Hello Kitty back

• Search this thread
365 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

HOSEH LIAO! Sure got 2 grown men fight over the farking soft toy cat again. tongue.gif

The violence that these toys cause in our history during the year 2000, including riots and injuries. Need to standby Ang Chia.

Source: http://infopedia.nl....2005-01-11.html
Timeline
1 Jan : McDonald's began its 40-day promotion of Hello Kitty toys, dressed in wedding costumes of different cultures, with its Extra Value Meals. First fight between a doctor and three others erupted because of the promotion.
2 Jan : First report of long queues totalling about 250, 000 to 300, 000 customers, for the soft toys.
6 Jan : Release of Hello Kitty pair in Malay wedding dress.
13 Jan : Seven people in a queue at the Boon Keng Road outlet were injured when a glass door shattered. The glass door was unable to withstand the weight of those pushing against it. The toys in Korean wedding dress were released.
25 Jan : McDonald's announced that these outlets ceased selling the toys: Singapore Turf Club, Chinatown Point and Clementi, next to the NTUC FairPrice supermarket. Sales at its drive-thrus were already stopped.
More than 130 security personnel were hired by McDonald's to patrol its outlets.
27 Jan : Six people were arrested. Three men arrested at the Bangkit Road outlet for rioting. Three other men arrested for disorderly conduct at the Bedok Reservoir, Lion City Hotel and Lot 1 Shopper's Mall outlets. The toys in Japanese wedding dress were released.
28 Jan : 64 more Cisco guards were added to control unruly crowd behaviour at 24 McDonald's outlets.
1 Feb : McDonald's began a new voucher system for the toys. Vouchers were sold to those who wanted to buy the Chinese pair. Customers could buy as many vouchers and collect the dolls in July when announced by McDonald's. The announcement came with a public apology and a $1 redeemable voucher against any McDonald's purchase.
RIP Johnny.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Reminds me many years ago people queued up overnight at mac to buy these toys. I know of some people whose house was full of these, but after some time, they gave them away.

I saw some of these toys at salvation army store! blink.gif
Life is very fragile.
Nobody knows what gonna happen next.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

Jmary2027
  • Jmary2027
    Clutched

People actually queued for these Hello Kitty toys? hur.gif

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Ingenius
  • Ingenius
    5th Gear

I saw some of these toys at salvation army store! blink.gif

during the craze then, one hello kitty toy can fetch like few hundred dollars even up to $888 (if i remember correctly), and last time money was big hor. smile.gif i thnk nowadays with toys aplenty and whataver, i doubt hello kitty has any attraction liao la.

Edited by Ingenius, 30 May 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged

Waste time, waste money, buy back also collect dust
bluey Tiko Ranger

like a V6

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    NOS-ed

Lets just wait for the first fight news and post here. laugh.gif

Damn, wifey just sms say tonight eat McD. dry.gif I will reject her suggestion and substitute with mine. biggrin.gif

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Lilyxo
  • Lilyxo
    Clutched

Wah Mehnonner rly wan to see ppl fight hor... ohmy.gif

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    Supercharged

So will we be expecting the craze again??? It starts today!!! tongue.gif

We, who are old enough to remember it (the first craze) laugh.gif

Was it like more than 10 years ago??

I think it will be worse nowadays, the reaction of people collecting these items.

More than 10 years ago, when people were more courteous and polite, and less overcrowded than today - there were already fights over the kittys...

Fast-forward to today's more badly-behaved public... can we expect worse??

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed

Lets just wait for the first fight news and post here. laugh.gif

Damn, wifey just sms say tonight eat McD. dry.gif I will reject her suggestion and substitute with mine. biggrin.gif

Haha..i just whatsapp my wife say no need bring dinner back..i gg buy McD..whole family eat McD for dinner once a week.. laugh.gif
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Dannyaki
  • Dannyaki
    Clutched

Wah Mehnonner rly wan to see ppl fight hor... ohmy.gif

Some men just want to watch the world burn... laugh.gif

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Jellandross
  • Premium member
    Jellandross
    5th Gear

I think order via McDelivery, save time..haha.

order via mcdelivery got special edition "witch" kitty.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

Jellandross
  • Premium member
    Jellandross
    5th Gear

We, who are old enough to remember it (the first craze) laugh.gif

Was it like more than 10 years ago??

I think it will be worse nowadays, the reaction of people collecting these items.

More than 10 years ago, when people were more courteous and polite, and less overcrowded than today - there were already fights over the kittys...

Fast-forward to today's more badly-behaved public... can we expect worse??

i can still remember back then my colleague snuck out from office to queue up for his gf. can you imagine if STOMP and Youtube are available back then? there definitely will be so much more reality drama!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged

Waste time, waste money, buy back also collect dust

ya lor. waste money, buy cos everyone buying...then just put one corner n become WHITE ELEPHANT.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

Alim
  • Alim
    5th Gear

Reminds me many years ago people queued up overnight at mac to buy these toys. I know of some people whose house was full of these, but after some time, they gave them away.

I remember people threw the uneaten meals in the bins just for these Kitties. blink.gif

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    NOS-ed

Same size as the last time one? unsure.gif But i find the black hello kitty very weird, cause how come hello kitty got black colour? blink.gif

Radiated.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    NOS-ed

ya lor. waste money, buy cos everyone buying...then just put one corner n become WHITE ELEPHANT.

Buy car better. At least can arrive in comfort and contribute to congestion. Buy cat, contribute to anger, food wastage. tongue.gif

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    NOS-ed

order via mcdelivery got special edition "witch" kitty.

thanks happy.gif

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Picnic06
  • Premium member
    Picnic06
    2Fast2Furious

Same size as the last time one? unsure.gif But i find the black hello kitty very weird, cause how come hello kitty got black colour? blink.gif

Did you ever see a black cat at the void deck.... sleep.gif

So Hello Kitty also got black one lor... tongue.gif

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    Supercharged

Not so crazy for Kitty anymore.

I pass 3 McD today, never even see a queue.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    Supercharged

i can still remember back then my colleague snuck out from office to queue up for his gf. can you imagine if STOMP and Youtube are available back then? there definitely will be so much more reality drama!

I recall queuing around midnight at the macs at suntec, because a new pair of kitties were to be released at that time. Can't remember which ones - but definitely among those still in original plastic wrappers gathering dust in the display cabinet now... laugh.gif I don't remember ever having to queue excessively, but maybe because I went off-peak times, etc. and wasn't chasing the whole collection. Only those that looked good.

Was just showing my daughter just now, the chronology of events related to the first release of the kitties at macs - how grown up men fought each other over a soft toy, and how cisco security officers had to be deployed... laugh.gif She couldn't believe it!

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Others Top

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users