Satellite still years away Tuck

• Search this thread
71 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

After about two years of tests and trials, the Government has concluded that a satellite-based electronic road pricing (ERP) system, which can charge according to distance travelled, is likely to be feasible in Singapore.

The system will also be able to facilitate paperless street-side parking as well as dynamic charges for off-peak car use.

However, Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said that "it will be several more years" before the new-generation ERP system can be implemented.

Speaking during a visit to the upcoming Marina Coastal Expressway yesterday, Mr Lui took pains to reassure motorists that they are unlikely to have to pay more with the new system.

Source: http://www.straitsti...ck-yew-20130517
NwŻl tash. Dzwol sh‚sotkun. Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.
TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan. MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.
AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak. Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Never believe what a PAP guy say.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Genes
  • Genes
    Turbocharged

They will implement it some time around 2017, I believe.
iPhone or iMia?

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Picnic06
  • Premium member
    Picnic06
    2Fast2Furious

hur.... blink.gif blink.gif

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Terencemk
  • Terencemk
    Neutral Newbie

Nuts! This will affect public transport pricing most!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Proton_neutron
  • Proton_neutron
    6th Gear

Believe that what they think of implementing will be implemented.

But don't take their words that it won't cost us citizens. It WILL ALWAYS COST our $$$....

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    NOS-ed

hur.... blink.gif blink.gif

Don't understand never mind. Maybe it's too cheem for you.

But I hope this sentence you can understand:

Speaking during a visit to the upcoming Marina Coastal Expressway yesterday, Mr Lui took pains to reassure motorists that they are unlikely to have to pay more with the new system.

You believe?? rolleyes.gif

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Gizmo
  • Gizmo
    2nd Gear

Equivalent to taxi charging customer base on distance

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Ungtiong
  • Ungtiong
    4th Gear

system is good and bad...main aim to make the same $$ for gov and a bit more...that is expected so no point arguing....if you want gov to take less from drivers, they have to take more from others...

bad is driver like me, i almost never go thru ERP so i go from paying almost $0 to a significant sum...but those whos workplace to home need to go thru ERP will enjoy the benefits. I will pay to cover the 'loss' from these guys.

is it fairer? yes if you talk about the a fair taxing system for the whole of singapore. No if you are talking about controlling traffic. I choose to drive to less crowded, less popular area and if i will be penalize for it, i rather go to a nicer place.

What LTY say is correct, on average the cost per driver will most likely be the same..... just some will pay a lot less, some pay a lot more. the budget for the system will be taken from somewhere else...motorist may not pay more, but residents will..

Edited by Ungtiong, 17 May 2013 - 01:18 PM.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Ghostrider
  • Premium member
    Ghostrider
    Supercharged

Should make people pay more...that is what ERP is for...control road traffic...

Make it costly to use the road...then people will think twice before buying a car or even buying a car.

Make it cheap to own a car....expensive to use.
I got no signature ??

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Proton_neutron
  • Proton_neutron
    6th Gear

$1/km will hurt. Enough said. Government will likely charge much lesser than $1/km, which to many motorist, they will still continue driving as it does not hurt.

What if petrol costs $4/L (profits shared between petrol company and government in terms of taxes)??
Coupon parking will cost $2/hr??
HDB Season parking will cost $150/month for MSCP and $125/month for open carparks??
Road tax for 3000cc and below cars will cost $1/engine cc/year and for above 3000cc it'll be $2.25/engine cc/year??

Our government still wants Singaporeans to be able to buy a car. But to use a car; Be prepared for higher usage costs to run a car on the roads. Haha.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Proton_neutron
  • Proton_neutron
    6th Gear

Many countries look at Singapore with our super high tax on vehicles. But still, many people can afford to drive and all.

Be prepared to be charged more to use the road.

Seriously.

Transport ministry already hinted that we are nearing the limit to building more roads. They need to control how motorist use our cars.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Picnic06
  • Premium member
    Picnic06
    2Fast2Furious

Don't understand never mind. Maybe it's too cheem for you.

But I hope this sentence you can understand:

You believe?? rolleyes.gif

Didn't pay more on what, thats he never says .... angry.gif

Didn't pay more on road tax, coe, import tax, parking .... blink.gif

but, charging by the length of distance one use is as good as like a taxi fare, charging by distance .... furious.gif

after that, just like taxi, Peak period, midnight surcharge, entering CBD, restricted hours, eve & public holidays extra $1/- ..... etc.

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Subutai
  • Premium member
    Subutai
    5th Gear

Should make people pay more...that is what ERP is for...control road traffic...

Make it costly to use the road...then people will think twice before buying a car or even buying a car.

Make it cheap to own a car....expensive to use.

Eh... it will give rise to another potiential problem, not enough space for parking!
So parking pricing will go up.
Keeping quiet doesn't mean that I agree with you, it means I am evaluating you.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    NOS-ed

2015 is also years away!

biggrin.gif
Breastmilk is Best
Once you try an Okamoto condom You'll never use anything else. How true! Now I never use anything.
Road hoggers are all gay men that love to be taken from behind.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

Ghostrider
  • Premium member
    Ghostrider
    Supercharged

Eh... it will give rise to another potiential problem, not enough space for parking!
So parking pricing will go up.

Parking problem can be solved easier than congested roads. Just build a 15 floor MSCP lor...hahahahha

I got no signature ??

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Tianake
  • Premium member
    Tianake
    3rd Gear

after the election bah?
Hahaha.

Can we pool money and get some countries to shoot down the ERP satellite?

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Ckchong8
  • Premium member
    Ckchong8
    4th Gear

Invested in erp of course have to collect back first plus profit then consider maybe...

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    NOS-ed

Distanced based works for me since my car moves very rarely. But only fair if road tax removed together with such implementation.

Edited by Mockngbrd, 17 May 2013 - 02:33 PM.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Xers007
  • Premium member
    Xers007
    6th Gear

Parking problem can be solved easier than congested roads. Just build a 15 floor MSCP lor...hahahahha

nonono dont even go there.... everyday i drive 7 storeys up and down my MSCP (total 9 storeys of parking lots) is enuff to curse and swear... cant imagine they build it higher..

Back to the same old days...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top
SgCarMart Quotz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users