• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic | 22 praises

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Newbielee
  • Newbielee
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone by chance tried both different kinds of project mu bestop brake pad as one-to-one exchange for oem pads? can give review on any significant differences in the performances of both pads? heard that japan made quite hard to find in sg...not too sure about that

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Currently mine on Proj Mu.Pads have more than half life, so I cant provide info.Perhaps another 1-1.5 years later.
For me, its certainly better pads.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

anyone by chance tried both different kinds of project mu bestop brake pad as one-to-one exchange for oem pads? can give review on any significant differences in the performances of both pads? heard that japan made quite hard to find in sg...not too sure about that

Any parts compare i wil say jap sud b better than thai made.

But normally jap parts wil also b more ex. If i hv a choice....i prefer to pay a bit more fr jap quality.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any parts compare i wil say jap sud b better than thai made.

But normally jap parts wil also b more ex. If i hv a choice....i prefer to pay a bit more fr jap quality.

Rubbers and plastics MIJ definitely better including condoms. No jokes. If there's a choice buying MIJ seals, gaskets, belts is better choice.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Ham_cheese
  • Ham_cheese
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

votes for quality

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Rubbers and plastics MIJ definitely better including condoms. No jokes. If there's a choice buying MIJ seals, gaskets, belts is better choice.

All parts i prefer jap compared to thai. Quality sure better.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Yenyenpark
  • Yenyenpark
    4th Gear
    Author Image

so far Thai condom quite safe... :p rubber from Thai anyway... Japan no rubber tree...

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

BlueOldMan
  • BlueOldMan
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Jap parts sure better than Thai
They do in Thai also lower overhead
That's y can cost down for end user
But if parts r <20% diff, I go for jap ESP brakes n tyres
Bodykits etc nvm one
But one thing I see big diff with eyes
The paint job
Thai made cars their white paint sucks big x
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Yenyenpark
  • Yenyenpark
    4th Gear
    Author Image

actually Jap also setup alot of firm in Thai esp tire companies.. brand Jap but Made in Thai, closer to the raw material can can save alot on tax, logistic and etc.. which this is a very good saving and it's a good thing for average joe and jane who wish to get better quality Jap car at reasonable pricing.. :)

but of course Jap quality is much better if we really wanna compared, thus u can see Daiso business is so good even they are selling stuff that can easily found in any hardware or grocery shops... biggrin.gif

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Newbielee
  • Newbielee
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Ic ic..so any of you good guys know where to get Japan made project mu pads in singapore???i wanna go change and have a safe ride..haha

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Ungtiong
  • Ungtiong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

my ex-company machine small parts for a car parts brand...those that pass the QC (the good stuff) will go to their head office to do final surface treatment (and its labeled as made in that country) ..that that barely pass will be sold to neighboring countries (ofcourse those that fail will return to us...but some time when they are urgent for parts, those that barely fail will be considered pass).

Now you know why some 'local' produced parts are so crap..cause some of them actually fail the specs..but was passed due to demand. Its rare to find a good part 'locally' cause the best stuff is sent to the premium countries first (the costing is also different).

That's just for my part...other parts ofcourse have different stories but most have the same theme. Its not that Thailand workmanship is crap..its just their good stuff may be sent overseas....

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my ex-company machine small parts for a car parts brand...those that pass the QC (the good stuff) will go to their head office to do final surface treatment (and its labeled as made in that country) ..that that barely pass will be sold to neighboring countries (ofcourse those that fail will return to us...but some time when they are urgent for parts, those that barely fail will be considered pass).

Now you know why some 'local' produced parts are so crap..cause some of them actually fail the specs..but was passed due to demand. Its rare to find a good part 'locally' cause the best stuff is sent to the premium countries first (the costing is also different).

That's just for my part...other parts ofcourse have different stories but most have the same theme. Its not that Thailand workmanship is crap..its just their good stuff may be sent overseas....

laugh.gif you just broke some trade secrets.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yenyenpark
  • Yenyenpark
    4th Gear
    Author Image

common practice lor.. just like milk powders.. Netherland milk export to Singapore, SIngapore made in Tuas export to China.. China milk only poorer ppl buy.. zzz...

i worked for some time for a HDB fire resistant door manufacturer at Jurong.. the supervisor will say by right cannot pass, but almost pass also put pass.. because if too strict, the company bankrupt.. lol

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Bobby_tan
  • Premium member
    Bobby_tan
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Jap parts definitely better lah...but Thai is quite good these days. Just pray they don't flood again tongue.gif

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry revive old thread. This has been bugging me. Nowadays Thai made cars are on par with Japan made ones. Time for the mindset of people to change.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry revive old thread. This has been bugging me. Nowadays Thai made cars are on par with Japan made ones. Time for the mindset of people to change.

IMHO.

I see it as it is not whether it is better, worse or on par,  it is that Japanese car manufacturers just seem to be able to "afford" to have plants in Thailand and other countries while others could not.   

BanCoe praised this

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

IMHO.
I see it as it is not whether it is better, worse or on par, it is that Japanese car manufacturers just seem to be able to "afford" to have plants in Thailand and other countries while others could not.

Most probably such plants come under asean free trade agreement or something like that

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thai made cars have been selling here for so long liao, cant believe if people mindset still think Thai made cars are interior to Jap made cars?!

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:34 AM

Sktan10
  • Sktan10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thai made cars have been selling here for so long liao, cant believe if people mindset still think Thai made cars are interior to Jap made cars?

But one thing for sure,

My colleage Thai car brake pad is cheaper then my Korean car brake pad.

Cos we change brake pad in the same workshop on the same day,lol..

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

talking about this , let me share something about automotive manufacturing industry . a friend told me he has a friend who does part for audi. the part is made in china but send to germany for assemble into their car. then the car is claimed to be made in germany but actually the part from china. so it should be understood as assemble in germany right? . what make it worst is that they ask my friend friend to print made in germany on the part.. faint.

my company also does part for mercedes and so on in china but deliver to germany for assembly. so technically maybe only big heavy parts are made in germany while smaller ones are outsource all round the world.

Edited by Heman75, 15 January 2018 - 12:00 PM.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: project mu, oem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users