3 vehicles registered under new Early Turnover Scheme so far

Darthrevan

stock-traffic-02.jpg

Three vehicles have so far been registered under the Early Turnover Scheme, which offers owners of old Category 'C' diesel vehicles more incentives to replace their vehicles with cleaner models.

The scheme was implemented in April this year by the National Environment Agency (NEA) and the Land Transport Authority (LTA). It will run for two years.

The scheme is meant to get more owners to make the switch earlier to diesel models with at least Euro V diesel standards and reduce pollution.

Under the scheme, owners can deregister their Category 'C' diesel vehicles registered before 1 January 2001 and register a replacement Category 'C' vehicle by paying a discounted Prevailing Quota Premium (PQP).

Owners will be allowed to transfer their eligible existing vehicle's unused period of its Certificate of Entitlement (COE) to the replacement vehicle.

In addition, they get a bonus COE period for their replacement vehicle, depending on the maximum laden weight or MLW of the vehicle.

An LTA spokesman said it expects the take-up rate to increase in subsequent months as more Euro V-compliant models become available in the market.

The mandatory Euro V emission standards for vehicles will come into effect on 1 January 2014.

The spokesman added that the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources and the Ministry of Transport will continue to engage the motor industry in promoting the scheme.

Industry players also say that while motorists may be adopting a wait-and-see approach, improving awareness of the scheme's benefits could persuade more motorists to take it up.

Raymond Tang, honorary secretary of Singapore Vehicle Traders Association, said: "I think the education part is very important. I think LTA and NEA do the education well, but I think they have to simplify it in a way that consumers will understand more on it."

He added: "Most of our petrol stations don't sell Euro V and even though Euro IV diesel can be used, it's better to have Euro V diesel than have side effects."

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singap...red/702412.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Those bloody scholars at LTA should be sacked.

First, they implement Euro 4 in 2007 with no ADs selling any Euro 4 vehicles resulting in Cat C plummeting to super low level and these 40000 vehicles got their COE renewed.

Then now they implement this scheme which is so complex in calculation. They must understand who are the owners of those vehicles. Make it simple and mandatory.

• Praise 1

First, they implement Euro 4 in 2007 with no ADs selling any Euro 4 vehicles resulting in Cat C plummeting to super low level and these 40000 vehicles got their COE renewed.

Then now they implement this scheme which is so complex in calculation. They must understand who are the owners of those vehicles. Make it simple and mandatory.

of cos the Ivory Tower scholars understand

they understand that those low class diesel sampan buggers are not worth a sh1t second of their time so they simply throw some sh1t to confuse them in the name of convincing them lor

• Praise 1

Twincharged

received a letter from LTA regarding the early turnover scheme. current COE for cat C is approx 59k. they say i can buy new van with PQP of 32k. thus a 'supposed' saving of 27k. my coe is till 4/2017 and statutory lifespan till 12/2020. i think its cheaper to drive on till 4/2017 and then see how. This scheme is a failure.

• Praise 1

yes, the 2007 mistake takes the cake.

COE for 10 years at $86... where to find such a deal. even 2006 vans went to renew.

• Praise 1

yes, the 2007 mistake takes the cake.

COE for 10 years at $86... where to find such a deal. even 2006 vans went to renew.

Have to tahan 4 more years before all the beatup lorries and vans are off the road. [:|]

its way too complex and complicated.

one of my company lorry is nominated for this scheme, but we dont see any significant savings from it. [:/]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I have a old van coe till 2017. I don't understand what this scheme is about.

Why would I want to pay PQP of $32k for nothing ?

I'll wait till 2017 and see what happens.

• Praise 1

I have a old van coe till 2017. I don't understand what this scheme is about.

Why would I want to pay PQP of $32k for nothing ?

I'll wait till 2017 and see what happens.

that's probably what everyone will do.

the 3 people who took up the scheme, i'm guessing their vans are beyond repair.

that's probably what everyone will do.

the 3 people who took up the scheme, i'm guessing their vans are beyond repair.

My guessing of the 3 who applied for the new scheme are RC Members or LTA Regular hard core Suppliers trying to jump starts this rocket scientist thinkable scheme.

Edited by Fongmy

Parliament: Over 3,000 pollutive vehicles taken off road since March under Early Turnover Scheme

A revised version of a scheme to persuade business owners to replace their old, pollutive diesel vehicles is gaining traction.

As at the end of September, 3,212 vehicles had been replaced under the Early Turnover Scheme (ETS) after it was enhanced in March.

Parliamentary Secretary for Transport Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim revealed the figure in response to a parliamentary question from MP Ang Wei Neng on Wednesday.

Dr Faishal said the number represented 77 per cent of the total number of vehicles replaced under the scheme since it began in April 2013. He added: "The increase in ETS take-up is encouraging."

Neutral Newbie

Looking for ETS seller

I am looking for ETS Seller in order to get a new van urgently, is there anyone can offer?

Please call 6366 6388 quickly

The ets is dam hot lately.... A lot of ppl sold their ets veh v low to dealer n the dealer use it to register new veh... My customer all finding ets veh cannot find ...

Here all is car people

Pay full cash somemore

Where got Lori sell you [grin]

↡ Advertisement