Chrysler Servicing

Crashburner

Anyone knows of a good workshop that can do Chrysler servicing and repair? Not keen to go back to authorised dealer due to very bad experience

↡ Advertisement

Try:

Super City Pte Ltd

9 Defu Lane 1

Singapore 539484

Tel No: (65) 6284 1542 | (65) 6284 1575 | (65) 6487 5315

They service my Dodge and I've seen them do Chrysler 300C as well.

Look for Mr Lim. Tell him that you were referred by David and he'll take care of you ^_^

What was ur bad experience about?

Last year, I sent in my car for servicing and they informed me that the car battery needs to be changed. I agreed to the change and after I took back the car, I realized that the battery was actually 2 years old. I queried why the service advisor did not informed me that it's a 2 year old battery and they said they had no stock for my car model, thus they just change whatever was the leftover. I insisted that they changed a brand new one for me (a few months old, I am ok). They said they need to indent which I am OK with it. 2 days later, the SA called and said the new battery had arrived. I brought my car down and waited for 4 hours. Guess what? After I insisted that someone provide me with an update after checking numerous times during the 4 hour wait, the workshop manager came and explained that the battery was not available. He was not sure why someone had called me down and said that they spend the last 4 hours checking to make sure that my car is OK. CRAP! He offered to waive 50% off the next servicing fee, which I told him to shove it and insisted that once the battery arrives, they bring it to my house and change it on the spot.

28 May 13, i couldn't turn my car key. It was in a locked position. The car was towed to their workshop under no choice circumstances as I do not know which workshop i could go to. No one in the workshop bothered to call me to update on the status. I called everyday asking for an update and no one bothered. On 1 June, after I told them that I will be away for 2 weeks, then did they send me an email quotation. Over the past 2 weeks, I had emailed them while I was overseas to get an update on my vehicle and no one bothered to reply. On 15 June, I called and the SA told me that he was on leave and so did not reply me. Promised to call and never did. Until now, I still got no clue on the status of my car.

Hypersonic

Last year, I sent in my car for servicing and they informed me that the car battery needs to be changed. I agreed to the change and after I took back the car, I realized that the battery was actually 2 years old. I queried why the service advisor did not informed me that it's a 2 year old battery and they said they had no stock for my car model, thus they just change whatever was the leftover. I insisted that they changed a brand new one for me (a few months old, I am ok). They said they need to indent which I am OK with it. 2 days later, the SA called and said the new battery had arrived. I brought my car down and waited for 4 hours. Guess what? After I insisted that someone provide me with an update after checking numerous times during the 4 hour wait, the workshop manager came and explained that the battery was not available. He was not sure why someone had called me down and said that they spend the last 4 hours checking to make sure that my car is OK. CRAP! He offered to waive 50% off the next servicing fee, which I told him to shove it and insisted that once the battery arrives, they bring it to my house and change it on the spot.

28 May 13, i couldn't turn my car key. It was in a locked position. The car was towed to their workshop under no choice circumstances as I do not know which workshop i could go to. No one in the workshop bothered to call me to update on the status. I called everyday asking for an update and no one bothered. On 1 June, after I told them that I will be away for 2 weeks, then did they send me an email quotation. Over the past 2 weeks, I had emailed them while I was overseas to get an update on my vehicle and no one bothered to reply. On 15 June, I called and the SA told me that he was on leave and so did not reply me. Promised to call and never did. Until now, I still got no clue on the status of my car.

Go down bang table! Ask for explanation! Get the GM to talk to you! Ask for compensation! ^_^

Likely ty think not many can service/repair yr car so got yaya attitude.

Looks like ty trying to teach u a lesson fr being so ngiao wh them abt battery.

Thats e problem when u buy those rare brand car. Agent same as e korean brand that sells motorbikes right?

Last time i tok to e service mgr abt my frens car atf. I chk is dexron. He say must only use their brand otherwise

autobox wil spoil. What a load of bs.

Their atf more than double e price n their labour charge also [knife]

(edited)

Try:

Super City Pte Ltd

9 Defu Lane 1

Singapore 539484

Look for Mr Lim. Tell him that you were referred by David and he'll take care of you

Just collected my Chrysler 300C from the Super City workshop today. Do note that they have changed company name to S3, as well as changed address to #01-64/66, 8 Sin Ming Industrial Estate Sector C.

Mr Lim was friendly, patient and honest. Solved my alternator problem at a decent price. My only gripe is that Sin Ming Industrial Estate gets crowded easily and cars pile up incessantly. You may need to be patient to find a parking spot for your vehicle.

