Furniture shopping

Chrispie

Juz check expo website, see when got furniture/reno fair..then go there..

Usu many retailers in 1 roof..so make life easier for u...also they might have some sale stuff

I find it much better than gg to the furniture mall...

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

i went to the STAR near Yck road... their stuffs.. cannot make it leh..

maybe different branches carry different range.

Really ? The one just after a petrol kiosk and is one building by itself at Thomson Road, end of AMK Ave 1 ? If so, then your taste must be very high, or mine is bad. [laugh] but i suspect you may have went to another one, anyway, they have one in sing post building also.

Edited by Ingenius

Really ? The one just after a petrol kiosk and is one building by itself at Thomson Road, end of AMK Ave 1 ? If so, then your taste must be very high, or mine is bad. [laugh] but i suspect you may have went to another one, anyway, they have one in sing post building also.

no no..the one very near buangkok, hg point area. End of amk ave 5

Hypersonic

thanks for the list. :D

haha.. good analogy. Only that alfa breaks down easily.

Thats the good thing about furniture,

it doesn't break down much.

Anyway these shops have

Wife / gf friendly designs that women love

husband / bf wallet friendly prices that men love.

:D

(edited)

I bought 2 small desks from Ikea at $30 each and placed (free) black galaxy granite on them. The black galaxy granite were free because they were loose pieces that were left over. I just got the company to cut the granite to my desired size and polish the edges. So far so good leh!

Edited by _h_r_

yes. ikea stuffs really cannot make it.

1. my standing lamp, the base made of rubber powderised after 2 yrs

2. Book shelf, but the shelves arent designed to hold the weight! After a few books, the panels start to sag!

3. Drawer cabinets. The base of each drawer sags and affect the drawer below it.

I dont know what the designers at Ikea do. they come up with the design, but functionally it doesnt work.

How long ago was that?

Assuming you are not going for high-end stuffs, you can consider Picket & Rail & Vhive. Both make quality furniture that last.

My cheap Vhive TV cabinet is still going very strong after 10 years.

Turbocharged

no no..the one very near buangkok, hg point area. End of amk ave 5

oh yes, that is another one. the showroom at thomson is very big and has many products, and i find some of them really nice. i urge you to check it out (after all you drive and it is not far from yck anyway). They have some very nice sofas, many dinning table and chairs design, and designer replicas as well. it is possible the yck branch do not have the full range.

oh yes, that is another one. the showroom at thomson is very big and has many products, and i find some of them really nice. i urge you to check it out (after all you drive and it is not far from yck anyway). They have some very nice sofas, many dinning table and chairs design, and designer replicas as well. it is possible the yck branch do not have the full range.

hehe yah ok will check that out. :D

Assuming you are not going for high-end stuffs, you can consider Picket & Rail & Vhive. Both make quality furniture that last.

My cheap Vhive TV cabinet is still going very strong after 10 years.

no lah.. cannot afford those 5 figure per item stuffs. Maybe bedframe and mattress, i dont mind splurging.

When i was working in the architecture firm, will accompany clients to buy furniture. One trip, few items, they spent like 120k...

buy from JB?

much cheaper and they deliver to sg for a small fee.

most of the furniture in sg are made in jb anyway

china is a popular choice now too.. u be surprised many high end shops actually fabricate their stuffs from china as well

china is a popular choice now too.. u be surprised many high end shops actually fabricate their stuffs from china as well

i bought some furniture from qoo.

replica starck. saw the same from imm 200+ per chair. bought online include delivery abt 70 each. and the irony is they probably came from the same factory in china. [laugh]

no lah.. cannot afford those 5 figure per item stuffs. Maybe bedframe and mattress, i dont mind splurging.

When i was working in the architecture firm, will accompany clients to buy furniture. One trip, few items, they spent like 120k...

for bed and mattress wait for warehouse sale.

i got my tempur mattress during warehouse sale, abt 30% cheaper than the retail outlet.

For mattress, just buy cheap pocketed spring (less than $1K) and change every 3 years.

Mattresses should not be kept for more than 3 years for hygiene. A lot of creepy crawlers feed on our dead cells and live deep within our mattresses. They may cause a person to develop massive allergy problems.

3-4 yrs ago..

after that i lost all confidence in Ikea stuffs.

I heard the quality of ikea furniture improved vastly in the past few years.

↡ Advertisement