Tray Return

Tonyng

Turbocharged

if they are able to distribute the coupon fairly and help lighten the cleaner workload, then still a good program. It depends on who is sponsoring the coupon.

should be a collective of all the hawkers i guess.

returning tray is really not a difficult thing to do. i wont deny, in my younger days i took for granted. after studying in the states, became used to it. at first my wife was wondering why need to do it, now she just follow me and return. hopefully next generation wont take it for granted that there will always be someone else to clean up after them ...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

should be a collective of all the hawkers i guess.

returning tray is really not a difficult thing to do. i wont deny, in my younger days i took for granted. after studying in the states, became used to it. at first my wife was wondering why need to do it, now she just follow me and return. hopefully next generation wont take it for granted that there will always be someone else to clean up after them ...

I return my trays and crockery MOST of the time when the facilities are available .... I only wont do it when the tray return area is full and there's no place to put my used wares.

btw, just in case you all visit the food republic at the newly renovated eastpoint, its not a good idea to return your trays ... coz I saw an old grandma cleaner telling off one of the customer for return her tray .... it was something like if you return the tray, YOU should also separate the crockery and the trays ....

• Praise 1

need to empty leftovers into trash bin and wash the cockeries or not? [confused]

I return my trays and crockery MOST of the time when the facilities are available .... I only wont do it when the tray return area is full and there's no place to put my used wares.

btw, just in case you all visit the food republic at the newly renovated eastpoint, its not a good idea to return your trays ... coz I saw an old grandma cleaner telling off one of the customer for return her tray .... it was something like if you return the tray, YOU should also separate the crockery and the trays ....

• Praise 2

Such is the problem of the modern days rewarding system. This is like feeding the macaque. Remove the reward they turn nasty. In our time, it is the penalized system that works. Remember the 'do not litter, fine $500", works well.

"NO return tray, fine $500.."

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

By using monetary rewards (in this case, coupons), it does work... however, this should only be used at the start of the campaign...

The bottomline, ppl must exercise considerations and self responsibility in returning the trays on their own accord, regardless of any monetary returns...

Hopefully, more and more ppl will return the trays after eating.. so that the next person that sit down and eat will have a clean table :)

Let's be considerate :)

• Praise 1

Such is the problem of the modern days rewarding system. This is like feeding the macaque. Remove the reward they turn nasty. In our time, it is the penalized system that works. Remember the 'do not litter, fine $500", works well.

punish is outdated, reward people take advantage, maybe should try praising, every time you return the tray, the robot voice will praise you "thank you for returning the tray, you are very kind and god bless you, have a wonderful day and hope you strike toto and 4D"

punish is outdated, reward people take advantage, maybe should try praising, every time you return the tray, the robot voice will praise you "thank you for returning the tray, you are very kind and god bless you, have a wonderful day and hope you strike toto and 4D"

Yeah, the strawberries generation does like empty praises. Such that most get accustomed to praises for mediocre performance.

Twincharged

i joe lang bery steady one, always swee swee return one [grin]

if you go the food center beside OG Chinatown got return tray or not ?

the tray return area is even more littered than the tables !!!

too many tables, too many customers ... too little cleaners ... how to go out of job ??

btw, I guess those who have been there should have noticed one old male cleaner ... clear table machiam stunt liddat ...bring the bin and put it right at the talbe and then thrown everything inside !!

if you go the food center beside OG Chinatown got return tray or not ?

the tray return area is even more littered than the tables !!!

too many tables, too many customers ... too little cleaners ... how to go out of job ??

btw, I guess those who have been there should have noticed one old male cleaner ... clear table machiam stunt liddat ...bring the bin and put it right at the talbe and then thrown everything inside !!

Jin gool neber go there liao [grin]

agreed!

This problem of strawberry gen is not limited to Singapore... heard on BBC last week that in UK, they are debating paying pregnant mothers to stop smoking [hur]

What. The. f**k?

How about charging them at the very least with culpable homicide instead...

• Praise 3

Jin gool neber go there liao [grin]

Put one hot chio Xmm at the return-tray counter and see how?? Maybe the ah pek eater next table will volunteer to bring our plates/trays to the counter!!! [grin][laugh]

• Praise 2

You guys are missing the point!!

The root of the problem:- THE TRAYS!!!

If in the first place there's no trays, there'll be no problem.

Gahmen can just ban hawkers from providing trays. Customers mus buy / bring own tray (collapsible/foldable) from NTUC Fairprice first and bring along when they go eat in hawker centres.

Then you will ask "If after eating, the customers just leave the dirty plates on the able and walk away bring their own tray home, how?

Same solution:- Dont provide table top!! (but provide stands/table-legs only for customers to put the own tray on top to eat their food).

Result:- After eating their dishes on the own tray, the customers have to LL carry to dirty plates to the return-counter, then bring their own empty tray home. [grin] [grin]

Customer just uses his

• Praise 1

Put one hot chio Xmm at the return-tray counter and see how?? Maybe the ah pek eater next table will volunteer to bring our plates/trays to the counter!!! [grin][laugh]

And when the husband volunteer to return, the wife quickly stop him and do it instead!

Either way things get returned

Your idea is jin goot!!! [laugh]

like this? [grin]

0.jpg

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 2

And when the husband volunteer to return, the wife quickly stop him and do it instead!

Either way things get returned

Your idea is jin goot!!! [laugh]

like this? [grin]

0.jpg

Where, where!!?? Good place for MU!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Taiwan [grin]

No wonder the last Taiwan trip I went, the people there quite courteous and considerate. Their incentive not bad.

• Praise 1