Food getting more expensive..

Kezg1

I ever order a dish where there is some meat fillings on top of tofu..its considered as meat dish !

Ya, even the egg with minced meat inside is considered meat. That's why when I order, I don't order those, just steamed egg / pure vege + meat dishes, not those hybrid-dishes-but-meat-prices kind of dishes.

I meant the ex TPK canteen

But the current TPK OPP also have ar, first stall

But ex, dun tell me that one closed Liao ar cos I heard the auntie said the rental went up

I have been with the ex TPK canteen for past year cos nearer to my ofc

Ah, ok.. Very long never go back.. Worked there last year, but now I working elsewhere liao.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Food prices each time adjusted is in the steps of 50cents each quantum...does that mean that foodstall holders' costs rose by that much each time? :angry:

how come our scholarly multi million dollars ministers don't see this truth eh :blink:

its supply and demand. they do not control the food prices. try to be constructive ok

Turbocharged

Best is if people can just stop patronising those expensive food stalls and let them languish and fade away.

Maybe all of us can start packing 'bento' style box lunch like the japs do? [laugh]

When I was working in jap company, I saw many of the japs just bring their own home-cooked lunch to work. Healthier too, in the long run, because they just pack a small portion in a vacuum flask type of food container.

Unfortunately we don't have so many housewives here nowadays who know how to prepare lunch, much less be willing to pack it for husbands!! [laugh]

Best is if people can just stop patronising those expensive food stalls and let them languish and fade away.

Maybe all of us can start packing 'bento' style box lunch like the japs do? [laugh]

When I was working in jap company, I saw many of the japs just bring their own home-cooked lunch to work. Healthier too, in the long run, because they just pack a small portion in a vacuum flask type of food container.

Unfortunately we don't have so many housewives here nowadays who know how to prepare lunch, much less be willing to pack it for husbands!! [laugh]

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] I already started off with breakfast. Pack sandwich instead of buying overpriced oily mee/beehoon/nasi lemak/bao from food vendors.

Lunch? A bit difficult. Still trying to figure out.

not only food lay..is everything..only not up is salary.. [:(]

Salary got up la.. Salary up $1, cost of living up $1.50.. >,< Haha, so in real terms, is kena shafted by government policies lor.

Was quite surprised that 2 small portion of vege and a small pc of fish, coz..4.20

If you compare with Thailand think you'll stop eating anything in Singapore [laugh]

^_^

Malay n indonesian food prices are increasing sharply that's y I siam far far since 1-2 yrs ago

Now I only eat Loyang canteen Malay rice cheap cheap nice nice

Is it the canteen opp the 大伯公..

The malay stall price not cheap hor, but the 10 veg rice at that canteen is Damn cheap.

Was quite surprised that 2 small portion of vege and a small pc of fish, coz..4.20

fish olways command a premium over poultry.

i'm tryin hard to boycott b----t---... supporting my hawker confectionery.

^_^

Is it the canteen opp the 大伯公..

The malay stall price not cheap hor, but the 10 veg rice at that canteen is Damn cheap.

Got time , read the next post

Supersonic

Near my place at Yishun, one stall sells 2 veg + 1 meat for $2.90. Another sells for $3.00

So I always go to the first stall. Then recently, they quietly remove their pricing and charge $3.30.

Now I patronize the second stall.

But it won't be for long.

They see all the residential housings area being completed and tons more people move in.

They see more $$$

ok lah.

you try republic food court or punggol nasi lemak you confirm jiak buay lok . one plate easily 6-8 bucks.

I got ate once in food republic java kitchen, one grilled chicken, 2 vege cost me $11, wahhhhhhh should have gone to eat restaurant

↡ Advertisement