To Cyclists

Rastaman01

I can understand how TS feel. From my personal observations, it seems many cyclist just want the best of both worlds...

They want to command the respect and right of way just like any vehicle on the road which is fair enough. BUT yet also want the convenience to take advatage of rules meant for PEDESTRAIN like riding across a red light meant for vehicle but using/following the green man for pedestrain crossings; riding across zebra crossings again meant for PEDESTRAIN. If a cyclist wants to use pedestrain crossings - can, BUT please alight and push the bike across and behave like a pedestrain. I experoence many instances where the speed the cyclist dash out across zebra crossings especially is so dangerous and leaves little time for drivers to react to a stop.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Hope cyclists can read this

Many people dont mind u all cycling BUT BLOODY HELL on Sundays along punggol drive many groups will cycle and then some of these jokers will try to overtake the other groups and occupying both lanes. Bloody hell we respect ur u 1.5 meter already what.... Now you want whole road

Please la sunday does not mean the road belongs to you all la... To those group wearing red and white t shirt and always on sunday cycle along punggol drive i respect... always 1 straight line.... some other groups wah lau....

And also u on the road follow road rules la..... red light you whole group cycle through until many drivers also confused can move or not sia.....

U dunno every sunday got Tour de France all over s'pore meh, not juz punggol. All tarted up in their leotards and sponsor jerseys ok? Cycling nowadays beri serious, cannot say anything abt them one hor.

Juz like those ah bengs wif their Spoon, Mugen, Tanabe stickered civics at Orchard Gudang last time. Using public roads for their fantasy events.....

Yet another cycling bashing thread about legitimate road users. Unfortunately there are black sheep in the cycling community who breach the rules, but just look how many threads are here about road hogging, speeding, accidents, idiots on the road, etc etc etc who also breach the rules. It is a never-ending cycle. If traffic, ie cars/motorcyclists/cyclists/trucks/pedestrians, as a whole become more considerate of other users, then moving from A to B will be a lot easier.

Neutral Newbie

Many people dont mind u all cycling BUT BLOODY HELL on Sundays along punggol drive many groups will cycle and then some of these jokers will try to overtake the other groups and occupying both lanes. Bloody hell we respect ur u 1.5 meter already what.... Now you want whole road

Please la sunday does not mean the road belongs to you all la... To those group wearing red and white t shirt and always on sunday cycle along punggol drive i respect... always 1 straight line.... some other groups wah lau....

And also u on the road follow road rules la..... red light you whole group cycle through until many drivers also confused can move or not sia.....

i fully support !!!

please cycle 1 line.

very very often saw them in 2 or 3 line chat each other.

even like at east coast park they did the same thing. cycle 2-3 lines and chat/ talk each other, like the east coast cycle path belong to their ....

Complain here for? There is already another super long thread on this a few weeks back which has already been closed. -_-

Its only good to start another verbal war between drivers, cyclists and those who do both.

I agree that if drivers really have an issue with the cyclists, its time to bring the verbal war to them online through Togoparts, and not MyCarForum.

Ditto.

I have started a new thread in Togoparts on behalf of TS.

Ride on Punggol drive

Mod, please lock it. Its gonna go nowhere. 1 to argue or KPKB, go to Togoparts.

Dont think the authority can do much and want to do much to solve the problem. -_-

Authorities not affected mah.

I wish they would at least say they are looking into the problem... but now their focus is on MRT. :mellow:

I wish they would at least say they are looking into the problem... but now their focus is on MRT. :mellow:

To LTA, cycling is not used to solve our transport issue. Cycling is merely a recreation or sports.

U dunno every sunday got Tour de France all over s'pore meh, not juz punggol. All tarted up in their leotards and sponsor jerseys ok? Cycling nowadays beri serious, cannot say anything abt them one hor.

Juz like those ah bengs wif their Spoon, Mugen, Tanabe stickered civics at Orchard Gudang last time. Using public roads for their fantasy events.....

Who say cannot say anything about them?

Its just that annoyed drivers chose to do convey their displeasure online rather than stopping their car to block the peloton and give these Tour De France wannabes a good tongue lashing.