I'll definitely be back (and thanks David for the recommendation)!

Edited by Anabolic

Just collected my Chrysler 300C from the Super City workshop today. Do note that they have changed company name to S3, as well as changed address to #01-64/66, 8 Sin Ming Industrial Estate Sector C.

Mr Lim was friendly, patient and honest. Solved my alternator problem at a decent price. My only gripe is that Sin Ming Industrial Estate gets crowded easily and cars pile up incessantly. You may need to be patient to find a parking spot for your vehicle.

Yes you are right, they have moved and are now known as:

S Three Automotive Recovery Pte Ltd

Blk 8 Sin Ming Industrial Estate #01-64/66

Singapore 575643

Tel: 6284 1575

Mr Lim's HP: 9642 0017

They have a lot of experience with Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge cars. Remember to look for Mr Lim and say you were referred by David and you will be taken care of :)

Neutral Newbie

Anyone knows of a good workshop that can do Chrysler servicing and repair? Not keen to go back to authorised dealer due to very bad experience

Where did you end up going? I need to get my car servicing soon and I want a trustworth reputable place.

(edited)

Where did you end up going? I need to get my car servicing soon and I want a trustworth reputable place.

in the end, went back to the AD. tried using another workshop and the experience is not good so rather go back to AD. at least any problem, i can hold AD responsible. Go to a workshop, they can just bo chap you

Edited by Crashburner

in the end, went back to the AD. tried using another workshop and the experience is not good so rather go back to AD. at least any problem, i can hold AD responsible. Go to a workshop, they can just bo chap you

I started with AD as well... if you are happy paying $500 to change aircon filter, $1500 to change the aircon condenser, or $2000 to change engine mountings, you can be the carrot-head for them [;)]

I started with AD as well... if you are happy paying $500 to change aircon filter, $1500 to change the aircon condenser, or $2000 to change engine mountings, you can be the carrot-head for them [;)]

To each his own

Glad that you found a workshop that you are comfortable with and is worthy of your trust. Unfortunately, I have not. Who would want to be a carrot-head? DUH

To each his own

Glad that you found a workshop that you are comfortable with and is worthy of your trust. Unfortunately, I have not. Who would want to be a carrot-head? DUH

There's many recognised trusted workshops in SG as it is. You can browse the directory here for reviews: http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/index.php

This AD charges 4-5x the rate of even the atas workshops out there. If you frequent this forum (based on your number of posts it seems that you do) I suggest you have a look at the reviews and maybe look around for the threads talking about the more reliable workshops.

As for Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge unfortunately there aren't many recognised premium workshops that have experience with these brands, but I have spoken to Riverview's (quite a well-known premium workshop YMMV) boss on this before and their mechs will be willing to try.

I suggested the workshop that I go to above (S Three Automotive) because they have handled many Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge cars and as such they are familiar with the vehicles (those brands are all owned by the same parent company). I just went to them a couple of days ago because of my vehicle ABS light appearing, and they diagnosed the problem with a reader that could scan the error codes of my Dodge (before this the only WS I knew that could read my vehicle's error codes was the AD).

After researching online a lot of WS chop carrot when ABS light appears by recommending change of wheel bearings - S Three mechs told me outright that bearings were fine and the problem was just one of the ABS sensors, a part which costs a fraction of the price of bearings.

Bottom-line AD charges much more and from reports of other users on this forum, they do not necessarily do superior work. If you do some research and try to find a workshop that you can trust you will save yourself a ton of money.

When people stop paying exorbitant prices at the ADs when there are good alternatives elsewhere, eventually these ADs will realise that they can't overcharge anymore, and maybe they will start charging reasonably (like maybe TCM) - when that happens I may go back to the AD myself.

Neutral Newbie

Try:

Super City Pte Ltd

9 Defu Lane 1

Singapore 539484

Look for Mr Lim. Tell him that you were referred by David and he'll take care of you happy.gif

Hi you think they do Chrysler Crossfire ? service ?

thanks !

thanks !

I think they are able to service all Chrysler models, do try calling in first - please note that they have moved:

S Three Automotive Recovery Pte Ltd

Blk 8 Sin Ming Industrial Estate #01-64/66

Singapore 575643

Tel: 6284 1575

Mr Lim's HP: 9642 0017

Neutral Newbie

thanks !

hi they service Chrysler Crossfire ? thanks