How much is too much power for street?

Strudel-

How much is too much power for street?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. How much is too much power for street?

• < 100whp
    • 100whp to 199whp
    • 200whp to 299whp
    • 300whp to 399whp
    • 400whp to 499whp
    • 500whp to 600whp
    • > 600whp

I think modern car with <100whp is sufficient, personally encounter many Kelissa and Myvi conquer Genting Highland with no issue

(edited)

Well, in case you're not aware, the NSX has less than 300hp (at the crank), and the Supra has less than 350hp. Those are stock figures, mods don't count.

No offence, but refusing to call a car a sports car simply because it has less than 500hp is quite ridiculous. Almost no real car enthusiast would agree with you. I don't think you're really *that* much into cars, are you?

There are many performance sedans with even more than 500hp that don't deserve to be called sports cars (although they go like stink). But there are *tons* of sports car that have less than 500hp, yet are *universally* (minus you, apparently) acknowledged as sports cars.

Just saying is all...

Hello ! I said to "Me" lah. I know 200 hp also can be sports cars or it is a sports car as long as it it BUILT FOR IT. Type Rs, Evos etc also sports car. Even the SSS is a sports car to some. What I say is my preference lah. Don't jump the gun and everytime wants to "tu" people. Alamak ! :wacko:

Edited by Renegade777

(edited)

Hello ! I said to "Me" lah. I know 200 hp also can be sports cars or it is a sports car as long as it it BUILT FOR IT. Type Rs, Evos etc also sports car. Even the SSS is a sports car to some. What I say is my preference lah. Don't jump the gun and everytime wants to "tu" people. Alamak ! :wacko:

Everyone can have an opinion (or "preference"). But they must at least be consistent. At first you said a sports car must have more than 500hp, then you named some cars that have a lot less than that as "sports cars". And now suddenly, Evos are "sports cars" whereas you previously took pains to point out they were not sports cars (instead calling them "rally or track cars").

Where's the consistency? Where's the logic?

Honestly, your posts convince me you're simply not a big "car guy" - meaning you're not very conversant with technical details related to car performance. Nothing wrong with that, but generally, people who lack knowledge shouldn't go out of their way to state an opinion on something they're ignorant about. If they still go ahead and do so, they can expect others to "tu" them.

Edited by Turboflat4

(edited)

Everyone can have an opinion (or "preference"). But they must at least be consistent. At first you said a sports car must have more than 500hp, then you named some cars that have a lot less than that as "sports cars". And now suddenly, Evos are "sports cars" whereas you previously took pains to point out they were not sports cars (instead calling them "rally or track cars").

Where's the consistency? Where's the logic?

Honestly, your posts convince me you're simply not a big "car guy" - meaning you're not very conversant with technical details related to car performance. Nothing wrong with that, but generally, people who lack knowledge shouldn't go out of their way to state an opinion on something they're ignorant about. If they still go ahead and do so, they can expect others to "tu" them.

You still dont get what I mean but keep chionging in one direction. For example, in general a sports car is a sports car to many. However, looking into my opinion, I will use a Evo more for rally purposes of driving through muds and stones. You dont expect me to take Ferraris, Type R or so for this. Sama sama I will take a BRZ for drift and not really a Type R becasue I think what fits best for me. No right no wrong.

Opinion is opinion, preference is preference. If someone have been driving a Lambo for donkeys years and his mentality is that this is the sport car, that level for him what is there to say. Telling him a Type R, Rex is a sports car does not really work up well in his mind but of course to the masses as long as sport cars are built for that specific purpose is a sports car. Don't be fixated. This world has millions and millions of people and equates to millions and millions types of brains and mentality. Anyway, maybe you are trying to hard to comprehend what my mind is thinking but over here it is just a public forum. Wa kaoz !

Edited by Renegade777

As a general understanding, what's the main differences between a sports car and a performance car, in terms of things like looks, practicality, power, speed, handling, image, etc? Or are they the same? [confused]

(edited)

"How much is too much power for street?"

1000+HP Koenigsegg Agera S [laugh][:p]

Anyway... This depends on the driver whether he/she could control all those horses under the hood.

Edited by Holdenutessv

"How much is too much power for street?"

1000+HP Koenigsegg Agera S [laugh][:p]

Anyway... This depends on the driver whether he/she could control all those horses under the hood.

