Furniture shopping

Chrispie

Hi all,

Apartment gonna TOP soon, so am looking out for furnitures....

Any suggestion where I can find nice furnitures with good prices?

I am more for design and quality of course, but feels that those shops at Park Mall charge too high a premium for what they have.

Not saying it has to be dirt cheap (ikea is out for sure), I dont mind paying a little more if it is really good value for money.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

There is this 3 storey building in sungei kadut which can find a few furniture shop, or toh guan road also have one furniture mall.

The quality of ikea furniture has improved a lot over the years. Not all ikea furniture are cheap. Gotta do your research and buy the ones that suit your requirements and are good value for money.

If you really want quality, you can try Scanteak, rose wood or tiger wood furniture. They last a lifetime but cost a fortune.

Personally, I stick to ikea for all my furniture especially for those properties that are rented out.

There is this 3 storey building in sungei kadut which can find a few furniture shop, or toh guan road also have one furniture mall.

All those are branches of the furniture chains such as Novena. No need to go so far as all their prices are the same for all the branches.

Supersonic

All those are branches of the furniture chains such as Novena. No need to go so far as all their prices are the same for all the branches.

That place can find quite a few furniture shops, more easier to compare prices and variety as it is located within the same area.

Supersonic
(edited)

The quality of ikea furniture has improved a lot over the years. Not all ikea furniture are cheap. Gotta do your research and buy the ones that suit your requirements and are good value for money.

If you really want quality, you can try Scanteak, rose wood or tiger wood furniture. They last a lifetime but cost a fortune.

Personally, I stick to ikea for all my furniture especially for those properties that are rented out.

I dont really like to buy ikea furniture cause it is not cheap for some items and also need to install ourselves. Unless you pay a fee for them to install for you. But if you refer furniture used in rented, maybe ikea might be a good choice for small items like table and sofa bed.

Edited by 13177

Hi all,

Apartment gonna TOP soon, so am looking out for furnitures....

Any suggestion where I can find nice furnitures with good prices?

I am more for design and quality of course, but feels that those shops at Park Mall charge too high a premium for what they have.

Not saying it has to be dirt cheap (ikea is out for sure), I dont mind paying a little more if it is really good value for money.

Thanks!

sungei kadut got alot of funriture warehouse

Turbocharged

Don't really agree as I have bought a cabinet recently. Some parts already wearing off and realized the door is not straight.

(edited)

if you engage an ID for renovation and base on your design theme, they should have some recommendation.

Edited by Jman888

Turbocharged

Go to Air at Wilkie Road. Problem is they have a store at Park Mall too. Spend a little more for design and quality. There's no free lunch in this world

(edited)

Go to Air at Wilkie Road. Problem is they have a store at Park Mall too. Spend a little more for design and quality. There's no free lunch in this world

I agree, rather pay more for good funitures than on ID. I feel that a few really well chosen piece of furniture will add more to the house than ID stuffs. So deciding to do lesser ID and spend more on furniture.

yah was walking around parkmall last weekend. Saw this kitchen table set that I really liked. Table about 7k and chair at 1.1k a pop...

And also sofa, about 8k after discount. Just that before I commit, would wanna check if there's alternatives.. because after asking, these are locally built also, not like they are imported from italy and are signature designs from renowned designers.

How about picket and rail or lush?

Edited by Chrispie

Don't really agree as I have bought a cabinet recently. Some parts already wearing off and realized the door is not straight.

yes. ikea stuffs really cannot make it.

1. my standing lamp, the base made of rubber powderised after 2 yrs

2. Book shelf, but the shelves arent designed to hold the weight! After a few books, the panels start to sag!

3. Drawer cabinets. The base of each drawer sags and affect the drawer below it.

I dont know what the designers at Ikea do. they come up with the design, but functionally it doesnt work.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Grafunkt, Crate and Barrel, C&B 2, Galanga Living, OM, D-bodhi

All very nice pieces fit for a person that appreciates

the beauty of an Alfa at prices way less than Park Mall

but higher than Ikea.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Turbocharged

Air's pieces are going for much lesser than the prices you quoted. I have no affiliation with them btw.

Picket and Rail is kinda more laid back resort style. I like contemporary designs. It depends on what you're after.

Turbocharged
(edited)

From my experience, i highly recommend Star Living, not expensive, very big range of products and design, not bad quality and good service. Go to the Thomson Road branch and look for Jessie, her attitude and service is immaculate, better than japanese.

Edited by Ingenius

Supersonic

yes. ikea stuffs really cannot make it.

1. my standing lamp, the base made of rubber powderised after 2 yrs

2. Book shelf, but the shelves arent designed to hold the weight! After a few books, the panels start to sag!

3. Drawer cabinets. The base of each drawer sags and affect the drawer below it.

I dont know what the designers at Ikea do. they come up with the design, but functionally it doesnt work.

Ikea stuff work la but just for a short period only. [:p] I only find buying cutlery stuff is ok in ikea, confirm not furniture items.

From my experience, i highly recommend Star Living, not expensive, very big range of products and design, not bad quality and good service. Go to the Thomson Road branch and look for Jessie, her attitude and service is immaculate, better than japanese.

i went to the STAR near Yck road... their stuffs.. cannot make it leh..

maybe different branches carry different range.

(edited)

Grafunkt, Crate and Barrel, C&B 2, Galanga Living, OM, D-bodhi

All very nice pieces fit for a person that appreciates

the beauty of an Alfa at prices way less than Park Mall

but higher than Ikea.

:D

thanks for the list. :D

haha.. good analogy. Only that alfa breaks down easily.

Edited by Chrispie
↡ Advertisement