(edited)

ermm...

i feel that angmor cyclists are the worst bunch and arrogant. i kena middle finger from them many times when i felt that safety was compromised and i honked.

Bangla are the most dangerous. They ride at night without tail lights!!

Edited by Chrispie

Supersonic

Guess MRT problem much more important. [rolleyes]

ermm...

i feel that angmor cyclists are the worst bunch and arrogant. i kena middle finger from them many times when i felt that safety was compromised and i honked.

Bangla are the most dangerous. They ride at night without tail lights!!

These ang mohs are oblivious to the driving culture here in Singapore. Back home in Ang Moh land, i think honking behind cyclists is a strict no-no unless absolutely necessary.

Those who pointed middle fingers deserved to get run over by trucks. Ang Moh land or Singapore, pointing middle fingers at another fellow road user is just plain rude.

Sorry to ask... How come 5 years ago not so many ah?

was this brought over by ang mohs?

cause i can see most cycling teams are headed by ang mohs...

and since ost of them here are expats, their employees try to carry by taking up cycling as well?

Cause the whole flow seems so similar to what was associated with Golf back then...

Golf amazingly is now like a sport... and Cycling is a PR event...

These ang mohs are oblivious to the driving culture here in Singapore. Back home in Ang Moh land, i think honking behind cyclists is a strict no-no unless absolutely necessary.

Those who pointed middle fingers deserved to get run over by trucks. Ang Moh land or Singapore, pointing middle fingers at another fellow road user is just plain rude.

kena middle finger very good liao.

A friend kena kicked on his car door at the traffic light. He wanted to give chase but the angmor just turned 90 deg left and the road does not allow my friend to turn (the left turn slip road was behind). The clip of his shoe gave a nasty scratch.

Sorry to ask... How come 5 years ago not so many ah?

was this brought over by ang mohs?

cause i can see most cycling teams are headed by ang mohs...

and since ost of them here are expats, their employees try to carry by taking up cycling as well?

Cause the whole flow seems so similar to what was associated with Golf back then...

Golf amazingly is now like a sport... and Cycling is a PR event...

Cycling is the new golf. More and more business meetings and business relationships are done on the bike nowadays.

But as a cyclist who does group rides on the weekends, more than half the riders I see in the group rides on Sat/Sun are locals.

Its not about bashing cyclist , i also cycle on the road once or twice a week for exercise but not so professional like them, but i keep to the inner side near the pavement watch for traffic lights.

but there are some black sheeps that make cyclist a bad name. when others tulan one idiot cyclist the whole community gets a bad name too.

driving on changi coast road also see some jokers riding without hands and shaking here and there, if he trips and get run over by a car whose fault?

kena middle finger very good liao.

A friend kena kicked on his car door at the traffic light. He wanted to give chase but the angmor just turned 90 deg left and the road does not allow my friend to turn (the left turn slip road was behind). The clip of his shoe gave a nasty scratch.

Now, that is your typical si Ang Moh with a holier-than-thou attitude. :D

Too bad your friend doesn't have the chance to gently brush past this Ang Moh with his side mirrors "innocently"...

Who say cannot say anything about them?

Its just that annoyed drivers chose to do convey their displeasure online rather than stopping their car to block the peloton and give these Tour De France wannabes a good tongue lashing.

Hmmm u try first bro.... Tge moment u stop n surtounded by cyclists anything heated happens it just takes one of them to kick tgeir bicycle down n turn table say we knock them....

Btw post that forum for what..... U see their reply...one Mofo can bring out about buddhist or religion all that...how low they can be....

Post here cause we all drivers might know some loved ones who cycle..... So posr here so can help raise awareness AGIN

Btw if see my post i never condemn all... I DID DO POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT N commented the good bunch

Cyclist can be rather Xia Lan lot. Especially when the hog up the whole lane, and do not respect the laws of the roads. I see this group very regularly on weekend mornings. They really have no rights to hog up the whole lane as they are slow moving and vulnerable.

↡ Advertisement