[Awareness] Car Dealers loopholes?

Bradz7777

(edited)

used car dealers are CROOKS

sometime when i see comments like why die die must buy new car ... there are so many 2-3 years used car for sale

but they never mentioned the risk ... the pain ... the fk up dealer face ... the uncertainty of the car ... you handover the money ... money fly away and still no car

you can't even see what's coming ... the dirty tricks that used car dealer use to make the worst day of your life ...

buy used car really has to do a lot of homework ... probably need to bring along a lawyer and video tape the transaction

even you got he car ... imagine you drive for weeks and out of a sudden officer come to repossess your car because it is NOT your car ... and you probably still owe bank money

that kind of anxiety and pain is really unbearable

if you go through the blacklisted dealer thread ... you can vomit blood

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Think this is that fxxker. [rifle]

What a tel. no. +81 0000 0000 [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Still dare to put contacts all around the world.

This is really ultimate.

What a tel. no. +81 0000 0000 [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Still dare to put contacts all around the world.

This is really ultimate.

Let's flooded his mobile phone with some nice greetings! [mad]

(edited)

whether engage lawyer, go small claim tribunal, engage debt collector, or whatever

TS did nothing wrong and why TS has to suffer ... mentally and financially ... where is justice???

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

You need to sue him. All evident is against him and he will lose. The court will bankrupt him if he don't paid and you can sell his house to repay you.

worst is, at most bankrupt the company, he still do not need to pay the 14k [:|]

Turbocharged

Just to add on. To go around this.

Give a very low deposit. SGD500 or so.

Get the person to meet at LTA to do the transaction.

Hand the cash to the dealer on the day of the transaction.

That will be safer.

tats provided if loan approved already mah

(edited)

There are a few established old timer, loan brokers in SG such as Alpine Credit for consumers, which also has a new car division as distributor for Chervolet cars. Sin Thai Hin etc which actually take in car dealers customer loan applications as well.

If buyers make an effort to call the banks, e.g., DBS car loan dept, they will redirect you to their trusted car loan broker, Swee Bee. Even Hong Leong finance take in walk-in customers application. Over the past 2 decade, I have absolute control of all my 10+ used cars purchases and never deal with car dealers middleman coz all bought direct from owners, at dealers buy in price or slightly more

Edited by Amazon777

Neutral Newbie

I offer you alternative solutions , might not be the best solution.

1. Just tell get the LEGAL debt collectors to collect this money. Typically they take 20~40% of the amount but at least you can get back the rest of the money. Since he took your money and "used" it for other purposes which constitutes to a "loan".

2. This actually can be countered by filing a report claiming he cheated your money since you paid 14k for the car , in which he fails to do so. Your police report has to be properly prepared and structured out before presenting it to the police station to maximize your success rate of recovery of monies from restitution. It is a CHEATING case and though i might be wrong but i think you can verify these with the others.

3. Though i shouldn't be saying this , get a p.i to tail him , probably cost you something like 3~4k but it is the easiest way to dig something from him , if he actually go overseas get someone overseas to do him in. Make sure he gets 1X good one. Most likely he will find a way to repay asap. But i would like to warn you that this might be on the fringe of being illegal.

That said i have seen people getting into serious trouble for non repayment of their "debts" , so if those jokers think they can run , they are just lucky they met up people which are nice.

4. alternatively You can approach small claims tribunal since you claim it is only 7.5k and get the lawyers to draft a demand letter which probably cost you a few hundred and escalate further to a writ of seizure and sale. (Since you claim he bought a bmw even easier)

http://www.smallclaims.gov.sg

vote for #3....

Maybe you can go to CASE... there is Lemon Law..

our govenment brag so much about protecting consumer interest, i hope some justice can be serve..

do you have his picture? post it!!!!

i guess that guy will change company and start screwing other innocent people again...

even if you got your money back, this guy needs to be exposed!!!

i am sorry for you to go thru so much pain...

Neutral Newbie

Thanks all for the encouragement. definitely a hard lesson learnt.

anyway i have already gone to CASE, small claims tribunal while waiting for police to gather evidence to prosecute him ..at the moment is only breach of agreement.. so police cant do anything yet.

will update you guys.

Hypersonic

Bro,

Get a lawyer. File a writ against the company for breach of contract. They cannot ignore you once you file the writ. Unless the company die die want to fight with you or go bankrupt because of that bugger, then LPPL. If not, you won't lose and unlikely go to court. Then again, you will need to fork out money for lawyer.

As for police, the reply is expected cos this is a commercial transaction.

Good luck.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Thanks all for the encouragement. definitely a hard lesson learnt.

anyway i have already gone to CASE, small claims tribunal while waiting for police to gather evidence to prosecute him ..at the moment is only breach of agreement.. so police cant do anything yet.

will update you guys.

breach of agreement? more like a fraud case to me. u mean our dear polis juz tai chi?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Bro,

Get a lawyer. File a writ against the company for breach of contract. They cannot ignore you once you file the writ. Unless the company die die want to fight with you or go bankrupt because of that bugger, then LPPL. If not, you won't lose and unlikely go to court. Then again, you will need to fork out money for lawyer.

As for police, the reply is expected cos this is a commercial transaction.

Good luck.

yup..

i am actually meeting lawyer tomorrow. shall listen to what he says.

Edited by Bradz7777

Neutral Newbie

you do realize that just getting to court costs about $30k at the minimum, of which, its difficult to claim 100% of court costs from the losing party.

wow .. i know court cases are expensive .. but 30K? is it because of lawyer fees or is it court fees or both?

Turbocharged

breach of agreement? more like a fraud case to me. u mean our dear polis juz tai chi?

Yalor, spf damn lame.... If I post online, saying I'm selling a lv bag, when I receive money from buyer then, nothing delivered also not consider as cheat or fraud?... No wonder we have so low crime.... [hur]

The amount is less than 20k, so you can use SMALL claim court. very minimum amount to pay. I had used SMALL claim court for two claim before, one is property defect, one is sofa quality not as claim even after warranty. All successful as long as you can proof the other party wrong. Law is here to protect consumer.

↡ Advertisement