[Awareness] Car Dealers loopholes?

Bradz7777

A lesson is to avoid small used car dealers - from experience, none are honest. Those reputable ones that are subsidiary to major car makes should be much more reliable.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Yes, i will not contact him any more for now. Unless he agrees to return my full sum.

Do remember even if he agrees to return , you need consult the lawyers for proper procedures since you have filed with the police , there is certain legal indemnity that needs to be done. That said I am no lawyer , best you consult one.

Edited by CH_CO

Neutral Newbie

Do anyone has experience in buying 2nd hand car with this dealer Corsica trading?

Thanks for advise?

Turbocharged

Do anyone has experience in buying 2nd hand car with this dealer Corsica trading?

Thanks for advise?

never heard of it, probably wont buy from them

(edited)

really cannot understand buy direct from seller why still want to go through used car dealer ....

the process and steps to complete a transaction is easily available in internet .... just follow it and transaction can be completed within 2 days ...

To let others be aware of their next direct owner car purchase and the available options. If buying direct from sellers no need go to middle man car dealers for loan service since not buying cars from them, just call and go to bank referred trusted loan brokers or even sgcarmart connect which provide loan service

Edited by Wt_know

Thanks for advise?

Never heard before. Reliable bo..? :o

Yes, i will not contact him any more for now. Unless he agrees to return my full sum.

If it was my call, in short:

I would hear him out at the station in the presence of the IO before taking a stand.

"Negotiate towards a settlement", there is a reason why this statement exist and you and only you should decide if you are comfortable with the platform or to accept the eventual settlement laid in front of you.

However, please do consider:

1. Recovery/loses $$$$$, how much is your acceptable level.

2. Legal position, how strong is your case.

4. Legal costs, how much is manageable.

5. Time on hand, how much can you spare.

6. MCF advises, are they truly in your interest while you do not know who are actually giving them or if they are also sincere. [:/] perhaps yes but on the other hand, perhaps no [sly]

Do not be mistaken, I am not saying this guy should not be called a SOB or does not deserve to get his bolls super-glued and placed in a deep fryer. [furious]

What I am saying is your and only your decision should be one that is practical, never in a haste or retaliation and equally important, not one that is driven by emotions, your's or otherwise.

I did not elaborate on the above points for obvious reasons and I do hope you think hard to seek them out.

Be good or bad as we age, we gather all kinds of experience and some will place us at cross-roads faced with difficult decisions. Decisions then are not about winning or losing but coming to terms and getting the best out of the situation, therafter moving on with life with less aches and stress. [cool][drivingcar]

Hope things work out comfortably for you. [:)]

My suggestion to protect comsumer with 50% downpayment.

Eg. If 2nd hand car cost SGD$100k, comsumer needs to place a deposit of SGD$50k to bank and earmark before loan is being approve.

Bank will than disperse SGD$100k to 2nd car dealer. like that at least safer right? net net still taking a loan SGD$50k.

rational since bank need to disperse SGD$50k of loan to 2nd hand car dealer, might as well "services and protect" comsumer by dispersing SGD$100k since comsumer already place SGD$50k deposit to bank.

any other idea to improvise?

Supercharged

My suggestion to protect comsumer with 50% downpayment.

Eg. If 2nd hand car cost SGD$100k, comsumer needs to place a deposit of SGD$50k to bank and earmark before loan is being approve.

Bank will than disperse SGD$100k to 2nd car dealer. like that at least safer right? net net still taking a loan SGD$50k.

rational since bank need to disperse SGD$50k of loan to 2nd hand car dealer, might as well "services and protect" comsumer by dispersing SGD$100k since comsumer already place SGD$50k deposit to bank.

any other idea to improvise?

but who is gonna pay for the extra bank charges?

Neutral Newbie

Why need to pay 50% downpayment before transfer? I an thinking that the buyer can place a deposit of maybe $500 to $2k, and the balance of the 50% downpayment by cashier order upon transfer at LTA.

Workable?

(edited)

really depends on the used car dealer as there is no regulation to control them

if you want the car that is available by this used car dealer ... the dealer will tell you it's our company policy that you need to downpayment to them so that they can proceed ...

the question is who is more hungry ... the dealer or the buyer ... unless there is clear regulation to dictate the process

Why need to pay 50% downpayment before transfer? I an thinking that the buyer can place a deposit of maybe $500 to $2k, and the balance of the 50% downpayment by cashier order upon transfer at LTA.

Workable?

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

really depends on the used car dealer as there is no regulation to control them

if you want the car that is available by this used car dealer ... the dealer will tell you it's our company policy that you need to downpayment to them so that they can proceed ...

the question is who is more hungry ... the dealer or the buyer ... unless there is clear regulation to dictate the process

Workable?

There are many regulation on properties agents but none on car agent... [:(]

(edited)

ban the mother father gentlemen dealer from bidding coe ...

that's the LEAST govt can do ... but until now still no action

even if buyer-vs-buyer bidding the coe is >$100K ... i got no complain as it's a true fight

dealer should focus on selling car ... the decision of bidding coe should be on the hand of the buyer

again, there is a conflict of interest for dealer to sell car and bid coe ... isn't the govt is always look into conflict of interest?

There are many regulation on properties agents but none on car agent... [:(]

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

ban the mother father gentlemen dealer from bidding coe ...

that's the LEAST govt can do ... but until now still no action

even if buyer-vs-buyer bidding the coe is >$100K ... i got no complain as it's a true fight

dealer should focus on selling car ... the decision of bidding coe should be on the hand of the buyer

again, there is a conflict of interest for dealer to sell car and bid coe ... isn't the govt is always look into conflict of interest?

have lah, looking at conflict with their own pocket $$$$ [lipsrsealed][sly]

(edited)

imagine that dealer CAN only sell new car to buyer who had already secured a coe

buyer walk into a showroom with a coe on hand ... he is king ... that makes the car market competitive

now buyer walk into a showroom ... dealer is king ... tell you go flykite if you don't like what is offer ... and the same old same old is offer among all dealer ... they set the coe rebate ... they decide how many bids ... whatever

i am not asking to buy a car dirt cheap or dealer making a loss ... i am just saying at least a fair play

Edited by Wt_know

The relevant ministries are already MONITORrrrrING the situation. Let them do their job, might be able to finish monitorrrring in another 20 yrs.

(edited)

20 years? that's fast ...

The relevant ministries are already MONITORrrrrING the situation. Let them do their job, might be able to finish monitorrrring in another 20 yrs.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement