Thailand made vs japan made

Newbielee

Thai made cars have been selling here for so long liao, cant believe if people mindset still think Thai made cars are interior to Jap made cars?

But one thing for sure,

My colleage Thai car brake pad is cheaper then my Korean car brake pad.

Cos we change brake pad in the same workshop on the same day,lol..

↡ Advertisement

my ex-company machine small parts for a car parts brand...those that pass the QC (the good stuff) will go to their head office to do final surface treatment (and its labeled as made in that country) ..that that barely pass will be sold to neighboring countries (ofcourse those that fail will return to us...but some time when they are urgent for parts, those that barely fail will be considered pass).

Now you know why some 'local' produced parts are so crap..cause some of them actually fail the specs..but was passed due to demand. Its rare to find a good part 'locally' cause the best stuff is sent to the premium countries first (the costing is also different).

That's just for my part...other parts ofcourse have different stories but most have the same theme. Its not that Thailand workmanship is crap..its just their good stuff may be sent overseas....

talking about this , let me share something about automotive manufacturing industry . a friend told me he has a friend who does part for audi. the part is made in china but send to germany for assemble into their car. then the car is claimed to be made in germany but actually the part from china. so it should be understood as assemble in germany right? . what make it worst is that they ask my friend friend to print made in germany on the part.. faint.

my company also does part for mercedes and so on in china but deliver to germany for assembly. so technically maybe only big heavy parts are made in germany while smaller ones are outsource all round the world.

Edited by Heman75

talking about this , let me share something about automotive manufacturing industry . a friend told me he has a friend who does part for audi. the part is made in china but send to germany for assemble into their car. then the car is claimed to be made in germany but actually the part from china. so it should be understood as assemble in germany right? . what make it worst is that they ask my friend friend to print made in germany on the part.. faint.

my company also does part for mercedes and so on in china but deliver to germany for assembly. so technically maybe only big heavy parts are made in germany while smaller ones are outsource all round the world.

That's why such parts not so reliable?

Most probably such plants come under asean free trade agreement or something like that

Eh...den how come don't come to Singapore.  [laugh]

Our cost here very high you know

no true la.. depending on whether labour intensive or not .. apple also buy alot of parts from singapore. some industry singapore dont have.. china is a place chap ba la everything also have.

Edited by Heman75

Those who do manufacturing in China will know that you can get good stuff well made if you pay!

It’s rubbish to say that everything German or Europe is better than China. If you say so, then I’m sorry to say you are ignorant.

• Praise 2

Those who do manufacturing in China will know that you can get good stuff well made if you pay!

It’s rubbish to say that everything German or Europe is better than China. If you say so, then I’m sorry to say you are ignorant.

+1. nowadays what is not made in china? you pay one cent you get one cent quality in china. not all made in china products or parts are lousy and low quality already. Be open up.. china is not like 100 years back.

• Praise 1