World's most racist countries

Windwaver

I'm sceptical about the findings. All ten countries are either Middle East or Asian.

That's bull. We all know that a lot of Ang mohs are racist pigs. Don't tell me all died suddenly. In that case that is actually very good news.

I'm sceptical about the findings. All ten countries are either Middle East or Asian.

That's bull. We all know that a lot of Ang mohs are racist pigs. Don't tell me all died suddenly. In that case that is actually very good news.

See! You're being racist! There might something to this study after all [laugh]

I remember a study done previously showing that almost all people are racist towards other people of different skin colour or for whatever difference between them. Can't remember where I read it from already though.

I'm also surprised that Australia didn't make the list, even as we continue to read about race related incidents from time to time.

(edited)

I'm also surprised that Australia didn't make the list, even as we continue to read about race related incidents from time to time.

I think the difference between Singapore & Australia is they let their racism be KNOWN. Singaporeans, however, talk behind people back, but seldom act out in front of them. You can argue that the formal is worst.

You may be surprise also that its the Southern European countries that are more racist, considering that they are closer to Africa, & Asia, & darker in complexion, as well more have darker eyes & hair. Also Eastern European tend to be more racist also. Its all boil down to tolerance level, education, & exposure. For instance, Eastern European only open up around 20 years ago after fall of Soviet Union, so they are still very behind in term of cultural, mindset. Its a bit like China. It will take time before they improved.

Having said that, I have quite a lot of Eastern European friends. Of course Eastern European girls are known to be very chio, but that is another topic.

In Western Europe, it was taught in school that racism is bad, & shown of racism can be punished. (Not unlike Singapore if you think about it) Of course it does not eliminate them, but its certainly much better than used to. I got an Australia friend that told me the group of girls he tried to hit on in Munich stop talking to him as they said he was racist,. Think he made some comments on immigrants in Australia.

When you look at Singapore, during my parents & Grandparent time, there are intorence & racism to other ethnic groups, I heard often even from my older relative very racist comments. Of now, now its hardly the case. A common language certainly help, as well as NS, & growing up together.

However, sadly, many people now channel their racism & intorence to FTs & FWs.

India is of course one of the worst, as the racism are towards their own.

Edited by Kiadaw

I think the difference between Singapore & Australia is they let their racism be KNOWN. Singaporeans, however, talk behind people back, but seldom act out in front of them. You can argue that the formal is worst.

Of course Eastern European girls are known to be very chio, but that is another topic.

When you look at Singapore, during my parents & Grandparent time, there are intorence & racism to other ethnic groups, I heard often even from my older relative very racist comments. Of now, now its hardly the case. A common language certainly help, as well as NS, & growing up together.

However, sadly, many people now channel their racism & intorence to FTs & FWs.

Agreed to the first 3 points. Still hoping to date a Eastern European babe, but my GF prolly wouldn't allow (if she allow, I also would like to date Swedish / British / German babes, haha).

Actually I don't mind people talking about racial differences. IMHO, racial distinction is OK, but racial discrimination isn't. Quite a fine line though. I guess for majority of Singaporean, especially the guys who've been through NS together, racial discrimination shouldn't be much of an issue.

For racism and intolerance towards FTs / FWs, I think it's just a symptom of some deeper issues. For one, it's usual for a huge established group to expect newcomers to the group adapt to the group's ideologies / way of doing things, but as can be seen, a lot of PRCs and Pinoys are quite loud and even more kiasu than most Singaporeans. Especially on MRT trains / buses, PRCs will either talk loudly on the phone or to each other, and Pinoys are known for rushing for seats. (Then again, I might just be overgeneralising. Please do not take offense at my words, for they are just my opinion based on my observations.) The mainland Chinese accent is already quite jarring and coupled with their loudness, might make most Singaporeans cringe.

Also, with the recent spate of MRT breakdowns, rising cost of living, other issues that we face on a daily basis, it's easier to pin the blame on the newcomers. While I'm not trying to make it into a political point, what I'm saying is that it's easier to pin the blame on something that we're more familiar with, or something we face on a regular occurrence, than it is to find the actual root of the problem and fix that.

(edited)

For racism and intolerance towards FTs / FWs, I think it's just a symptom of some deeper issues. For one, it's usual for a huge established group to expect newcomers to the group adapt to the group's ideologies / way of doing things, but as can be seen, a lot of PRCs and Pinoys are quite loud and even more kiasu than most Singaporeans. Especially on MRT trains / buses, PRCs will either talk loudly on the phone or to each other, and Pinoys are known for rushing for seats. (Then again, I might just be overgeneralising. Please do not take offense at my words, for they are just my opinion based on my observations.) The mainland Chinese accent is already quite jarring and coupled with their loudness, might make most Singaporeans cringe.

Also, with the recent spate of MRT breakdowns, rising cost of living, other issues that we face on a daily basis, it's easier to pin the blame on the newcomers. While I'm not trying to make it into a political point, what I'm saying is that it's easier to pin the blame on something that we're more familiar with, or something we face on a regular occurrence, than it is to find the actual root of the problem and fix that.

Its understandable to be angry with certain of them, & condemn them if they do not act civilize, or criticize them that they do not integrate. I am often angry at certain group of people also.

However we are better that that, to be calling them names & making demeaning comments. Criticize base on context in my view is ok, but not name calling, or making racist joke. Thats my 2 cents.

Edited by Kiadaw

Its understandable to be angry with certain of them, & condemn them if they do not act civilize, or criticize them that they do not integrate. I am often angry at certain group of people also.

However we are better that that, to be calling them names & making demeaning comments. Criticize base on context in my view is ok, but not name calling, or making racist joke. Thats my 2 cents.

Agreed! Especially with the bolded portion. Hopefully more people have the same views, then the Singa lion retire also happy.

Actually, making racial jokes is also threading a very thin line. Some comedians like Russell Peters, or Dave Chapelle, make racial jokes not so much to discriminate against the different races, but they make us think and ask questions about ourselves. One notable comedian, George Carlin, he made jokes about almost everything, but beneath the jokes were his philosophy. He just used comedy as a medium to share his philosophy.

We are not racist, we not xenophobic too.

we are just claustrophobic!

We are not in the list.

We are not racist, we are just xenophobic. :D

The study seem to base on the choice of neighbours... not exactly sure if that could determined as racism.

For example, the preference may just be due to language barrier or just plain uncomfortable with stereotypical habits.

Let's say, If I prefer a female passenger to sit beside me on a long haul flight instead of a male... does that make me sexist?? [:p]

4th Gear

Vietnam racist meh? Their people see ang mo like see gold mine like that....Lol

If you know enough of them, some actually are. They beri proud of themselves and looked down on people from the neighbouring countries, China included.

If you know enough of them, some actually are. They beri proud of themselves and looked down on people from the neighbouring countries, China included.

They originate from Tiong Kok leh (Gin people of China). Self-discrimination arh?

Turbocharged

They originate from Tiong Kok leh (Gin people of China). Self-discrimination arh?

Why not? India does that for donkey years already and still today... I'm surprise they are not on top of the list.. [:p]

as we grow older, generally our closer frens are of the same race.

for me, i do not have any close malay frens that i talk often to or go out w.

↡ Advertisement