Thailand made vs japan made

Newbielee

Neutral Newbie

anyone by chance tried both different kinds of project mu bestop brake pad as one-to-one exchange for oem pads? can give review on any significant differences in the performances of both pads? heard that japan made quite hard to find in sg...not too sure about that

↡ Advertisement

Currently mine on Proj Mu.Pads have more than half life, so I cant provide info.Perhaps another 1-1.5 years later.

For me, its certainly better pads.

anyone by chance tried both different kinds of project mu bestop brake pad as one-to-one exchange for oem pads? can give review on any significant differences in the performances of both pads? heard that japan made quite hard to find in sg...not too sure about that

Any parts compare i wil say jap sud b better than thai made.

But normally jap parts wil also b more ex. If i hv a choice....i prefer to pay a bit more fr jap quality.

Any parts compare i wil say jap sud b better than thai made.

But normally jap parts wil also b more ex. If i hv a choice....i prefer to pay a bit more fr jap quality.

Rubbers and plastics MIJ definitely better including condoms. No jokes. If there's a choice buying MIJ seals, gaskets, belts is better choice.

Rubbers and plastics MIJ definitely better including condoms. No jokes. If there's a choice buying MIJ seals, gaskets, belts is better choice.

All parts i prefer jap compared to thai. Quality sure better.

Jap parts sure better than Thai

They do in Thai also lower overhead

That's y can cost down for end user

But if parts r <20% diff, I go for jap ESP brakes n tyres

Bodykits etc nvm one

But one thing I see big diff with eyes

The paint job

Thai made cars their white paint sucks big x

• Praise 1

actually Jap also setup alot of firm in Thai esp tire companies.. brand Jap but Made in Thai, closer to the raw material can can save alot on tax, logistic and etc.. which this is a very good saving and it's a good thing for average joe and jane who wish to get better quality Jap car at reasonable pricing.. :)

but of course Jap quality is much better if we really wanna compared, thus u can see Daiso business is so good even they are selling stuff that can easily found in any hardware or grocery shops... :D

Neutral Newbie

Ic ic..so any of you good guys know where to get Japan made project mu pads in singapore???i wanna go change and have a safe ride..haha

my ex-company machine small parts for a car parts brand...those that pass the QC (the good stuff) will go to their head office to do final surface treatment (and its labeled as made in that country) ..that that barely pass will be sold to neighboring countries (ofcourse those that fail will return to us...but some time when they are urgent for parts, those that barely fail will be considered pass).

Now you know why some 'local' produced parts are so crap..cause some of them actually fail the specs..but was passed due to demand. Its rare to find a good part 'locally' cause the best stuff is sent to the premium countries first (the costing is also different).

That's just for my part...other parts ofcourse have different stories but most have the same theme. Its not that Thailand workmanship is crap..its just their good stuff may be sent overseas....

my ex-company machine small parts for a car parts brand...those that pass the QC (the good stuff) will go to their head office to do final surface treatment (and its labeled as made in that country) ..that that barely pass will be sold to neighboring countries (ofcourse those that fail will return to us...but some time when they are urgent for parts, those that barely fail will be considered pass).

Now you know why some 'local' produced parts are so crap..cause some of them actually fail the specs..but was passed due to demand. Its rare to find a good part 'locally' cause the best stuff is sent to the premium countries first (the costing is also different).

That's just for my part...other parts ofcourse have different stories but most have the same theme. Its not that Thailand workmanship is crap..its just their good stuff may be sent overseas....

[laugh] you just broke some trade secrets.

common practice lor.. just like milk powders.. Netherland milk export to Singapore, SIngapore made in Tuas export to China.. China milk only poorer ppl buy.. zzz...

i worked for some time for a HDB fire resistant door manufacturer at Jurong.. the supervisor will say by right cannot pass, but almost pass also put pass.. because if too strict, the company bankrupt.. lol

Sorry revive old thread. This has been bugging me. Nowadays Thai made cars are on par with Japan made ones. Time for the mindset of people to change.

IMHO.

I see it as it is not whether it is better, worse or on par,  it is that Japanese car manufacturers just seem to be able to "afford" to have plants in Thailand and other countries while others could not.   

• Praise 1

IMHO.

I see it as it is not whether it is better, worse or on par, it is that Japanese car manufacturers just seem to be able to "afford" to have plants in Thailand and other countries while others could not.

Most probably such plants come under asean free trade agreement or something like that

Sorry revive old thread. This has been bugging me. Nowadays Thai made cars are on par with Japan made ones. Time for the mindset of people to change.

Thai made cars have been selling here for so long liao, cant believe if people mindset still think Thai made cars are interior to Jap made cars?!

↡ Advertisement