Any opinion on park and ride scheme? Please share!

Student92

Neutral Newbie

Bro, anyone tried to park at the Bishan St13 carpark before? is it easy to find lot there?

thank you

↡ Advertisement

Bro, anyone tried to park at the Bishan St13 carpark before? is it easy to find lot there?

thank you

Last time when i was stationed at Tanjong Pagar. I tried to get Park&Ride at Bishan it was really hard as it sold out quite fast. End up i got the one at Blk 925 Yishun.

If you don't mind you can get the one at Yio Chu Kang but its open air car park.

Neutral Newbie

Last time when i was stationed at Tanjong Pagar. I tried to get Park&Ride at Bishan it was really hard as it sold out quite fast. End up i got the one at Blk 925 Yishun.

If you don't mind you can get the one at Yio Chu Kang but its open air car park.

u mean the one at the sports complex right?

thanx bro, i think i will try this..

Still, for some commuters, Park & Ride has been beneficial. Mr Tan Wee Sheng, 41, a hospital executive, has been using the scheme for about 1½ years. Every morning, he drives from Tampines to Toa Payoh, leaves his car at a carpark there and takes the train to Novena. He said: "The scheme helps me save a lot. If I park at my office, it's $20 a day. But Park & Ride is $70 for the whole month."

He has considered taking public transport for the entire journey to the office, but said: "Since I already own a car, I can't just be parking it at home all day."

Weird logic.... might as well sell his car.

Still, for some commuters, Park & Ride has been beneficial. Mr Tan Wee Sheng, 41, a hospital executive, has been using the scheme for about 1½ years. Every morning, he drives from Tampines to Toa Payoh, leaves his car at a carpark there and takes the train to Novena. He said: "The scheme helps me save a lot. If I park at my office, it's $20 a day. But Park & Ride is $70 for the whole month."

He has considered taking public transport for the entire journey to the office, but said: "Since I already own a car, I can't just be parking it at home all day."

he will after the COE expire [laugh]

Oh dear.

That means those IT folks at OCBC and contractors will no longer have cheap parkings..

Problem with the Park and ride has always being the Parking lots are so far away that it does not make sense to park and walk two timezone away just to take the train. 

So anyone who wants a parking where only the very senior folks have a lot at the building will luck out.

Sounds like no one really bothered to look at the Park and ride scheme for a end to end solution and was implemented because of a tick in the box.

Now that someone take notice of the landscape of park and ride, it became a relook at why the scheme did not make sense. After soooooo many years, than look at the scheme ?

Would it not be a better idea to improve on the park and ride or have we being reduced to a generation of "Mac" solution. Quick fixes and else "just give up"

• Praise 1

Im staying at Pasir Ris, and pnr at kallang, to travel to raffles place.

Weird people a lot.

He could have sold his car and save a lot of money.

But he still wants to drive, just a little bit closer to his destination and still take public transport, when he could have just taken public transport all the way.

Im staying at Pasir Ris, and pnr at kallang, to travel to raffles place.

Is that where Kallang McD is? quite convenience for bfast then take bus or mrt to town area. I used to park at the old stadium before it was gone, 2 bus stop from Suntec, many CBD people park there. 

Weird people a lot.

But he still wants to drive, just a little bit closer to his destination and still take public transport, when he could have just taken public transport all the way.

From tampines to novena... Taking public transport will take him super long hours. And high chance, he will be standing throughout the journey.

He may have other family commitments as well, eg fetching small children or elderlys parents.

Is that where Kallang McD is? quite convenience for bfast then take bus or mrt to town area. I used to park at the old stadium before it was gone, 2 bus stop from Suntec, many CBD people park there.

Nope. Geylang lor 3.

From tampines to novena... Taking public transport will take him super long hours. And high chance, he will be standing throughout the journey.

He may have other family commitments as well, eg fetching small children or elderlys parents.

During peak hours, there's the traffic jam. mrt, when it's working is probably much faster.

Unless he can't bear standing throughout the journey, then nothing to say.

As for families, you can always take taxi, when needed.

There are alternatives, but if you still insist on having and keeping a car, it's going to be costly.

Everyday you keep your car, whether it's moving or not, is costing you money in terms of depreciation, COE, etc.

• Praise 1

Weird people a lot.

If he wants to own a car, maybe he should covert his car to opc, at least better than normal plate. But i think many people drive and park at park and ride carpark and continue their journey by public transport. Actually it is quite a good way to reduce expensive parking at workplace.

For those more calculative, I would ask if the P&R allows you to park next to a MRT station ? Walk a bit into the station or do you need to walk 100m or more, across a couple of roads ?

If the latter, surely you can also walk to a bus stop or train from your house, makes little difference.

Also the car you own, moving or not, is costing you at least $50 daily. Add that into your transport cost.

LTA said some motorists who have likely been using the Park & Ride scheme as a cheap form of parking, which defeats the purpose of the scheme?! How they know ah?

Oh dear.

That means those IT folks at OCBC and contractors will no longer have cheap parkings..

Problem with the Park and ride has always being the Parking lots are so far away that it does not make sense to park and walk two timezone away just to take the train.

So anyone who wants a parking where only the very senior folks have a lot at the building will luck out.

Sounds like no one really bothered to look at the Park and ride scheme for a end to end solution and was implemented because of a tick in the box.

Now that someone take notice of the landscape of park and ride, it became a relook at why the scheme did not make sense. After soooooo many years, than look at the scheme ?

Would it not be a better idea to improve on the park and ride or have we being reduced to a generation of "Mac" solution. Quick fixes and else "just give up"

Thats not true, I do park and ride at toa payoh and it's at most a 5 min walk. There's also a sheltered walk way in case of rain. It's really a cheap alternative for those working in the cbd

LTA said some motorists who have likely been using the Park & Ride scheme as a cheap form of parking, which defeats the purpose of the scheme?! How they know ah?

P&R has a dedicated ezlink card. So maybe some of these ezlink cards' value are not used ?  or usage not in sync with the P&R location ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1