need to go early whatsoever.

Neutral Newbie

I stay 15min (walk plus lrt ride) away from CCK MRT... That's why enquiring about park and ride carpark located in west.

Neutral Newbie

No problem for the P&R carkpark near Queenstown MRT. There is plenty of car park lots available, so no need to go early whatsoever.

There are 2 P&R carparks at Queenstown. Blk 148A Mei Ling St or Blk53A Strathmore Ave? Which one do you recommend/referring to?

Neutral Newbie

I think this one nearer to Tiong Bahru MRT, you can check the location below link.

Delta Circle Fringe Carpark at Alexandra Road

Car Park Number: D0028

http://www.publictransport.sg/content/publ...arkAndRide.html

Yup, but I feel that the jam I would encounter all the way to Tiong Bahru would be slower than if I had taken MRT throughout instead. So I'm currently considering between the 2 queenstown P&R carparks.

Yup, but I feel that the jam I would encounter all the way to Tiong Bahru would be slower than if I had taken MRT throughout instead. So I'm currently considering between the 2 queenstown P&R carparks.

oh yah, if you exit port down can also save on ERP [laugh]

I park and ride at queenstown area before at blk148A. Not too far and have good shelter walkway to MRT too. Blk 53A should be new as I don't remember seeing it before.

I have seen a variation of the park & ride scheme. Guys drive to Marina Barrage for the free parking. And then take out of the boot their foldie bike and ride into work.

There are 2 P&R carparks at Queenstown. Blk 148A Mei Ling St or Blk53A Strathmore Ave? Which one do you recommend/referring to?

Ops, i am referring to Blk53A Strathmore Ave.

Neutral Newbie

I park and ride at queenstown area before at blk148A. Not too far and have good shelter walkway to MRT too. Blk 53A should be new as I don't remember seeing it before.

Thanks for the info : )

Neutral Newbie

Ops, i am referring to Blk53A Strathmore Ave.

Thanks for the info too! By the way, is there sheltered walkway to MRT like the other P&R carpark at Mei Ling Street?

Neutral Newbie

oh yah, if you exit port down can also save on ERP [laugh]

Haha saving on ERP means more traffic jam?