Satellite ERP still years away: Lui Tuck Yew

Darthrevan

erp1705e.jpg

After about two years of tests and trials, the Government has concluded that a satellite-based electronic road pricing (ERP) system, which can charge according to distance travelled, is likely to be feasible in Singapore.

The system will also be able to facilitate paperless street-side parking as well as dynamic charges for off-peak car use.

However, Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said that "it will be several more years" before the new-generation ERP system can be implemented.

Speaking during a visit to the upcoming Marina Coastal Expressway yesterday, Mr Lui took pains to reassure motorists that they are unlikely to have to pay more with the new system.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/...ck-yew-20130517

↡ Advertisement

Never believe what a PAP guy say.

Believe that what they think of implementing will be implemented.

But don't take their words that it won't cost us citizens. It WILL ALWAYS COST our $$$....

Hypersonic

hur.... :blink::blink:

Don't understand never mind. Maybe it's too cheem for you.

But I hope this sentence you can understand:

Speaking during a visit to the upcoming Marina Coastal Expressway yesterday, Mr Lui took pains to reassure motorists that they are unlikely to have to pay more with the new system.

You believe?? [rolleyes]

(edited)

system is good and bad...main aim to make the same $$ for gov and a bit more...that is expected so no point arguing....if you want gov to take less from drivers, they have to take more from others...

bad is driver like me, i almost never go thru ERP so i go from paying almost $0 to a significant sum...but those whos workplace to home need to go thru ERP will enjoy the benefits. I will pay to cover the 'loss' from these guys.

is it fairer? yes if you talk about the a fair taxing system for the whole of singapore. No if you are talking about controlling traffic. I choose to drive to less crowded, less popular area and if i will be penalize for it, i rather go to a nicer place.

What LTY say is correct, on average the cost per driver will most likely be the same..... just some will pay a lot less, some pay a lot more. the budget for the system will be taken from somewhere else...motorist may not pay more, but residents will..

Edited by Ungtiong

Should make people pay more...that is what ERP is for...control road traffic...

Make it costly to use the road...then people will think twice before buying a car or even buying a car.

Make it cheap to own a car....expensive to use.

$1/km will hurt. Enough said. Government will likely charge much lesser than $1/km, which to many motorist, they will still continue driving as it does not hurt.

What if petrol costs $4/L (profits shared between petrol company and government in terms of taxes)??

Coupon parking will cost $2/hr??

HDB Season parking will cost $150/month for MSCP and $125/month for open carparks??

Road tax for 3000cc and below cars will cost $1/engine cc/year and for above 3000cc it'll be $2.25/engine cc/year??

Our government still wants Singaporeans to be able to buy a car. But to use a car; Be prepared for higher usage costs to run a car on the roads. Haha.

Many countries look at Singapore with our super high tax on vehicles. But still, many people can afford to drive and all.

Be prepared to be charged more to use the road.

Seriously.

Transport ministry already hinted that we are nearing the limit to building more roads. They need to control how motorist use our cars.

Don't understand never mind. Maybe it's too cheem for you.

But I hope this sentence you can understand:

You believe?? [rolleyes]

Didn't pay more on what, thats he never says .... :angry:

Didn't pay more on road tax, coe, import tax, parking .... :blink:

but, charging by the length of distance one use is as good as like a taxi fare, charging by distance .... [furious]

after that, just like taxi, Peak period, midnight surcharge, entering CBD, restricted hours, eve & public holidays extra $1/- ..... etc.

Should make people pay more...that is what ERP is for...control road traffic...

Make it costly to use the road...then people will think twice before buying a car or even buying a car.

Make it cheap to own a car....expensive to use.

Eh... it will give rise to another potiential problem, not enough space for parking!

So parking pricing will go up.

Eh... it will give rise to another potiential problem, not enough space for parking!

So parking pricing will go up.

Parking problem can be solved easier than congested roads. Just build a 15 floor MSCP lor...hahahahha

They will implement it some time around 2017, I believe.

after the election bah?

Hahaha.

Can we pool money and get some countries to shoot down the ERP satellite?

They will implement it some time around 2017, I believe.

Invested in erp of course have to collect back first plus profit then consider maybe...

↡ Advertisement