McD Hello Kitty is back!!!

Adrianli

Personally I got 5/6 kittys.

From my own experience, the first 2 were very easy to get.

The Mcdelivery one was also easy to get if you called early.

It is only when media started reporting on a craze that the craze really started.

Frog kitty (no.3) sold out within 1 day + and things went cuckoo after that.

The sudden spike in demand just shows there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers and opportunists.

Actually if MCD wants to avoid such incidents, they could limit the toy to 1-2 per peson and provide an option for people who missed out to backorder.

For a "real" collector, 2 of the same toy is the standard .... 1 for playing and 1 for display / spare.

But sad to say hype and crazy incidents make for good marketing.

Anyway I hope the joker with the 28 kitty pyramid choke on his 28 value meals. <_<

haha... 28 value meals...super-size him.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Now market is $50 for the kitty... is ridiculous.

Don't deprive the kids of having a plush toy by trying to cash in on 'limited ediitions'. Shame on these ppl.

What!? Seriously!? $50 for a soft toy? I got better ways to spend this $50.

EDMW was really entertaining yesterday, with buyers and sellers trying to mindfark each other.

One side says the HK cannot be found next time so better buy fast.

Another side says in a few months, lelong also nobody wants.

[laugh]

Turbocharged
(edited)

I only wanted to buy one kitty ... and it had to be the laughing bone ....

my wife just bought a whole set from taobao via 65daigou.com...

how much? S$20 [laugh]

with such lobang shared on forums & facebooks, hoarders really pwn to the max for their greed. [laugh]

Edited by Solar

Turbocharged

haha... 28 value meals...super-size him.

guess he can now just give it to his gf...instead of 28 roses, 28 skeletor kitties [laugh]

Never understood the fuss over all these. It's just a bloody toy for goodness sake.

I agree, especially most of us here are male and must admit many no longer young, what so fancy after this soft toy??? Buy for wife or girl still expectable, buy for ownself very weird. Buy for "investment"? how much can the soft toy appreciate after 20 or 50 years? And don't forget, it's a mess production and surely made in China. And all we know any products from china always has additional "thing" inside.

Smart earning buy creating all this stuff to make extra money beside selling burger but seldom hear them donate or sponsor to the needs.

Turbocharged

my wife just bought a whole set from taobao via 65daigou.com...

how much? S$20 [laugh]

with such lobang shared on forums & facebooks, hoarders really pwn to the max for their greed. [laugh]

Bro,...taobao one doesn't come in the special McD box. Comes in plastic wrapper only.

Also, not sure if it is the original Kitty.....they could look the same though.

Turbocharged

Bro,...taobao one doesn't come in the special McD box. Comes in plastic wrapper only.

doesn't matter.. we aren't the collectors..

the earlier frogs and ducks were all ripped out from their boxes the moment they arrived thru my main door. [laugh]

My original idea was to get the black kitty n do a hangman pose in the car.

Now have to change plan in case some champion decide to break my window n rescue the kitty!

Supersonic

wow.. the parents and families must be feeling very proud of their sons/husbands/fathers who just went on national tv.

bravo! now they can use the brown McD bag to bury their faces...... [laugh]

doesn't matter.. we aren't the collectors..

the earlier frogs and ducks were all ripped out from their boxes the moment they arrived thru my main door. [laugh]

+1

I believe it should be the other way round as Taobao came out with the kitty before Mac.

It may be possible that the pussies are sourced from there.

It's a bit like Paris Hilton or that strange Kardashian woman - famous for being famous.

the kitty doll is desired because it is desired. Same theory of Singaporean queue because they see queue and think must be good.

What a damn cuckoo world we live in.

↡ Advertisement