Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
222 replies to this topic | 109 praises

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Tonyng
  • Tonyng
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://www.straitsti...returning-20130

I got this idea that tray return would put old aunties and uncles out of jobs, benefit greedy operators and with no savings will be passed to consumers.

Though I always clean up when I know someone is actively waiting for my table.

Otherwise I am not for tray return for now.

Anyone disagree?

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I got this idea that tray return would put old aunties and uncles out of jobs, benefit greedy operators and with no savings will be passed to consumers.

Anyone disagree?

I disagree.

Every time I go food court and those old uncle auntie having to clear my table, my heart feels bad. At that age, they should be retired and enjoying their life. Then again, some may not have the privilege of blissful retirement. If the operators continue to employ them and our simple act of tray return can lessen their workloads, I have no qualms doing that.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyone disagree?

Agree. The savings won't be passed to consumers. Instead, the foodcourt operators will kong lan jiao wei - like, if not because of try return, we would have to raise price even higher......

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Tonyng
  • Tonyng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I disagree.

Every time I go food court and those old uncle auntie having to clear my table, my heart feels bad. At that age, they should be retired and enjoying their life. Then again, some may not have the privilege of blissful retirement. If the operators continue to employ them and our simple act of tray return can lessen their workloads, I have no qualms doing that.

I agree with you.

But how do you know operators with keep their employment?

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Agree. The savings won't be passed to consumers. Instead, the foodcourt operators will kong lan jiao wei - like, if not because of try return, we would have to raise price even higher......

Got savings meh? Someone still have to send the tray and plates for cleaning. Someone still have to clean the table.

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

there are still stuff like wiping tables from spills. Moving the trays to collection points.
I don't tink they will be out of a job cos there is a self clearing tray campaign.

Usually i hand the tray to the uncle/aunty at the collection point. Rather than having them to trot over and carry it back.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

In coffee shop one should return tray also ?
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Got savings meh? Someone still have to send the tray and plates for cleaning. Someone still have to clean the table.

maybe lesser headcount required.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

dun talk like ALL the staff working as cleaner are LOCAL old uncles and aunties....

90% of them i see today are FW sleep.gif

Anyone disagree?

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I agree with you.

But how do you know operators with keep their employment?

As it is, there aren't enough cleaners in food courts already. Sometimes during peak times, nobody clears the table for good 5-10min. If the operators are to sack those existing cleaners, don't think the situation will improve much. If it gets worse, patrons will jolly well bring their business to restaurants instead. I don't really think they are trying to reduce the number of cleaners.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Tonyng
  • Tonyng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

there are still stuff like wiping tables from spills. Moving the trays to collection points.
I don't tink they will be out of a job cos there is a self clearing tray campaign.

Usually i hand the tray to the uncle/aunty at the collection point. Rather than having them to trot over and carry it back.

I also agree with you.

But as an example, operator I need 5 staff before - 3 old ah aunties, 2 young FTs.

Now I need 3 since work is less.

2 will need to go - who should I ask to leave?

Any F and B people here to shed light?

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

maybe lesser headcount required.

Don't think will lessen the numbers but definitely won't increase dry.gif

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

dun talk like ALL the staff working as cleaner are LOCAL old uncles and aunties....

Don't think it's as high as 90% lah. Maybe 50-60%.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Tonyng
  • Tonyng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I give you 10% are locals then - though I am not sure.

But these 10% really really really need their jobs.

So how?

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Hibeam2
  • Hibeam2
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I disagree.

Act of tray return will not lessen their workload. In fact, it'll "eliminate" their workload.
Operators will find them redundant and they'll be out of job in no time. Its all about dollars and cents to them.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Act of tray return will not lessen their workload. In fact, it'll "eliminate" their workload.
Operators will find them redundant and they'll be out of job in no time. Its all about dollars and cents to them.

Someone still have to wipe tables, no? At present, they have to clear AND wipe tables. That's so slow. If the tables are cleared, they can just wipe and diners can order food and eat quicker and then leave. More people can then eat there. In a way, it's already a win-win situation for operators.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyone disagree?

many many years ago, there were many illegal hawkers
to better public health and maybe for any other reasons sly.gif , the Govt built hawker centres thumbsup.gif
after that for some reason, the garmen stop building hawker centres and starting tendering for coffeeshops thumbsdown.gif
i only got to know of this from the newspaper! shocked.gif
later to combat higher food prices, the Govt declared that it was going to resume building hawker centres thumbsup.gif
building hawker centre is easy, looking for hundreds of people to staff the 8 new hawker centres is hard!
no one want to be hawker, everybody want to be banker
so the Govt tried to persuade people to be hawker but it was badly received, esp edmw people
the publicity was so badly receivedthat people thot that the Govt was encouraging seng gah poh lang to take on blue colour jobs and let foriegners take on white colour jobs!
not easy being the Govt
say anything only also kena bash huh.gif

Edited by Mustank, 20 May 2013 - 11:14 AM.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

how abt starting a campaign to return all trays at fast food joints so that the pinoy staff will be out of job as there is nothing for them to do? laugh.gif

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Porkerchong
  • Porkerchong
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

just wait and see....sooner or later the headcount for cleaner will be cut once this tray return stuff gets going.
you think in singaproe operating business is doing charity work?
all are for ROI.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Tonyng
  • Tonyng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

many many years ago, there were many illegal hawkers
to better public health and maybe for any other reasons sly.gif , the Govt built hawker centres thumbsup.gif
after that for some reason, the garmen stop building hawker centres and starting tendering for coffeeshops thumbsdown.gif
i only got to know of this from the newspaper! shocked.gif
later to combat higher food prices, the Govt declared that it was going to resume building hawker centres thumbsup.gif
building hawker centre is easy, looking for hundreds of people to staff the 8 new hawker centres is hard!
no one want to be hawker, everybody want to be banker
so the Govt tried to persuade people to be hawker but it was badly received, esp edmw people
the publicity was badly construed as that the Govt was encouraging seng gah poh lang to take on blue colour jobs and let foriegners take on white colour jobs!
not easy being the Govt
say anything only also kena bash huh.gif

I not bashing government.

I am at a decision point on my approach to this new expanded tray return policy.

Last time, it was easy, I just help the aunties and uncles as I see fit.

Now seems the beginning of an end for them. And I think nobody will safeguard their interests.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Tray, Return

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users