Alfa gt 2jts or 2.2 . is it a gd buy to drive till scrap??

Dezouk

Need some opinions as my bro lookin to get one. Any bros here hv experience on it? Maintenance wise n parts

↡ Advertisement

the GT comes in 1.8 manual, 2 litre JTS with selespeed (don't rem if there's a manual) and 3.2 (can't rem if they're manual or selespeed)

maintenance wise u can go to alfa sportivo (my preference) or alfa city

parts are easy. of course, try to avoid the selespeed - the manual ones should have less problems.

enjoy your ride!

I see.. but my bro dont hv manual licence lol only can buy auto..jialat lor in that case. Selepsp really that bad ?

I see.. but my bro dont hv manual licence lol only can buy auto..jialat lor in that case. Selepsp really that bad ?

heng suay one lah. that's why we call it sillyspeed. although the sillyspeed on the 159 could be better.

my 156JTS selespeed broke down 3 times I remember. its more of the inconvenience. but damn fun to drive lah :)

my Brera had the automatic gear but that's only for the 3.2 V6. and honestly the autobox is....lousy. it really lets the car down.

Need some opinions as my bro lookin to get one. Any bros here hv experience on it? Maintenance wise n parts

I'm driving the Alfa GT 1.8 Manual. Go for the manual if you can find one. Heard that there is only 20 running around in Singapore. Drove the car for 7.5 years and the car has not broken down even once.

The GT eats battery though. No matter the brand, the battery will kaput within 1.5 years.

Alfa Romeo, ahh i love it so much, you can't claim yourselves a car lover without driving one (the Alfa) in your lifetime.

i drove a 156 selespeed b/f, and best part is when you throttle down by down shifting the sound is italian, superb, cornering, even style is all italian.

you can put the 156 out in the street n put any new models beside her, n yet you still find 156 curves stealing the attention.

in fact, i find many cars try to copy 156 design, from the lamp, the curve, the hidden back door knobs even. the grill. the unique carplate left position

well you will find friends, relatives asking why alfa? this n that... but i always just smile and i know they calculate n weigh everything b/f they buy. nothing's wrong. but not for a motor head with italian blood running inside you. is about unique, style, n the spirit.

Am not shame to tell u that am like your typical friends, relatives now, i let go after 5 years, now driving a budget 1,1 litre car.

U got to drive a italian in your lifetime.

end of story

(edited)

Alfa Romeo, ahh i love it so much, you can't claim yourselves a car lover without driving one (the Alfa) in your lifetime.

Without owning one you mean. hehe.

I really like Alfas, but will never buy one sadly. Maybe until the Mazdafla-MX5pider comes along.

Edited by Mockngbrd

heng suay one lah. that's why we call it sillyspeed. although the sillyspeed on the 159 could be better.

my 156JTS selespeed broke down 3 times I remember. its more of the inconvenience. but damn fun to drive lah :)

my Brera had the automatic gear but that's only for the 3.2 V6. and honestly the autobox is....lousy. it really lets the car down.

Come to think of it

Since selepeed is semi-manual

Auto license can drive? Lol

Come to think of it

Since selepeed is semi-manual

Auto license can drive? Lol

i think can because there is no need to work the clutch pedal, and it comes with city(auto) mode. Just like DSG.

Also come to think of it, alfa's selespeed is the "pedal shift" at that time also not forgetting BMW triptronic.

well u can consider both the early days of pedal shift.

and the 2 litre 24v twin sparks is the best designed 2 litre engine.

i recalled most alfa heads only fed the engine with Selenia oil no other brand.

selenia is italian, needless to say.

Also the FIAT coupe the 5 cylinder engine, really can't find that on the road.

i have never hear the roar of the 2 litre 24v twin sparks. However, i heard alot of it in oversea forum. The legend said if you rev it to 6krpm and above, her "moaning" is music to any petrol head.

I dun recommend selespeed for no manual license drivers cos one shd hv awareness of gear shifting.

Its not tat bad, just not too smooth if driven in auto n higher maintenance cost.

I feel the reliability of selespeed has been rather blown out of proportion here.

All I can say is that I've had 4 years of utter and complete problem-free selespeed motoring... [:p]

(edited)

Also come to think of it, alfa's selespeed is the "pedal shift" at that time also not forgetting BMW triptronic.

well u can consider both the early days of pedal shift.

and the 2 litre 24v twin sparks is the best designed 2 litre engine.

i recalled most alfa heads only fed the engine with Selenia oil no other brand.

selenia is italian, needless to say.

Also the FIAT coupe the 5 cylinder engine, really can't find that on the road.

tiptronic you mean, on Porsches. But different. Tips are still essentially slushboxes.

Unless you are talking about BMW SMG, which is pretty much as reliable as the selespeed i guess.

Edited by Mockngbrd

tiptronic you mean, on Porsches. But different. Tips are still essentially slushboxes.

Unless you are talking about BMW SMG, which is pretty much as reliable as the selespeed i guess.

yes u r right is the SMG

selespeed, the obvious thing u will find is the jerk when change gear

Hi,

I got a used Alfa 159 2.2 JTS recently and it's giving me headache and heartache. [mad]

The warning lights for the ASR, ABS and VDC get activated 4 times since I got the car 3 weeks ago.

On the first other occasion, it happened along CTE when I was caught in a traffic jam.

Immediately I had the car checked and was told there's no issue with the car.

Then It happened again on another 3 occasions when I stopped the car at the traffic light junction and the car get stalled. I had to remove the electronic key, insert it back before I can get it started

Anyone encounter this problem?

Appreciate your expert advice on what is the cause and how do go about getting it rectified

Am regretting getting it.....

Hi,

I got a used Alfa 159 2.2 JTS recently and it's giving me headache and heartache. [mad]

The warning lights for the ASR, ABS and VDC get activated 4 times since I got the car 3 weeks ago.

On the first other occasion, it happened along CTE when I was caught in a traffic jam.

Immediately I had the car checked and was told there's no issue with the car.

Then It happened again on another 3 occasions when I stopped the car at the traffic light junction and the car get stalled. I had to remove the electronic key, insert it back before I can get it started

Anyone encounter this problem?

Appreciate your expert advice on what is the cause and how do go about getting it rectified

Am regretting getting it.....

Check your battery. Low voltage is known to bring on all these lights. Check your alternator too.

Now that you mentioned about the battery and alternator, I did noticed something strange about the multifunction display screen :

Sometimes the display screen gets slightly dimmer and then brightens up again whilst the car is moving.

I will get the battery and alternator checked.

Thank you Ftco.

↡ Advertisement