1001 bhp Veyron included? [laugh]

You still dont get what I mean but keep chionging in one direction. For example, in general a sports car is a sports car to many. However, looking into my opinion, I will use a Evo more for rally purposes of driving through muds and stones. You dont expect me to take Ferraris, Type R or so for this. Sama sama I will take a BRZ for drift and not really a Type R becasue I think what fits best for me. No right no wrong.

Opinion is opinion, preference is preference. If someone have been driving a Lambo for donkeys years and his mentality is that this is the sport car, that level for him what is there to say. Telling him a Type R, Rex is a sports car does not really work up well in his mind but of course to the masses as long as sport cars are built for that specific purpose is a sports car. Don't be fixated. This world has millions and millions of people and equates to millions and millions types of brains and mentality. Anyway, maybe you are trying to hard to comprehend what my mind is thinking but over here it is just a public forum. Wa kaoz !

In short, you want to think whatever you want to think, and say whatever you want to say, even if it's internally inconsistent. Right, got it. Carry on.

In short, you want to think whatever you want to think, and say whatever you want to say, even if it's internally inconsistent. Right, got it. Carry on.

My friend, there is no inconsistency in this. I may not be an expert in cars but definitley not a noob as labelled. There is only why people wants to win everytime. All sports cars built for that purpose are sports cars, even a SSS or some low HP sports car. It is the design of it and not only HP. But to some, there is something call preferential. Just like this topic, some believes 100hp is good enough, some thinks 150hp, some may think 300hp is enough and so on and on. Different market for different people. Cool man......

only in singapore where its so expensive or illegal to buy/mod a fast car...that we will convince ourselves that less is better.....

In other countries its either the fastest, most HP, most bad ass looking, most fuel efficient, cutest, more value for money, cheapest, most bling bling......

If a 300HP car is less than $40,000....we will see more 300HP cars on the road.......while we are talking a modding our $100k cars with a legal exhaust and adding 1% HP (or - HP) , they are taking about putting in a turbo + other stuff in the same $20,000 car and getting 50% extra HP.....

get what you like..if you can afford it.

personally if i can afford it or even get it, my car for 2013 will be the HSV GTS.....it cheaper than my Altis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ofcourse not in Singapore)

(edited)

only in singapore where its so expensive or illegal to buy/mod a fast car...that we will convince ourselves that less is better.....

In other countries its either the fastest, most HP, most bad ass looking, most fuel efficient, cutest, more value for money, cheapest, most bling bling......

If a 300HP car is less than $40,000....we will see more 300HP cars on the road.......while we are talking a modding our $100k cars with a legal exhaust and adding 1% HP (or - HP) , they are taking about putting in a turbo + other stuff in the same $20,000 car and getting 50% extra HP.....

personally if i can afford it or even get it, my car for 2013 will be the HSV GTS.....it cheaper than my Altis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ofcourse not in Singapore)

Very true which is why I'm curious on what general Singaporean's opinion is. But the thread became more complicated than I thought...

Seriously if I am in Singapore, I'll probably just get a Civic FD. And I will vote for over 300bhp to be too much.

Edited by Strudel-

Very true which is why I'm curious on what general Singaporean's opinion is. But the thread became more complicated than I thought...

Seriously if I am in Singapore, I'll probably just get a Civic FD. And I will vote for over 300bhp to be too much.

thats y most new sports car have throttle control built in, adjustable suspension to make the ride more "comfortable" and "less powerful". You can even get adjustable exhaust to less sound

1001 bhp Veyron included? [laugh]

There used to be a Veyron/s in the Malayan Motors showroom, but not drivable cuz LHD. [laugh] So....the only powerful one is the Agera S. [:p]

Some nations are very liberal in terms of car mod like USA, or Japan. But most 1st world countries are pretty strict when it comes to car mods. By comparison, Singapore is actually very liberal.

Some nations are very liberal in terms of car mod like USA, or Japan. But most 1st world countries are pretty strict when it comes to car mods. By comparison, Singapore is actually very liberal.

Hahaha. First World problem. I dont knoq much about the control of mods in sg but it n Australia, Melbourne and Sydney are very bad. Always got defect station. Not only fine, got points also and we only got 12 points to let them play. Deducted points qill only be given back after 3yrs I think. Lucky I stay in brisbane

↡ Advertisement