Alfa 159 Part VII (Any Alfa discussion also welcomed)

Gorjiam

Wow, we pass to next chapter already

Do they run any analysis of the posts?

Maybe a lot of noobs like me mah. Lol

Anyone, I also new chapter

Jut finish washing fish tank, Waiting for my Bella now...

Din see any Jxxxxs this morn but my talespinner SE

And see what crock of bull I got from the EA from desk?

post-53611-1370238299_thumb.jpg

So much for my 5yr 'Bao ga liao' warranty

Except brake, tyre and batt...

Am really darn pissed for being taken for a ride

And the worst part?

Seems like all of us here agree but no one highlighted to mgmt?

Do they run any analysis of the posts?

Maybe a lot of noobs like me mah. Lol

Anyone, I also new chapter

Jut finish washing fish tank, Waiting for my Bella now...

Din see any Jxxxxs this morn but my talespinner SE

And see what crock of bull I got from the EA from desk?

So much for my 5yr 'Bao ga liao' warranty

Except brake, tyre and batt...

Am really darn pissed for being taken for a ride

And the worst part?

Seems like all of us here agree but no one highlighted to mgmt?

Actually they are stated in the warranty booklet but how many of us actually read it or does any of the SE point them out to us?

Actually they are stated in the warranty booklet but how many of us actually read it or does any of the SE point them out to us?

As mine is pre-loved, she does not come with the booklet. So I asked EA to provide me with one and re-endorse back all the previous servicing. EA want to charge me $150 for the booklet and no stock at the moment.

(edited)

Change transmission fluid every 20K? Really? Nothing in service manual

For selespeed I am not very sure but for 3.2s I guess better change the transmission fluid although not stated in the owner's manual. Many Volvo's and citroen also run on that particular gear box. Many of them giving trouble. After weeks of research only these few fluids seems good to go.

TUTELA TRANSMISSION GI/A https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&am...ela+GI-VI+Mobil ATF 3309

Toyota TypeIV

Edited by Goldenvodka

(edited)

For selespeed I am not very sure but for 3.2s I guess better change the transmission fluid although not stated in the owner's manual. Many Volvo's and citroen also run on that particular gear box. Many of them giving trouble. After weeks of research only these few fluids seems good to go.

TUTELA TRANSMISSION GI/A https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&am...ela+GI-VI+Mobil ATF 3309

Toyota TypeIV

could i check how much you it cost for the fluid change?

Edited by Chaona

Toyota TypeIV

Any one else out there has the same experience of Aisin unit failure at 66k or more without the change out of transmission fluid?

could i check how much you it cost for the fluid change?

Changed a few weeks ago , things went well for awhile until it finally broke down last week and requires an overhaul. changing of fluid was $220

Guess the previous owner did not change the fluid before. As I was watching the guys draining out the fluid its as black as charcoal water

Changed a few weeks ago , things went well for awhile until it finally broke down last week and requires an overhaul. changing of fluid was $220

Guess the previous owner did not change the fluid before. As I was watching the guys draining out the fluid its as black as charcoal water

So even though you changed your fluid it still broke down?

could i check if you experienced any prior symptoms before your 'humming' and vibrating of your gear lever ?

Change transmission fluid every 20K? Really? Nothing in service manual

Not too sure about 3.2 but my 2.2 manual is UK version which doesn't mention about changing selespeed fluid at all.

In the manual, changing the rear brake light bulb seems piece of cake with just the carpet board to be taken off easily with a coin. Actual fact I had to removed the entire rear lamp before getting access to the bulbs. All these impossible without proper tool sets :wacko:

My experience with Japanese rides, never had I ever see gearbox oil in black. The color will change, from pink to orange for example but never to black. Unless there's some unique brand with black gear oil, if not what could cause the oil to turn black within a gearbox?

Unless they pour stuffs like Liqui Moly MOS2 in it or another Japanese CVT gearbox common additive by the name of Oil Extreme which claim to solve a lot of jerking CVT gearboxes.

(edited)

So even though you changed your fluid it still broke down?

could i check if you experienced any prior symptoms before your 'humming' and vibrating of your gear lever ?

Yes , I change the fluid it went better for awhile but eventually broke down

nth , gear change was smooth with a little jerk at times but very gentle. early stages "Humming" only comes when vehicle is driven for like 20minutes. The harder you rev the louder it gets.. forward few weeks later after the early stages , the gear lever starts to vibrate like osim if you rev hard

Reference for DIY freaks

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.ph...flush-Procedure

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.ph...nsmission-Flush

Edited by Goldenvodka

(edited)

My experience with Japanese rides, never had I ever see gearbox oil in black. The color will change, from pink to orange for example but never to black. Unless there's some unique brand with black gear oil, if not what could cause the oil to turn black within a gearbox?

Unless they pour stuffs like Liqui Moly MOS2 in it or another Japanese CVT gearbox common additive by the name of Oil Extreme which claim to solve a lot of jerking CVT gearboxes.

This is what I found online

IMG_0424copy.jpg

Exactly what I saw earlier on

Edited by Goldenvodka

My case is SE say Bao ga liao BEFORE signing mah

So no access to the booklet apart for relying on his words....

What a weasel

Maybe EA is aware but choose not to bother abt house cleaning

Cos labour is hard to come by for such a small set up?

But something is really wrong here

↡ Advertisement