Proton Campro Engine Tips and Solutions

Mustang

To all bros using Proton Gen2,Satria Neo,Persona,Saga Blm,Exora and Preve

If your engine got squeak sound especially during cold start its either your fanbelt that's need silicone spray/Belt spray or just rub a soap under the belting.For cars under 15000km its normal cause of driving under raining condition.If squeaking during you turn on a/c it's mostly your tensioner bearings that probably worn out.This applied to cars under 30000km.If continuously got squeaking then probably your belts having stress out due to over tightened or loose,You probably have to get it check asap.Campro timing belt it's best to change during 60000-70000km not 80000 as per recommend cause our engine is Alloy and generate a lot of heat compared to others especially always drive during afternoon.Campro belting and tensioner brands is also not so durable compared to japs or other makes.For engine with IAFM if occurred a knocking sound it's not tappet but its mostly the inlet manifold and canister purge valve.Get this at JB eon for under 370 rm.Most Svc Ctr will say your iafm gone case and would charge you a hefty 1150 to replace!The new manifold is slightly improved over the previous gen cause its a new hard plastic material.For IAFM without modification it's best using 50series eo ie 10W-50,5W-50 or even 15W-50.For normal Campro recommend is 15W-40 or 20W-40 and CPS its 5W-30(Exora CPS) or 10W-30..For auto cars its better use drop in stainless steel filters suchs as K&N,Simota,Works engineering or Project S.For manual can go for open pod with heat shield and better with cold air intake.Extractor recommend is 4-2-1 for auto and 4-1 for manual.4-2-1 for manual is also recommend if you want low and mid torque.Campulley etc better buy from R3 as they can remapped your ecu tally with those gadgets you install.Remember most aftermarket workshops don't really knows about Campro engine so if in doubt get an advice and do diagnose at Proton Svc Ctr before doin top overhaul of remapping your ecu.

↡ Advertisement

@Hamburger,Did I say the engine is tip top hence it's just no big deal but to share infos with other users.

@Shorty,CPS engine so far not too many hiccup compared previous 2 engines

after reading this I think will stay far far fr proton...my vtec after 200k still swee swee, just a thought if repair so ex might as well bite the bullet sell off and change car

Bro,Nobody forced you to buy Proton either.In this forum is all about sharing infos and maintenance tips.Nobody says that Proton are better than others.

Peace..

Alternative owners of Campro can join facebook Camprorules but its a close group subject to approval

U mean when idling or moving? "tak-tak-tak" sound like taxi?

Some sort but this one is jeng jeng jeng...Tak3x is normally for iafm cars like persona/gen2 iafm which is not available in our land

Neutral Newbie

i can recommend 1 workshop in permas jaya, boss is a chinese that speaks english very well (can whatsapp him also), very knowledgeable and is always willing to share. He has PDT2000 that can diagnose, clear error codes and do tuning.. very good pricing too ^_^

btw, anyone has put high cams or tc their campros? :wub:

i can recommend 1 workshop in permas jaya, boss is a chinese that speaks english very well (can whatsapp him also), very knowledgeable and is always willing to share. He has PDT2000 that can diagnose, clear error codes and do tuning.. very good pricing too ^_^

btw, anyone has put high cams or tc their campros? :wub:

Oh I know that one... My regular workshop... Very good... My car's weird2 problems also solved by the boss...

Some sort but this one is jeng jeng jeng...Tak3x is normally for iafm cars like persona/gen2 iafm which is not available in our land

Hmm... Maybe stuck valve lifters or maybe exhaust got leak somewhere?

I think probably intake manifold gone case or water pump.Second possibility is shim or tappet.He is SJA red gen2,Very disheartening to see car sound like that.Sound like exhaust leak but when I come near sound like from bonnet also

Twincharged

Bros my neighbor gen2 engine sound like diesel van why ah?

Maybe due to "Direct Injection",lastest BMW in line 4,also sound like Diesel.

Nope it's not,This one sound like exhaust leaking jeng jeng jeng like that

after reading this I think will stay far far fr proton...my vtec after 200k still swee swee, just a thought if repair so ex might as well bite the bullet sell off and change car

Thats what the Msians do. But cheap n after a couple of years ty trade in cos ty know those cars start to hv many problems after a few years. [sweatdrop]

U mean Gen2 has Direct Injection??????

↡ Advertisement