• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
87 replies to this topic | 57 praises

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Chrispie
  • Premium member
    Chrispie
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Apartment gonna TOP soon, so am looking out for furnitures....

Any suggestion where I can find nice furnitures with good prices?

I am more for design and quality of course, but feels that those shops at Park Mall charge too high a premium for what they have.

Not saying it has to be dirt cheap (ikea is out for sure), I dont mind paying a little more if it is really good value for money.

Thanks!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

There is this 3 storey building in sungei kadut which can find a few furniture shop, or toh guan road also have one furniture mall.
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

_h_r_
  • _h_r_
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

The quality of ikea furniture has improved a lot over the years. Not all ikea furniture are cheap. Gotta do your research and buy the ones that suit your requirements and are good value for money.

If you really want quality, you can try Scanteak, rose wood or tiger wood furniture. They last a lifetime but cost a fortune.

Personally, I stick to ikea for all my furniture especially for those properties that are rented out.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

_h_r_
  • _h_r_
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

There is this 3 storey building in sungei kadut which can find a few furniture shop, or toh guan road also have one furniture mall.

All those are branches of the furniture chains such as Novena. No need to go so far as all their prices are the same for all the branches.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

All those are branches of the furniture chains such as Novena. No need to go so far as all their prices are the same for all the branches.

That place can find quite a few furniture shops, more easier to compare prices and variety as it is located within the same area.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The quality of ikea furniture has improved a lot over the years. Not all ikea furniture are cheap. Gotta do your research and buy the ones that suit your requirements and are good value for money.

If you really want quality, you can try Scanteak, rose wood or tiger wood furniture. They last a lifetime but cost a fortune.

Personally, I stick to ikea for all my furniture especially for those properties that are rented out.

I dont really like to buy ikea furniture cause it is not cheap for some items and also need to install ourselves. Unless you pay a fee for them to install for you. But if you refer furniture used in rented, maybe ikea might be a good choice for small items like table and sofa bed.

Edited by 13177, 29 May 2013 - 08:46 AM.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all,

Apartment gonna TOP soon, so am looking out for furnitures....

Any suggestion where I can find nice furnitures with good prices?

I am more for design and quality of course, but feels that those shops at Park Mall charge too high a premium for what they have.

Not saying it has to be dirt cheap (ikea is out for sure), I dont mind paying a little more if it is really good value for money.

Thanks!

sungei kadut got alot of funriture warehouse

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Don't really agree as I have bought a cabinet recently. Some parts already wearing off and realized the door is not straight.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

if you engage an ID for renovation and base on your design theme, they should have some recommendation.

Edited by Jman888, 29 May 2013 - 08:51 AM.

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go to Air at Wilkie Road. Problem is they have a store at Park Mall too. Spend a little more for design and quality. There's no free lunch in this world

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Chrispie
  • Premium member
    Chrispie
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Go to Air at Wilkie Road. Problem is they have a store at Park Mall too. Spend a little more for design and quality. There's no free lunch in this world

I agree, rather pay more for good funitures than on ID. I feel that a few really well chosen piece of furniture will add more to the house than ID stuffs. So deciding to do lesser ID and spend more on furniture.

yah was walking around parkmall last weekend. Saw this kitchen table set that I really liked. Table about 7k and chair at 1.1k a pop...

And also sofa, about 8k after discount. Just that before I commit, would wanna check if there's alternatives.. because after asking, these are locally built also, not like they are imported from italy and are signature designs from renowned designers.

How about picket and rail or lush?

Edited by Chrispie, 29 May 2013 - 09:11 AM.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Chrispie
  • Premium member
    Chrispie
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Don't really agree as I have bought a cabinet recently. Some parts already wearing off and realized the door is not straight.

yes. ikea stuffs really cannot make it.

1. my standing lamp, the base made of rubber powderised after 2 yrs
2. Book shelf, but the shelves arent designed to hold the weight! After a few books, the panels start to sag!
3. Drawer cabinets. The base of each drawer sags and affect the drawer below it.

I dont know what the designers at Ikea do. they come up with the design, but functionally it doesnt work.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Grafunkt, Crate and Barrel, C&B 2, Galanga Living, OM, D-bodhi

All very nice pieces fit for a person that appreciates

the beauty of an Alfa at prices way less than Park Mall

but higher than Ikea.

biggrin.gif

Edited by Jamesc, 29 May 2013 - 09:22 AM.

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Air's pieces are going for much lesser than the prices you quoted. I have no affiliation with them btw.

Picket and Rail is kinda more laid back resort style. I like contemporary designs. It depends on what you're after.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

From my experience, i highly recommend Star Living, not expensive, very big range of products and design, not bad quality and good service. Go to the Thomson Road branch and look for Jessie, her attitude and service is immaculate, better than japanese.

Edited by Ingenius, 29 May 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yes. ikea stuffs really cannot make it.

1. my standing lamp, the base made of rubber powderised after 2 yrs
2. Book shelf, but the shelves arent designed to hold the weight! After a few books, the panels start to sag!
3. Drawer cabinets. The base of each drawer sags and affect the drawer below it.

I dont know what the designers at Ikea do. they come up with the design, but functionally it doesnt work.

Ikea stuff work la but just for a short period only. tongue.gif I only find buying cutlery stuff is ok in ikea, confirm not furniture items.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Chrispie
  • Premium member
    Chrispie
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

From my experience, i highly recommend Star Living, not expensive, very big range of products and design, not bad quality and good service. Go to the Thomson Road branch and look for Jessie, her attitude and service is immaculate, better than japanese.

i went to the STAR near Yck road... their stuffs.. cannot make it leh..

maybe different branches carry different range.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Chrispie
  • Premium member
    Chrispie
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Grafunkt, Crate and Barrel, C&B 2, Galanga Living, OM, D-bodhi

All very nice pieces fit for a person that appreciates

the beauty of an Alfa at prices way less than Park Mall

but higher than Ikea.

biggrin.gif

thanks for the list. biggrin.gif

haha.. good analogy. Only that alfa breaks down easily.

Edited by Chrispie, 29 May 2013 - 09:28 AM.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Juz check expo website, see when got furniture/reno fair..then go there..

Usu many retailers in 1 roof..so make life easier for u...also they might have some sale stuff

I find it much better than gg to the furniture mall...
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i went to the STAR near Yck road... their stuffs.. cannot make it leh..

maybe different branches carry different range.

Really ? The one just after a petrol kiosk and is one building by itself at Thomson Road, end of AMK Ave 1 ? If so, then your taste must be very high, or mine is bad. laugh.gif but i suspect you may have went to another one, anyway, they have one in sing post building also.

Edited by Ingenius, 29 May 2013 - 09:35 AM.

Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users