34 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Extremme
    Extremme

Hi, I am thinking of investing in a Kids GPS tracker. I was searching around and it seems most of which needs a sim card. As I travel alot with my kids, I am worried about the autoroam charges.

Hence I am keen in those that do not need a sim card but rather just a GPS system. Thus far I manage to find one which is affordable and has a per use charge.

http://www.gpsmagazi...hp#.UZb7jqPmjFo

Anyone has invested in a good and affordable Kids tracker device to recommend? Thks

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Jtb
    Jtb

Hi, I am thinking of investing in a Kids GPS tracker. I was searching around and it seems most of which needs a sim card. As I travel alot with my kids, I am worried about the autoroam charges.

Hence I am keen in those that do not need a sim card but rather just a GPS system. Thus far I manage to find one which is affordable and has a per use charge.

Anyone has invested in a good and affordable Kids tracker device to recommend? Thks

amazon has alot

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Extremme
    Extremme

I wanted to buy those without the need to use sim card. Maybe like the link I attached. Based on per use or monthly subscription.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Ahwhye
  • Ahwhye

gps tracker need some way to comm with the main server or monitoring party, typically using cellular ie sim card lah.....
the model that you linked is used in usa only, cause they are also using one of the usa cellphone carrier....

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Raymondism
    Raymondism

there are two parts to this type of device.. the gps receiver portion that pinpoints the device location by receiving signals from satellites.... n the transmitter portion using a simcard (on gsm network)

its like asking for a device that u can type a document n print but u dun wan the printer...

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Extremme
    Extremme

thks guys for the insight....

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

Ysc3
    Ysc3

its been 3 years ... so anyone has a good recommendation for a personal gps tracker ?

my boy just entered nursery this year and the school will bring them outside for trips so I want to get a reliable tracker to put on him for safety.

any recommendation ? something small like a keychain would be better so can just hook it on his uniform.

sim card ones is ok ... since i'll be getting a prepaid card ... and the data consumption is very little.

Edited by Ysc3, 01 February 2017 - 11:28 AM.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

• Jman888

its been 3 years ... so anyone has a good recommendation for a personal gps tracker ?

my boy just entered nursery this year and the school will bring them outside for trips so I want to get a reliable tracker to put on him for safety.

any recommendation ? something small like a keychain would be better so can just hook it on his uniform.

sim card ones is ok ... since i'll be getting a prepaid card ... and the data consumption is very little.

never use it before but this one should be small enough. i maintain my wife google account in my phone and turn on her google timeline, can always see where she go   [sly]

http://www.lazada.sg...ck-8714771.html

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:00 PM

Lurpsexx
    Lurpsexx

Buy from Qoo10 or Aliexpress.. those colorful tracker watch (3G) that he can wear all the time.. no point keychain type as u not tracking his bag but the kid himself.

Take note buy those 3G type and not Edge or GSM (2G) type as SG on 1 Apr will shut down 2G network..

Cost abt 30+ sgd..

Lala81 praised this

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:58 PM

Ysc3
    Ysc3

Buy from Qoo10 or Aliexpress.. those colorful tracker watch (3G) that he can wear all the time.. no point keychain type as u not tracking his bag but the kid himself.

Take note buy those 3G type and not Edge or GSM (2G) type as SG on 1 Apr will shut down 2G network..

Cost abt 30+ sgd..

been there ... the $30 ones are the 2G models ... the 3G models are about $80.

children are sometimes very irritated by the things they wear ... so I was thinking of a keychain instead of a watch so maybe I can clip it onto his uniform instead of making him wear it on his wrist.

never use it before but this one should be small enough. i maintain my wife google account in my phone and turn on her google timeline, can always see where she go   [sly]

http://www.lazada.sg...ck-8714771.html

so does it come with proprietary app to view the map ? and real time or only timeline ?

Mustank praised this

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:24 PM

Count-Bracula

Back in the '70s long long ago, I have seen in shopping arcades/pasar malams, adults using raffia string.
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

Xtrah
    Xtrah

been there ... the $30 ones are the 2G models ... the 3G models are about $80.

children are sometimes very irritated by the things they wear ... so I was thinking of a keychain instead of a watch so maybe I can clip it onto his uniform instead of making him wear it on his wrist.

so does it come with proprietary app to view the map ? and real time or only timeline ?

Get the 3G models since 2G are no longer in service by telco. And 3G have better tracking performance than 2G network.

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

Adrianli
    Adrianli

I am using this one : http://www.banggood....l?rmmds=myorder

So far so good. One single charge, the battery can last more than one day.

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria

I am using this one : http://www.banggood....l?rmmds=myorder

This kind of device is scary. Wife can stick it on your car surreptitiously and monitor your movement [laugh]

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

Wildfaye29
  • Wildfaye29

everyone has a phone nowadays - use find my kids on android

need data/internet/wifi to work

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

Ender
    Ender

Spec says 2G+... Singapore cannot use

"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

Adrianli
    Adrianli

Spec says 2G+... Singapore cannot use

Cannot be leh. It is working leh. I am using it right now.

I put it in my car and can track where my car is. See attached screenshot of my activity this morning. No more 2G network liao right? But it is still working.

Screenshot_GPS tracker history.jpg

Mustank praised this

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

Ender
    Ender

Cannot be leh. It is working leh. I am using it right now.

I put it in my car and can track where my car is. See attached screenshot of my activity this morning. No more 2G network liao right? But it is still working.

Screenshot_GPS tracker history.jpg

Don't know also. Maybe spec is wrong. Then good lor.
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Vratenza
    Vratenza

I like the website name already....  :D 

Mustank praised this
#notmypresident

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:09 AM

Mustank