Search
Satellite still years away Tuck

• Search this thread
71 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Deckbuild
  • Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I wont mind to try this feature. but thing is when we going out of SG, will it still workable?

Errr, why do you need it to work when the car is out of SG, also how to implement it on foreign vehicle? They can do millions of loops and pay zero....

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

They will implement it some time around 2017, I believe.

oh yeah laugh.gif

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    Turbocharged

Completely paperless parking and the ability to track down a stolen car were some of the possible benefits Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said might come about if the Land Transport Authority (LTA) goes ahead with the next-generation Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) system using global navigation satellite systems.

Speaking during a visit to the Marina Coastal Expressway yesterday, he said the new ERP system — whose working name is ERP2 — is a "smart technology" that would allow the LTA to provide value-added services and travel-related information through an On-Board Unit (OBU) that would replace the current In-Vehicle Unit (IU).

"Insurance companies may consider devising packages offering lower premiums for motorists clocking lower mileage, if that can be determined accurately enough using ERP2," added Mr Lui.

ERP2 could also help by making purchasing and displaying paper coupons obsolete by letting drivers pay through the OBU, and let off-peak cars (OPC) automatically pay for a day licence rather than having to head to an AXS machine or online.

ERP2 might even be able to allow drivers of red-plated cars pay less than the flat S$20 currently, said Mr Lui. He noted that sometimes "(drivers) do not need to use the car for the whole day". "Even if (they) do, (they) may well be using the car on roads that are not congested," he added. As such, ERP2 might let the LTA charge OPC drivers according to how much they drive "either by location or by time" such that motorists only pay for what they use, he said.

Source: http://www.todayonli...-gen-erp-system
Nwűl tash. Dzwol shâsotkun. Shâsotjontű châtsatul nu tyűk.
Tyűkjontű châtsatul nu midwan. Midwanjontű châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontű kotswinot itsu nuyak. Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Deckbuild
  • Deckbuild
    Supercharged

No privacy at all, also if I travel to Malaysia means I have to pay alot more insurance??
Come on man, our cars only have 10 years life spend in SG, and yet they want us to park at home and don't drive, maybe thats their ultimate aim...

Also travel longer distance doesn't mean higher accident rate.....

Edited by Deckbuild, 17 May 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    NOS-ed

"Insurance companies may consider devising packages offering lower premiums for motorists clocking lower mileage, if that can be determined accurately enough using ERP2," added Mr Lui.

Best for me.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Tiger1
  • Premium member
    Tiger1
    5th Gear

Never believe what a PAP guy say.

Sorry hor. He said "likely" and other politically "corecttt" words. In summary, it mean "ai lai liao" "confirm can do". Till now still dun knw their patern?

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    NOS-ed

system is good and bad...main aim to make the same $$ for gov and a bit more...that is expected so no point arguing....if you want gov to take less from drivers, they have to take more from others...

bad is driver like me, i almost never go thru ERP so i go from paying almost $0 to a significant sum...but those whos workplace to home need to go thru ERP will enjoy the benefits. I will pay to cover the 'loss' from these guys.

is it fairer? yes if you talk about the a fair taxing system for the whole of singapore. No if you are talking about controlling traffic. I choose to drive to less crowded, less popular area and if i will be penalize for it, i rather go to a nicer place.

What LTY say is correct, on average the cost per driver will most likely be the same..... just some will pay a lot less, some pay a lot more. the budget for the system will be taken from somewhere else...motorist may not pay more, but residents will..

Good? Of course! But, good for who?

It's for the exact reason you have stated that they are going into this 'cos they do not need to erect any more ERP gantries. What it means is, every KM you travel, you pay.

Since you hardly pay ERP now, you will pay ERP everyday, here and there, everywhere with the new system! You feel shoik?

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    NOS-ed

Completely paperless parking and the ability to track down a stolen car were some of the possible benefits Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew said might come about if the Land Transport Authority (LTA) goes ahead with the next-generation Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) system using global navigation satellite systems.

