Rat race starts for 18 mth old babies with formal guidelines

Subutai

Hypersonic

the more guidelines being put up

the more parents will start to measure against these guidelines

some will want the children to be ahead

some will force their children to match up

end result...still more enrichment lessons.

if all at the same age have the same abilities,

they would be called robots.

just let our children grow up on their own pace

-_-

thought PM just told all the students to play more and do less homework this holiday? [laugh] [laugh]

But he also said we have to stay competitive. Strive hard. Stay relevant. Work hard. Be productive. And many more words of encouragement. What he said is true cos we are not as rich so we must work hard. Rich ppl don't have to worry their children are well taken cared of. Guaranteed already.

On the contrary I think it's better dan the kiasu parents trying stuff too much info that is not required into their children's brains. It also prevents child care centres from ripping parents off. At least some kinda of benchmark for learning is in place and some control over child care operators.

Actually, the intention might be good, as you've said, to prevent the kiasu parents from over enrolling their kids in every single class, as well as stop child care centres from adding programmes just to be better than the norms.

That said, the implementation and the actual results might not be the same as what the initial intention was. Have to see implementation also.

I would want my kid to be reading the "Streets" not the "Books"

Some books, more streets.. Both also important la.. But streets-skills more critical than books I think.

Mr Chan, Mr Chan.

Every kids has different milestones that are triggered day to day experiences and that is how they learned.How can i compare my child performance against some charts that come out by some scholars. Thank to you, now my girl is going to have KPI tied to her.

Please dun rob my baby girl's childhood. Your brainless standard that you are going to put in place will cause rippling effect that going to affect many of the babies.

Can i know what is your KPI?

↡ Advertisement