Inconsiderate driving -- any chance to appeal?

Riverfish

Just received the notice of "inconsiderate driving" under section 65A. Fine $170 and 9 demerit points.

Can't recall exactly what I did to warrant this, but on that day I was turning right from Balestier road to Thomson road, and filtered left immediately onto PIE. That was the first time I travelled this route so when turning right I lined up in the rightmost lane, then right after the turn I realized I need to filtered all the way to the leftmost lane immediately to PIE. I did signal as I habitually do, but maybe I crossed some double whilte line?

On the hindsignt I should probably have lined up in the leftmost lane that allows a right turn.

Anyone with experience of successful appeal?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Just received the notice of "inconsiderate driving" under section 65A. Fine $170 and 9 demerit points.

Can't recall exactly what I did to warrant this, but on that day I was turning right from Balestier road to Thomson road, and filtered left immediately onto PIE. That was the first time I travelled this route so when turning right I lined up in the rightmost lane, then right after the turn I realized I need to filtered all the way to the leftmost lane immediately to PIE. I did signal as I habitually do, but maybe I crossed some double whilte line?

On the hindsignt I should probably have lined up in the leftmost lane that allows a right turn.

First thing I'd be doing is asking what it was for, before any sort of appeal or explanation

Its a short stretch to filter across all the lanes in heavy traffic... signal doesnt give you the rights to put other motorists at risk with your manouvers.

I guess its just an honest mistake for not forming up properly before.. imo the demerit points and fine do seem a bit harsh :mellow:

First thing I'd be doing is asking what it was for, before any sort of appeal or explanation

By asking you mean calling up TP to ask? Thanks.

By asking you mean calling up TP to ask? Thanks.

yup, go down to TP HQ, see the officer know ur offence then think of one good "excuse" to appeal.. :)

must have solid reasons to warrant your appeal.. but then TP will say it's for ur good.. ur driving style is dangerous, can cause yourself into deadly consequences.. [:(] [:(]

I know that busy junction well and I am sure you created alot of panic and danger to the other drivers if you had lined up on the rightmost lane before turning and then switched across 4 lanes within 10m immediately after completing the turn to go to the leftmost lanes to take the exit to PIE Jurong. If you were going for the PIE exit to changi, then it depends on how you drove that day.

It is not your fault if you were new to a particular junction, but driving dangerously is.

So were you trying to get onto the PIE exit to Jurong?

I know that busy junction well and I am sure you created alot of panic and danger to the other drivers if you had lined up on the rightmost lane before turning and then switched across 4 lanes within 10m immediately after completing the turn to go to the leftmost lanes to take the exit to PIE Jurong. If you were going for the PIE exit to changi, then it depends on how you drove that day.

It is not your fault if you were new to a particular junction, but driving dangerously is.

So were you trying to get onto the PIE exit to Jurong?

Maybe he die die filtered left against all odds despite the facts that the left lane is full and pissed off some of the drivers on the left lanes. Maybe one of them was an off duty TP.

I don't understand why it is so hard to just make a U turn further up after missing your turn. Must die die filter at the risk of causing an accident? I've seen so many cases already.

This, is inconsiderate driving.

Should have went straight and back around again in opposite direction.

All the best for your appeal and thank you for creating awareness.

Turbocharged

It may not be that incident at all - it might be something else.

Have you got the actual ticket yet, or just a request for drivers particulars?

Is there a time and / or location given on the ticket?

Either go down to TP HQ and see the IO - or just reply back with driver details and ask for more details of the offence.

In my experience, if its a genuine mistake, and you have a good record then got chance.

Did you turned from the right most lane and tried to cut across the 4 lanes???

If so you must have pissed off a lot of people.

That junction is very busy and you definitely crossed the double white lines before the entrance to PIE towards Jurong.

I know the U turn is quite far away on that stretch but you could have really hurt someone.

Good luck with your appeal.

Totally agree.

That junction is a joke.

I end up in the right most lane also when I first travelled there. Then wanna filtered left. I was lucky because there were many kind drivers let me filtered in :)

Totally agree.

That junction is a joke.

I end up in the right most lane also when I first travelled there. Then wanna filtered left. I was lucky because there were many kind drivers let me filtered in :)

Yes that stretch of road along Balestier Road is very chaotic.

There are a lot of trucks and cars stopping along the row of shop houses even with the yellow zig zag lines.

During peak hours it's even more frustrating.

Even for me I'm sometimes forced to go on the 3rd lane and could not filter back before the junction.

Just go straight and do the U turn very far up or simply take Lornie Road.

It may not be that incident at all - it might be something else.

Have you got the actual ticket yet, or just a request for drivers particulars?

Is there a time and / or location given on the ticket?

Either go down to TP HQ and see the IO - or just reply back with driver details and ask for more details of the offence.

In my experience, if its a genuine mistake, and you have a good record then got chance.

Just a request for drivers' particulars, so still waiting for the notice of offence. It was in an afternoon around 4pm. The letter did mention some sort of lamp post, so maybe pictures were taken from some mounted cameras there?

To the other bros: yes I was trying to filter onto PIE Jurong, must have pissed off a lot of other users.

If you wish to appeal, by all means go ahead but do not expect the appeal to be approved.

You should also accept the fine and take it as a lesson learned. If you miss a turn, there is

something you can do and it is call a DETOUR. Personally it is a safer option to DETOUR than

to force your way into a lane at the eleventh hour. No doubt you may waste time doing a DETOUR

but at least you reach your destination with a peace.

If you wish to appeal, by all means go ahead but do not expect the appeal to be approved.

You should also accept the fine and take it as a lesson learned. If you miss a turn, there is

something you can do and it is call a DETOUR. Personally it is a safer option to DETOUR than

to force your way into a lane at the eleventh hour. No doubt you may waste time doing a DETOUR

but at least you reach your destination with a peace.

Yes I agree with you. So difficult to make a U-Turn further up? Hate it when drivers do such things, or worse still, I have seen cars stopping in the middle of the road cos the filter lane is jammed so they are unable to filter in. Damn inconsiderate. :angry: :angry:

most likely you crossed some double white lines..learn to plan your journey before setting off and invest in a good GPS so such errant driving can be lessened

You can probably do a U-turn after Old PA along Thomson Road or detour via Lornie. It is very dangerous to filter after that junction under heavy traffic.

OT*: There are some who do last second (not minute!) filtering when they realised that they are going to overshoot the expressway exit! Can go from Lane 1 to 2 to 3, then squeeze through the chevron markings and try to kill everyone along the way...

Wow I didn't know there is actually a fine + demerit for inconsiderate driving...and 9 points is quite a lot! Everyday got so many ppl driving inconsiderately.

I wonder how you were caught. I don't think there is a camera to record inconsiderate driving. Does this mean someone (probably the one who you had filtered in front of) sent in a video to TP?

↡ Advertisement