Speaking during a visit to the Marina Coastal Expressway yesterday, he said the new ERP system — whose working name is ERP2 — is a "smart technology" that would allow the LTA to provide value-added services and travel-related information through an On-Board Unit (OBU) that would replace the current In-Vehicle Unit (IU).

ERP2 could also help by making purchasing and displaying paper coupons obsolete by letting drivers pay through the OBU, and let off-peak cars (OPC) automatically pay for a day licence rather than having to head to an AXS machine or online.

ERP2 might even be able to allow drivers of red-plated cars pay less than the flat S$20 currently, said Mr Lui. He noted that sometimes "(drivers) do not need to use the car for the whole day". "Even if (they) do, (they) may well be using the car on roads that are not congested," he added. As such, ERP2 might let the LTA charge OPC drivers according to how much they drive "either by location or by time" such that motorists only pay for what they use, he said.

Source: http://www.todayonli...-gen-erp-system

Crazy! By that time, no need OPC scheme since this method of charging is so tak kong.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Wishxsr
  • Premium member
    Wishxsr
    3rd Gear

This Lui Tuck Wai is 2nd Mah Bow Tan..ever since he become transport Minister, Coe..fares ,erp have been increase tremendously. I think he wont be able to sit on this post after Ge2016.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    Turbocharged

This Lui Tuck Wai is 2nd Mah Bow Tan..ever since he become transport Minister, Coe..fares ,erp have been increase tremendously. I think he wont be able to sit on this post after Ge2016.

Ever cross your mind that there would be 3rd MBT, regardless of the next GE results?

Edited by Toothiewabbit, 17 May 2013 - 08:06 PM.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear

Never believe what a PAP guy say.

Agree 50 year comes and goes so fast. Dun play play...year to come maybe just next week
If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    NOS-ed

bigcry.gif Really bad news for me... I clock nearly 100km per day..... damn.... if $0.50 a click also $50 already....

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Cluboxed
  • Premium member
    Cluboxed
    5th Gear

They will implement it some time around 2017, I believe.

definitely after the next GE

2006 : Toyota Soluna
2009 : Honda Civic 1.8
2011 : Honda Civic Type R - Our Red 'H'. You'll only find it on our Formula 1 and Type R cars. It symbolizes Honda's racing challenge; to deliver a car engineered for pure exhilarating performance.

YNWA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Wongwings
  • Wongwings
    1st Gear

It will come true after GE 2016. Tuck Yew says you've been warned! ohmy.gif

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Tiger1
  • Premium member
    Tiger1
    5th Gear

It will come true after GE 2016. Tuck Yew says you've been warned! ohmy.gif

Tui! I no scarred. wave.gif

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Proton_neutron
  • Proton_neutron
    6th Gear

I bet there'll be bundled deals; Like those who travel 20km/day or less pay $0.20/km. Those who travel more than 100km/day still pay $0.20/km but after less rebates, will amount to $0.17685/km. Haha.

Something like transfer rebates when taking bus.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    NOS-ed

I bet there'll be bundled deals; Like those who travel 20km/day or less pay $0.20/km. Those who travel more than 100km/day still pay $0.20/km but after less rebates, will amount to $0.17685/km. Haha.

Something like transfer rebates when taking bus.

Hmmmm, so if I clock only 98km, I better drive another round in carpark to hit 100km... wacko.gif

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    NOS-ed

bigcry.gif Really bad news for me... I clock nearly 100km per day..... damn.... if $0.50 a click also $50 already....

thats quite crazy. in SG?

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Carbine-
  • Premium member
    Carbine-
    3rd Gear

s--t....i think 2016 then they will announce the new GPS/GNSS ERP System?
(GGES)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    6th Gear

Hmmmm, so if I clock only 98km, I better drive another round in carpark to hit 100km... wacko.gif

Within a building can't detect GPS signal.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top
SgCarMart Quotz

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users